Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    moombaguy            08-12-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
can some of you please give me some insight? I'm new to boarding and just purchased my first boat. I purchased a rope that says it's for wakeboarding but it is the big nylon rope with a decent handle. I'm still trying to go wake to wake and I keep landing on top of the wake. Will I notice much of a difference if I buy the more expensive "true" wakeboard ropes? Also, Can you mix a large nylon rope and handle with the smaller wakeboard ropes? Or does that just defeat the purpose? Thanks for the help...
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-12-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
A good non stretch wakeboard specific line is well worth the investment. Stretchy ropes throw you off axis in the air. Don't mix a cheap nylon rope with a good rope.

-Steve

P.S. Best ropes in my opinion:
Inexpensive: Bullet lines
Best hands down: A-Line
Old    deltahoosier            08-12-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Yellow Jacket's are great. Do not knot up last a long time.

(Message edited by deltahoosier on August 12, 2006)
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-12-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Rope makes a big difference.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
You want a spectra line rope - the big thick ropes suck because they bungiee back and forth. The Spectra is the really small (diameter) rope that costs about $90 itself. Also, get one with the nylon coating. Makes a world of diff when the rope is sliding through your hands.

If you're just begining, using the handle you already have is fine. It's not going to stretch much at all. And for just starting, money spent on other things (bindings/boards/etc/gas) is better spent than buying a handle. Once you advance and you feel that the handle is limiting you, then it's time to buy a handle.

http://www.bulletskilines.com/ <- these guys carry the nylon coated spectra for like $59.. There site is down right now, hopefully it comes back up.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-13-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Mike, once you board with a good wakeboard rope, you will never be able to board with a crappy one again. Its like the handling difference between a chevy wagon and a porsche.
Old    moombaguy            08-13-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone for your insight! It looks like I will be buying a new rope soon.... :-)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Correction:

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/StoreFront