Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-15-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
After demoing an 05 X-2, i noticed that at wakesurfing speeds with the stock ballast filled, the wake only cleanly curled over on the right side (looking back from the boat). I know this has to do with the prop rotation, but can the left side of the wake be surfable??
Thanks
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-17-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yes, see my post about the 99 X-Star for weighting it. I don't have a pic of the goofy wake, but 99.9% of the time, that is the side we surf.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Cary mary (kind of abraka dabra)

Kalamajka mik mik mik, ozenil se kominik
(...., chimney-sweeper get married)

Wow, what a lovely name, we got nursery rhyme for both of your names
I wish to have so colourful name like this.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-23-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
the biggest wave I ever surfed was an 04 x2 on the drivers side, if that helps.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-24-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
Mike, do you know at least roughly how much weight he was running in that X-2?
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-28-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
I own an 02 xtar(x2) and I can only get the passenger side really big but I assure you I can get it really big

Stock ballast plus a 800lb bag in the back port locker and ~300 lead in the bow. I assure you that you will not be disappointed
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-12-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
just road with tim & jesi day for the first time....their surfwake off their x-2 is awesome !!!!

very, very clean and huge !!

i dont remember the details but around 10 bags of lead, factory ballast, and a couple ballast fat sacs at 10.2 mph...
Old    jesiday            06-13-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Okay, here is how we weight our boat for surfing. It is absolutely incredible!
The following is for a regular wake. We only set it up once for goofy, but I'm pretty sure it was the same idea:

Port Stock tank
Two Fly High Fat Sacks stacked on top of each other in port copartment. 10 bags of lead...some stacked on top of hard tank. The rest was put just forward of the fat sack underneath that little corner cushion. Two bags of lead up front, plus the belly 2/3 to full. We ride somewhere between 10.7 and 10.5.

Hope that helps!
jesi
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-14-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
Jesi, that sure seems like a lot of weight in the corner without much up front. I've noticed that when I ride like that, it VERY big, but not very long and we can only go back about 5 feet or so. When we put a few people up front (and fill the ski locker sack) it's not as big, but we're able to go back 10-15 feet. Do you find the same?
Old    jesiday            06-14-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
We usually don't have a lot of people on our boat for surfing...not very many people surf in our area. I think the most we've had in the boat with someone on the water is three. As of yet, we have not put more weight in the front.

I don't have the greatest depth perception, but I think that with our boat weighted the way we do, I can get back about 10-12 feet. Maybe not the whole 15. I'm going to look into that, though. I could definitely be interesting. Thanks.

jesi
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-14-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
ok cool... yeah, usually when we ride (04 X2) i fill the 750lb sack in the locker, fill the center sack, move about 200lbs of lead to whatever side we're surfing, and leave about 500lbs of lead in the bow. It's beautiful.