Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-01-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
I had a work trip last week, which brought me out of NYC for a few days to good old Dallas. Needless to say, with the free time I had, I made it a priority to get over to Hydrous.

I just wanted to say how impressed I was by the entire operation-from the set up and obvious park itself, but also the crew running the whole show (Jade, Lana, and the many others). There was such a welcoming feel, and everyone really was working to make it the huge success it's going to be.

Huge thanks for the two days of riding, and definitely swing by if you're in the area. I know I'm hoping work brings me there again soon. But...not before my hands heal from some of the gnarliest blisters I now have.
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       10-01-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
yo dude, i think i met you there on thursday...you work with the dawson agency right? im the bigger dude you were talking to about getting boosted off the kickers and how to setup when hitting rails.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-02-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
Yeah, appreciated the help! Having been purely a boat rider...since basically the sport began, I was amazed by how much of a goon I felt like out there. I have always appreciated cable riding having watched it develope, but now I've spent adequate time on one I am that much more impressed by it and the role it will play in our sport.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
I've ridden every full size park in the U.S. other than Rixen, and Hydrous blows them all away. Def a place everyone needs to check out, and it's only advancing.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
im definitely goin to make a trip out there soon. some of there structures look awesome, but i really just wanna tear up that QP. I deffinitely miss Jade and Lana being down in the austin / san marcus area though, they are the bomb
Old     (ltylee)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-27-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
My friend and I drove Over 6 hours to Hydrous from Tennessee and weren't disappointed. We've been to Cable parks from Fl. to southern Tx. and had the best experience at Hydrous. We were there before they opened and they started the main cable early for us. Jade at Hydrous truely gave us the pro treatment and the atmoshere was awesome. As far as the park setup it has something for you. I saw riders from every skill level hitting all the obstacles. I wish we had something like that closer to home but it was def worth the drive and we will be going back. Thanks to Jade, Lana and the rest of the crew for showing some amature Tennessee boys how a cable park should be run. The bar has been raised in my opinion.