Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-14-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
I've tested a couple props so far and I think we have determined that a larger 14.5" prop just doesn't work that well on my boat. We are not sure why but the 1235 just didn't do much for my boat other than raise my fuel bill!

We were surprised at how well the stock 1631 prop performed once we put it back on after having the 1235 for a month or two. ACME thinks it may have been a hull clearance issue as the 1235 was only about 3/8" - 1/2" away from the hull.

I tested another 14.5" prop, a 5 blade 2245 M39 which actually got the boat out of the hole a little better than the 1235 (almost 2 seconds faster) but did not hold speed very well. I only ran the 2245 for a day as it was closer to 1/4" from the hull. The RPM's were much lower on the 2245 as was the fuel consumption but it was just too close to the hull.

We've been waiting for a couple weeks for them to finish up a new 5 blade, the 2407 (13.50 X 14.50 VL5B 1.125 .060). I just received it today and can't wait to put it on tomorrow for when we go out on Sunday (barring a complete rainout). I'll report back on Monday.