Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried these? I like them but I want to know before I get them how far up your thigh these go? Only as far as the minx? (lower than guys bindings) Or do they go a bit more? I prefer the higher ones, I bought a pair of minx this year but ended up going back to my transits because of that.

If anyone can help me with this I really appreciate it, I have nowhere to demo or even see these in person.
Thanks
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-07-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
They're super comfy, go pretty high up your calf. Feel like the girl version of the watson's. I was surprised that they laced up so high, most of the girl bindings don't do that.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thanks!! Thats what I wanted to hear... would you say they go higher than the minx?
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
i have some that i will sell for a good price if anyone is interested there brand new.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
4reel, can you tell me if they go higher than the minx? How much you selling them for?
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-07-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
I thought u were selling those new ones to me 4reel?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-07-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
I got mine the other day, and I wasn't as happy as I'd hoped, but not sure if I just got the wrong size?!
They fit really well across my feet, and around my leg, but I get a heap of heel lift... Anyone else get the same thing? I had the same trouble in my transits, but I thought these might fit better because they're a ladies cut.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
Which size transits did you wear and which size melissa did you get? Maybe you're not tightening them enough? Are they big overall or just around the heel??

Can you tell me if they go as high up the calf as your transits? or are they lower?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-10-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
i had medium transits and i got 7-9 melissas (i am size 8). they're only big around the heel. yes i did them up very tightly, but i found out that you don't need to do them up very tight... firm is good across the toes - tight will cause pain! firm is fine and your feet wont move. I'm not concerned about my foot or my leg - both feel very secure. it's just my heels. i get a fair bit of side to side movement and a bit of lift. if you can find a way to try these on before buying them I really think you should.
i expected heel movement in the transits because they were men's boots, but thought that since these were women's boots they'd have a narrower shape like my minx (which fit pretty well around my heel).
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-10-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
=/ I am the same size as you... I also have the Transits in medium. So Im guessing Ill have the same problem as you. That sucks, I really liked the look of those bindings and I want to get the Jett so the Limited Editions would have looked sweet with it. I dont think Ill get the chance to try before I buy, so I'll guess I'll get the new Transits cause I love mine but they're starting to die...

Thanks a lot for your help, if you find out a way to make them fit better let me know!
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
the are a wrap a bit higher not much but the top wrap is like a watson and transit mix. there the white ones and anyone that wants them email me at westcoastripper@hotmail.com