Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
any advice on where to put these. I was hoping they would have it marked out a little better. It seems like there lots of options such as how high or low and how far back as well as angle. They are not the easiest thing to put in either. Love my new bindings by the way.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-28-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
I have had a couple of pairs of Ones. I'm sure that the Cells are constructed the same way. What I did was remove the 2 screws in the bottom of the boot and remove the liner. This will give you access to place the J-bars in the correct location. You may have to insert and remove the liner a couple of times to get the fit right. Get the in so that you don't have any heal lift and you are all set.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
I wouldn't remove the liners... Just reach down and fit them in between the liner and shell, velcro side latches onto the liner I think if I remember... I only put them on after they are broken in and I feel I need more ankle hold and support
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-29-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
The JBars drove me nuts with the Ronix boots. I love their stuff the look but switched to LF boots because of it. Good luck though most people go crazy over the Ronix boots.
Old     (Kerry)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-29-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
I think the velcro is supposed to attach to the shell not the liner... I actually had 3 of mine attached to the shell and realized one was attached to the liner the other day. Not sure it completely matters. Thesr is velcro on the the inside of the shell though so they should fit that way.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Im pretty sure they attach to the liner. They dont really stick to the shell. The shell looks like it has to spots where you should put them but they dont stick well and thats what lead to my questions. Those marks i believe are just under stitching. When i flipped them over they stuck right to the liner but there was no markings of where to put them and it seemed like it was hard to get them just right. It was also a pain to adjust them.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-30-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
They attach to the shell. If you reach down far enough there is Velcro in there that is the shape of the J Bar for you to attach it to. It's kind of a pain when the boots are new and not broken in but not too bad.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Are u sure? I tried to attach them to those and they would barely stick and would actually move when i put my foot in. When i turned them around they suck much better to the liner
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-30-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure. They are the exact shape of the J Bar. If they are not supposed to go there, I don't know why they would go through the effort. I have 2 pair of 2012 One's and had a pair of 2011 Relik's and never had a problem with them not staying.

If I remember correctly, the J Bar and the section in the boot where they attach are both the 'hook' side of velcro. They don't really grab each other, but rather stick together with pressure. Once you get them down there, just apply some pressure and they will stay, especially once you put your foot in the boot.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
ill try it again and let u know. It seemed when they were there they could be pushed down by the force of your foot going in the boot, but when turned around they stuck like velcroe