Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-12-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
Well today i was able to ride the delta for the first time. I had the day off or school, and a friend of mine asked if me and my dad wanted to roll out. So we took him up on the offer, met up with him at Orwood and went out on Isaac's sacked out Sanger along with Jason Callen, and Isaac's friend Allen. And all i can say is WOW!! it rained for a good part of the day, and they said the water conditions where the delta at its worst, which was still AMAZING conditions compared to what we are used to. This was only my second time riding behind a v drive, and the first time behind one that had more then 1000 lbs in it. so i was beyond pumped on that, and just everything kept adding on to it. Epic water conditions, awesome boat, and even better friends. My point of this thread, is if you havn't been to the delta, you should defiantly check it out. also, if your local riding spot isnt a block of ice, you should defiantly get out there! i feel i progress much more in the winter then any other time of the year, and i think everyone should take advantage of no power turners, jet skis, and best of all, no tubers!

Thanks again for the awesome day Isaac,
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

THIS YOUNG MAN IS DELIRIOUS.

I hear Lake Anderson, Don Pedro, etc are lovely in the summer time.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-12-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavlxenvy View Post
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

haha. thats great. yes, pedro is lovely, check out tulloch too!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-12-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavlxenvy View Post
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

Blahahaha!
Old     (bayliner69)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
i was on the delta today shredding myself, launched at the antioch launch ramp shredded it up for a few sets then headed to pitsburg marina for a few horns.i heard the area under the benicia bridge was butter today, im gonna shred that up tomorrow in my bayliner.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
wilbor, ive always wanted to ride there. some days it looks so glass. it would be so sick to ride right by my house.
Old     (bayliner69)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
wilbor, ive always wanted to ride there. some days it looks so glass. it would be so sick to ride right by my house.

I know! You just need to know the right time and tide. I have that place dialed
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-14-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
I hear the Antioch area gets really nice in the summertime; especially when its really hot and there is no wind.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-15-2010, 12:06 AM Reply   
Glad you had fun Dave! we had a blast despite the rain.. its funny how hanging with the right people can make the worst day out seem like the best haha
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-15-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
Watch out for HUGE sea lions. Spring winds will blow out the WHOLE Delta. Yes, Anderson, Pedro, Tulloch etc. are looking very attractive indeed. BTW in case you didn't get the memo, We have Railroad reserved every day through October.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-15-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Only been on the Delta once and I didn't even ride.....It's my Graceland! A boaters dream.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Glad you had a great experience! Those guys are rad and super fun to ride with

What was the water temp? Going out today and trying to decide if Im bringing a drysuit or spring suit?!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-15-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Water temps have been in the low to mid 50s. With the air temps the way they are I would suggest just trunks.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
Water temps have been in the low to mid 50s. With the air temps the way they are I would suggest just trunks.
Trunks Ahahaha im still rolling the dry suit, so nice and warm inside
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-15-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
so is anyone going riding today? such nice water, i went out yesturday and the water got nice later around 5.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-15-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Just trunks eh Jason, you're one tough dude! We'll see about that. Lets ride soon! So stoked it's finally starting to warm up here
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
im not sure on the temp, and that day it was really cold out as well as raining, so i wore my drysuit and was quite happy in it. i wasnt even a little big cold. you could prolly get away with a spring suit since its warm this week. but i think you would still be a little chilly