Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    thejinn            08-19-2005, 2:20 AM Reply   
Hi all
First post, be kind please.
I've searched the forum and as far as I can tell, most people suggest that there are no differences between the 04 and 05 Substance, except maybe the 05 has longer screw inserts (and obviously the graphics).
Is that right? Can anyone say that they can feel a difference in the way the 04 and 05 rides?
I could get my hands on a cheap 2004 134, coming from a 2001 135 Premier (yeah, it's old and heavy but love the way it rides), which i understand has less pop than the Substance, wondering if there's any point in paying more for an 05.
Cheers
Old     (bmfb)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
there is no difference in the ride between 04 and 05. the advantage for the 05 would be any possible warranty.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-19-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
and the ever popular GRAPHICS that everyone seems to get all excited about every year!

What is it with people and always having the latest graphics for boards and boats!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-19-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
no change in shaoe from 04 to 06 and if you liked your old premier I'd say you will love the substance... I love mine
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-20-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
Yep, get the '04 Col. I think you'll love it. Most everyone who get a chance to ride it seems to like the Substance. No real differences, except for the graphics.
Old    thejinn            08-21-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies, guess the 04 it is

Cheers