Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    kx250frider617            06-21-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
Ill be riding behind a 2007-2008 F23 this next week and I have a few questions about the wake etc? What rope length is best and what speed? Does the boat come factory with perfect pass or equivalent? How much weight is the ballast?

Basically, its a friends boat and I don't want to even ask to bring my Ballast bags or anything. They barely even wakeboard so they don;t even have a clue on how to set the boat up. I also, don't even think they have ever used the ballast.

What's the best setup for this boat? I think I read some where that the factory ballast is too much weight without any bow bags?
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-21-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
You will be just fine with stock ballast. Those things throw a very nice stock wake. I ride relatively short line, but it cleaned up fine with full ballast at 21.5. Put a couple people in the nose would be my only suggestion
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-21-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
When I run behind the F23 I run at 21 with 1/4 tank on each...your running 2000 lbs+ on that boat... Even without ballast the things throws a MEANNNNN wake!..

The only suggestion I would make is add at least 300-400 lbs up front. It really helps the wake shape!

If you fill the ballast...GOOD FRIGGEN LUCK not getting whiplash hitting the wake lol..
Old    kx250frider617            06-22-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
I guess I should have mentioned my own boat set up also haha. I run a 2001 tige 21v. with only 1700 pounds of ballast but at 24mph and 75 feet. Any slower and its all white wash. Will the wake still keep most of its size at 23/24 mph?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-22-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
It should... The tomcat guys with 21'ers run full ballast and a sac in the bow... Should be a similar setup in the bigger boat... Hear the 23TWB doesn't need a bow sac vs the 21 hull since the 23 has more weight up front naturally. Don't know if its the same in the TC series...