Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-13-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Yo brice... You say you pull in 250K a year but your rolling in a 1997 sun setter hahahaha come on man time to step up your GAME G
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-13-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
Yes that is the comment under the link to the video.... My guess is it is the best way to dial in the wake. Crazy to fill them 1/2 way and then add a extra in the walk way.... They are the pros and do know how to get a perfect wake so I'll go with it... For now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Are you saying that how the boat is weighted when the Rusty and friends are riding it in the video? If so then WOW, this boat is a game changer to produce that wake with that amount of ballast.

It makes no sense to hand fill a sac when the factory ballast is only 1/2 full so I have my doubts.....
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberlandky View Post
Yes that is the comment under the link to the video.... My guess is it is the best way to dial in the wake. Crazy to fill them 1/2 way and then add a extra in the walk way.... They are the pros and do know how to get a perfect wake so I'll go with it... For now
But this was the first time they rode behind it, and likely ever really saw the wake to mess with it. It takes them days, weeks, even months to dial their boats wakes in with millions of bags, so you think first time riding behind it the "pros" knew how it needed to be weighted? I think they realized they shouldn't have panned the sac into the shot during that video, but it was too late.
Old     (adrien)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-13-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
I paused the video trying to see who the driver was and this is what I got.
Attached Images

Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-14-2011, 4:15 AM Reply   
I was at Surf Expo on Friday and got a tour of the new Star from a MC rep there. The show boat has no ballast in it. The lockers are all very deep and he said it would have 1500lb under floors to be added into the lockers. We were told they are aiming at $125k base price with a 6 liter engine and standard features. A boat equipped with the 7.4L and options as shown would be $150k or so. It is a lot of money but as I was told by someone at the expo, MC make luxury boats that can be used for other things such as wake boarding instead of making wake boats that have fancy features.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-14-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
It may have been the first time Rusty had ridden it... Zane/Parks and a few other riders have been involved with this boat for 3 years now. I guarantee you that this wasn't the "first" time they have have played around with weighing the boat. Let alone releasing a new haul for wakeboarding without testing the wake before production.... c'mon gotta give them the benefit of the doubt. Although after the release of the new zf2 tower idk if they do R&D anymore lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
But this was the first time they rode behind it, and likely ever really saw the wake to mess with it. It takes them days, weeks, even months to dial their boats wakes in with millions of bags, so you think first time riding behind it the "pros" knew how it needed to be weighted? I think they realized they shouldn't have panned the sac into the shot during that video, but it was too late.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjkimball View Post
A boat equipped with the 7.4L and options as shown would be $150k or so. It is a lot of money but as I was told by someone at the expo, MC make luxury boats that can be used for other things such as wake boarding instead of making wake boats that have fancy features.
Were you told that by an MC rep? If so, that is a rediculous statement to make, but gives a great window into how they justify the price. With that mentality, I expect prices to continue spiraling out of control. Xstar is a luxury boat that can be used for other things such as wakeboarding, that is hilarious.
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-14-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Were you told that by an MC rep? If so, that is a rediculous statement to make, but gives a great window into how they justify the price. With that mentality, I expect prices to continue spiraling out of control. Xstar is a luxury boat that can be used for other things such as wakeboarding, that is hilarious.
Yes, I was while standing next to the boat at the show with a dealer friend. I asked the price and he told us what I wrote above. So, I don't find the statement rediculous. I asked how much, he gave the answer. Simple. This boat like all of them has a range of power and options available. A Supra 242 can list from mid 60's to around 90k depending on optins and pwoer selected. The new star is not built for the masses. It is built for those who REALLY want it and CAN afford it and I am not one who can.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, I was while standing next to the boat at the show with a dealer friend. I asked the price and he told us what I wrote above. So, I don't find the statement rediculous. I asked how much, he gave the answer. Simple. This boat like all of them has a range of power and options available. A Supra 242 can list from mid 60's to around 90k depending on optins and pwoer selected. The new star is not built for the masses. It is built for those who REALLY want it and CAN afford it and I am not one who can.
You dont find it rediculous that a dealer explains the price of a wakeboard-specific boat by saying its a luxury boat that happens to do other things? I'm not even talking price, I am talking about the justification.

Last edited by MattieK27; 09-14-2011 at 1:19 PM.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
First, I'm a MC guy and have been in a MC for over 30 years............probably a little older than most of you. But I'm having a hard time with the direction MC is going. Not only is the new star 125 - 150 but the 03 - 11 star along with the original star are being discontinued in 2012. For those of us that want a wake specific boat that doesn't leave much choice in the MC line. Yes they have several other models but the wake is a compromise for other features. No, I don't make the kind of coin to go out and buy a 2012 star, so when it's time to upgrade I will have a new decision to make. Not just which model but which manufacturer.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-14-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Bryce is LONs alter ego! Stuntin on all us foolz!
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-14-2011, 6:24 PM Reply   
Matt, no. The price was stated by the MC factory person showing the boat to us. He was not a dealer. Another person standing there, who I did not know, made the luxury comment. That statement has some truth to it if you really think about it. MC has a rep for being a high end product. No doubt they target those with considerable amounts of play money to spend just like high dollar cars and fun airplanes.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
you see that shiit.... thats a waist high wake.... there you go haters.... 150K here i come
Attached Images

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
you see that shiit.... thats a waist high wake.... there you go haters....
fine, I'll do it....
http://www.wakeboardreport.com/archi...a_young_s.html
Old     (ShortFilmsJH)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-14-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Whats the deal with the walk through window, looks like it curves the wrong way? The interior looks incredible.
I read this and checked, couldnt really tell. but if it is it's genius! why would you want a wakeboat to be aerodynamic? if its curved that means it catches wind and is like one of those crazy contraptions the used to make that would weigh your boat down by catching wind in the passing air.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
.... but yeah, I wouldn't mind taking a set on one of these
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
Nick we have all seen that video.... its 10 years old.. Move on.... Yeah Bylery kills it.... but he didn't stomp an 10, or a 12 times changes BRU
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-14-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
HOLY CRAP THAT WAKE LOOKS insane. Here I come second mortgage!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Matt, no. The price was stated by the MC factory person showing the boat to us. He was not a dealer. Another person standing there, who I did not know, made the luxury comment. That statement has some truth to it if you really think about it. MC has a rep for being a high end product. No doubt they target those with considerable amounts of play money to spend just like high dollar cars and fun airplanes.
Ok. I wasnt really concerned with who said it, just that it was said.

If you feel there is truth in the statement that the Xstar is a luxury boat that happens to be able to do other things including wakeboarding, the marketing team at MC has done their job. MC isn't alone, Nautique is chasing the high end dollar too. I just find it amazing that people can accept a 24' towboat costing in excess of $120,000.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-14-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
How much ballast r they running in that thing too to produce that?? A few weeks ago n the last big tourney the xstar was running around 5k lbs ballast.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2011, 9:18 PM Reply   
this thread was all fun and games for me until somebody mentioned they are discontinuing the 205V next year!!! SOMEBODY CONFIRM OR DENY I'M LOSING MY MIND OVER HERE.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2011, 2:17 AM Reply   
you guys have it so easy in the US in other countries like Australia $120k plus for an xstar is what you have to pay.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-15-2011, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crawley View Post
this thread was all fun and games for me until somebody mentioned they are discontinuing the 205V next year!!! SOMEBODY CONFIRM OR DENY I'M LOSING MY MIND OVER HERE.
It's gone. The Illmor engine is taller and would not fit without major modifications to the rear deck height.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-15-2011, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
How much ballast r they running in that thing too to produce that?? A few weeks ago n the last big tourney the xstar was running around 5k lbs ballast.
i mentioned it earlier in the thread...
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       09-15-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
The Ilmor motor is wider due to the actually functioning Cats and won't fit into the 205v. Car companies discontinue models every day why can't the boat industry do it? If you love the 205v so much, you have over 10yrs of boats to choose from along with 8 years of the current X-Star to choose from. A little gel coat and a motor rebuild and it is as good as new if you don't ever want to move from those models.

It is funny that this boat is getting so much grief about price when a Byerly Icon 210 is over $110k and a Mapple edition 200 is over $90k. This boat is 3 feet longer with significantly more features and content. The Parks boat was $130k plus depending on options and the sold out so I really don't think they are going to have as tough of a time as all think. Did it just make it out of the reach of a handful of people, most likely but it is the way all things Marine are going.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-15-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
The Ilmor motor is wider due to the actually functioning Cats and won't fit into the 205v. Car companies discontinue models every day why can't the boat industry do it? If you love the 205v so much, you have over 10yrs of boats to choose from along with 8 years of the current X-Star to choose from. A little gel coat and a motor rebuild and it is as good as new if you don't ever want to move from those models.
I know, it was bound to happen, but I'm hoping there is a replacement coming. The X15 is a much bigger boat even though it is only a foot longer, and the X2 simply doesn't have the wake to fill the same roll that the 205V occupied. We ride small lakes in Michigan and you look like a tool up here with any boat over 22 feet, so I'm just wondering if this means Malibu is going to steal a ton of market with their A20 and VTX. Hope MC has a plan for a new 20 foot traditional nose boat with a macking wake!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crawley View Post
All sources have confirmed.