Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-01-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
Wakekiteing vs. Wakeboarding pros and cons of both.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-01-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
wake kite limits your tricks, and is a pain to get up on because all the lines get tangled and the kite flips over, and a single gust of wind can throw you off. plus 1500 dollars is a little steep. Pro's on the kite are the air you get when you get up and butter soft landings. It's totally different riding with a kite as opposed to regular riding.

There are con's to wakeboarding??

Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-01-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
yea i kite costs $1500, but a boat costs at least 20k.........plus gas. No inverts with kiting, but you can really cork yourself out on spins. I love doin both, but ive only snowkited.....
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-01-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
The wakekite was being sold for about 1100 at the utah boat show. Deffinately cheaper way of getting air than buying a Master Craft or something. Some after market towers cost about the same. You can even use it behind a PWC and get up to 8-10 feet of air... ON A PWC! But i am quoting others on this and estimating from videos i have seen. I have not ridden one yet, but really want to.

Tricks are limmited to the current model, but i see this changing in a couple of years. I mean, it would not be too hard to put some kind of rotator cup design on the handle so you could spin to your hearts content without tangling any lines. for example: just think about the handle bars of a bmx bike. you can spin that baby all day without tangling the brake lines
Old     (doubleupsidedown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-06-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
To me it seem like not an Either/Or situation, but just something else to add to your bag of toys on the water. Like for me, I prefer Wakeboarding but keep a skate on board, for those late in the day rides when you just want something to mix it up a bit
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-06-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
the wakekite looks lame... Just my opinion.

KiteBoarding is fun! Great alternative to wakeboarding on the windy days.

I agree... There are con's to wakeboarding...
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
The wakekite is a ton of fun but it can't really be compared to wakeboarding, they are totally different.
I look at it as another toy to mix it up like surfing or barefooting. With the wakekite you can get HUGE air with super soft landings but no inverts, not as much style,tech, etc.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-23-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
thaNKS ALOT FOR THE RESPONSES
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-24-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
wakekite... gay

wakeboarding... not gay