Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried either of these boards? I'm trying to step down to a less advanced board and am thinking of both of these. I actually think the Blur might be a similar ride to my Double Up, so I'm hesitant on it, but the Divine is listed as a "beginner" board so I'm hesitant on that too. I checked into demos but the demo program here in Denver has ended, so that's not an option. I can't imagine that I'll ever want to do inverts (too old for that sh*t! ok, maybe some day I'd try a front roll), but I definitely want something I'll be able to do w2w 180's with! Thanks!
Old     (momsmobius)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I just bought a Divine for the same reasons but I can't seem to get my stance right on it. I am REALLY old by wakeboarding standards (53) so that's probably 3/4s of the problem. I keep tweaking my back on it. If you decide to go with the Divine I'll sell it to you for $150 + shipping. Everyone I talked to suggested this board to me so I'm sure it's me that is the problem and not the board. Email me if you are interested. Good luck finding the right board.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-08-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Sheila - thanks for the offer, but I ended up going with the Blur. I think it'll be a better board for me. At least, I hope so! (the Divine is prettier though) And don't be so sure that you're the problem on your board ... my Double Up is an awesome board, but for some reason it's just not working for me as I'm trying to advance my riding. I honestly think it's just too much board for me. I'll let you know what I think of the Blur! As for your stance, at first I had a hard time with mine too, so sometimes I just made a point of randomly looking at how I was standing when I was waiting in line at the grocery store or whatever and then set up my bindings to match that. The first couple times it was awkward because I kept wanting to turn my right hip out more on my board, so there was pressure on my right foot (I ride goofy), but after going out 2-3 times, I got used to it and it's a perfect stance for me now. So maybe try that! And 53 is NOT old! p.s. Maybe check back with the shop you bought your board from and see if they'll take it back and give you a credit toward a different board; they might be able to use your Divine as a demo.
Old     (momsmobius)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-09-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
Hey thanks for the suggestions. Thought it was time to try something new and improved.I've been riding Blindside Flowers since they came out with them and have tried several others over the years but still love the BS. I guess I'll go back to my old stand by for now or maybe try the newer model. I have been riding since the "Skurfer" days and just don't improve much year to year (i.e still can't clear the wake toeside most days...sad, very sad) but still get out there from April till the end of Nov. I just love this sport!!! Good luck with the Blur and let me know how you like it.
Keep riding..."a body in motion stays in motion"
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
fyi, just can't seem to get used to the hyperlite blur, but i rode a lf substance 138 and fell in love with it~ so my board is going back and i'm gonna get the substance. i'm in love!!