Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-26-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
this board rocks...anybody else have or rode one? if so what tricks can you do on it?

thanks,
-Kim
Old    sueljo            08-30-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Hi Kim,
I just started riding the coex about 2 weeks ago. I was riding the broadcast before that. I love the coex. I can do 360s on both boards but I find them easier on the coex. I can also ride up the top of the wake and move the board back side so my back is to the boat. I wasn't doing that on the broadcast though.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-30-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
and all without a rope...boy do i have my work cut out for me. yes i think the coex is the better board for doing tricks :-). Thanks for the input.
-Kim

Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
ya i have ridden my friends coex for two days. before that i rode my landlock. i like the coex alot. i can land a 360 w/ the rope and almost without the rope.
Old    sueljo            08-31-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
Hi Kim,
Once you learn to ride well without a rope try getting off the platform without it to start and then also finish by riding back up on the platform. That way somedays you won't even need a rope.

Good luck.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
without the rope...my neighbor can get back on without the rope...i guess i should start trying this but isn't it dangerous with the motor and all?
Old    sueljo            08-31-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hi Kim,
Yes without the rope. I think it is more dangerous with the rope as you will need both hands to set your set up to exit and re-enter the platform. It is easier to get back on the platform (re-enter) then it is to start and get off the the platform and start surfing. It you have an inboard and full swim platform on the back there should be no danger with the motor.

Try riding up on to the platform next time out. Just lean forward toward the boat and once the tip of the board is on the platform place your rear foot on the platform and grab the board with one hand and the boat or handle whatever you have on the back of your boat to hold onto with the other hand. Then just pick up your front foot off the board and place it on the platform.

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-07-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
ok...thanks...i'll try that :-).
-Kim
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
.. so how do u start without the rope?
Old    surfdad            09-08-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
Travis I've seen folks do this in a few ways, the most dramatic was standing on the swim deck with the board in their hand and facing backwards. They jump and do a 180 while placing the board underneath them and land in the pocket.

My REAL reason for posting is that effective May 1, 2005 it's illegal in California to be on the swimdeck of a moving/running boat. All you wakesurfers, please let's not get the reputation like idio...eeerrr, I mean PWC drivers. :-)
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-08-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
oh. i think id prefer the rope though. :-)

man..pwc drivers are DUMB. well,not all of them i guess- but the ones ive seen doing donuts between the loading docks in the no wake zone at elsinore are.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
jet skis can be fun but my first time out on a friends i was just trying to get the balance thing down and standing up, not really know about the wake zone limit, and i got misdemeanor for going 12 in an 8mph. i wasn't acting all crazy and there wasn't a speedometer on the ski but i had to go to court with wife beaters and such for a 6 months probation of not to speed again...luckily it was October :-).
-Kim