Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
Picked up one of their speaker/light combo's about a month ago... I'm running it through a Nakamichi 4 channel amp. While I was at the lake I heard a loud pop, looked up an saw what appeared to be confetti coming out of one of the speakers... it blew.

Called Kieth at Loud Liquid, told him the story.. he tells me to send it back and he'll replace it. That was 3 weeks ago!! Being the lazy guy that I am, I haven't even taken it out of the box(on my tower) to send it back...
I got an e-mail this morning from Kieth who got my e-mail from my dealer.Talk about follow-up. He wants to know why I haven't sent his speaker back.. I explained that I've been too lazy to do it. He laughs, asks for my address and told me he's going to send me the replacement anyway... when I get it I'm supoosed to send the blown one back.

People take hours to complain when they receive poor service... I'm taking a couple of moments to pat these guys on the back.. awesome product.. awesome service.
I can't believe he called my dealer to get into contact with me...heh.

B-
Old    whitechocolate            05-28-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
Wow that's pretty cool. Company's with that type of business practice's either "Make it big" or Die Early. Im glad they hooked you up. You sound like a honest guy and will send back the blowen up one, But companys can't stay in business doing thing's like that most people aren't as honest as you and would take advantage. Small company's like Loud Liquid can't afford to be giving things away, I have heard Nice things about Loud Liquid before they must be good People. To bad Im not intrested in any thing they sell or I would like to throw them some Business.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2003, 7:49 PM Reply   
Grant..I agree! and, I wouldn't take advantage of anyone like that.. I would send it back. Matter of fact, I would have sent it back as soon as I kill this lazy streak of mine, it's been going on for 35 years now..
I told him he didn't have to do it and it was my responsibilty to get it back to him first, he insisted and said he wanted to take care of me.
assuming I was dis-honest, how could I take advantage of a person who extends themselves that far, ya know?

Anyway,
just wanted to give these guys some props. I hope they "make it big"

B-
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-28-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
That is fantastic customer service. To get your speakers running even faster you should of just opened the speakers up and replaced the capacitor that blew. Would of cost you about 80 cents, but you would of had speakers much sooner.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2003, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hi Barry, did you get to take those measurements for the towerbox for me? Ta
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2003, 10:15 PM Reply   
Darren.. uhhhh.. what?

How is that transaction of yours coming along anyway?

B-
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2003, 11:32 PM Reply   
I sent you an email, I'll resend it. Yup, deposit is paid, just waiting for production and shipping. Should find out etd next week
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
Niiiiiice... I'm excited for you! you'll love the boat, Darren.

B-
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
Would you mind measuring the space between the bimini & the tower (height & width)? I want to design & make a tower box to kill some time before the boat arrives. I found lots of good pics of new sangers on the gowakin site. There's a blue and white one like yours that looks sweet. Thanks very much.

Oh here's the proposed equipment list for the stereo:

Pioneer TS-A6980R 6" x 9" 4-Way Speakers (Pair) x2
Pioneer TS-W105C 10" Premier Subwoofer x2
Pioneer TS-W125C 12" Premier Subwoofer x1
Pioneer TS-A1680R 6.5" 4-Way 220 Watt Speakers (Pair) x1
Crunch V-4300 x1
Crunch V-4200 x1
Alpine CDA-9807 XM Ready CD/MP3/WMA Receiver x1

Total cost is $890 from Etronics. Seems like damn good value to me, a similar system here would be at least US2k.

I'm going to have a pair of 6x9 + a pair of the 6.5's in the tower box facing the rider + a pair of 6x9's in the bottom of the box firing down into the boat. A 12" at the drivers feet and a ten either side of the motor in the lockers. I'll build the sub boxes to fit in the spaces. Will the 10's take up too much room in the rear lockers? Mounting the 6x9's firing down into the boat is a brain storm that came to me in the middle of the night (like you do when your obsessing about something) I think it's going to workout well, the subs should fill the boat out nicely with the highs coming down directly from above. I can always add some more speakers into the boat later if needed. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Ta
Old    amixman            05-29-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
HERES MY SETUP SOUNDS GOOD BUT STILL NEEDS TUNING.
CUSTOM RACK AND LIGHT MOUNTS

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
ummmm.. wow?!

B-
Old    justme            06-13-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Are you guys wakeboarding or holding concerts?
Old    simba            06-14-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
I just ordered loud liquid last week, I cant wait to get them, Im putting a kicker 800 watt amp to them lol
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-14-2003, 8:54 PM Reply   
how much is the loud liquid setup? I tried to check out the review on wakeboarder.com they link to from the loudliquid site but the link seems to be incorrect...
Old    gobeta            06-30-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
I've got just the dual 6x9 speaker set up from loud liquid. But I do have to agree that they have great customer service.