Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
had an issue this weekend when I would put my 24v in neutral from time to time the engine would idle at 1280, sometimes it would slowly come back down to 890 but a few times I had to turn off the engine and restart to get the idle to reset. I was able to get the idle to come down by engaging it into gear but dont like to do that to the tranny. Anyone experienced this? I recently installed Stargazer, but perfect pass says its not related to their system. I also put on a small prop as an experiment 13.17 x 17 could that have anything to do with it?
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-25-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Check the linkage. You need to back off the nut on the end of the throttle linkage until it pushes the throttle all the way closed. Then tighten the jam nut, to lock it in place.

I'll bet that theres some free play.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention its drive by wire.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-25-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Ok, forget all that stuff then. I don't know anything about it, but is there any kind of linkage? Because that sounds exactly like the problem I had a while ago.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
I found maybe 1/16" of play, maybe less. I bet that is the issue i would assume there should be no play. I will lube up the spring as well that woudl explain the slow movment back to a low idle sometimes.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-25-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
my 22ssv is doing the same thing......i work at a sell supras so when my tech gives me an answer tommorow from indmar i will post it on here....
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
that would be great, I hate to take it in if it is a simple fix. My dealer is so backed up I would rather fix it myself and let someone else get service that really needs it.
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
David, I sent you a document describing the fix. It is a fairly simple fix.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Kevin, Got it thanks, very simple I will take care of it tonight!
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
I have a similar issue with my '07 Malibu.. I posted a while back and got no responses... When it happens if I am idling forward, I can bump the throttle a little more forward and return it back and if will settle back down, or if I am in neutral, I can pull the button and rev the engine a second and it will settle down.... Can you post the fix for the Supra, or send it to me in an email so that I can check and see if it works on mine too (I am throttle by wire as well)
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Billy, I have sent the info to you but I don't think it applies to your boat (I could be wrong). In 2006 the Supra's had a cable running from the shifter to engine compartment and in the engine compartment they had a throttlemate to convert the mechanical input from the shifter/throttle to an electronic signal going to the engine. The problem was in the throttlemate. I believe in 2007 they switched to a full throttle by wire system and eliminated the throttlemate.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-26-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
throttle postion sensor?
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-26-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
it will be the same in the malibu, both had the same motors, my tech hasnt talked to indmar yet so i dont know the answer.....
Old     (Magg992001)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-02-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Sorry to bring up such an old Thread but I seem to be experiencing this problem on my '06 Supra 21V.
Can someone advise this info Kevin has given out on a fix?