Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
I've got bilge pump problems and bilge water issues. I also think, for the most part, I have a handle on the problems.

I have a front and rear bilge pump. The first image below is the front pump (I think ... as for the perspective, I'm holding a phone deep in the ski locker and the view is looking aft). The second image is the replacement listed on nautiqueparts.com.

My problems are these. Neither pump is working. When I switch them ON, there is a humm sound from the rear, but nothing in the front (which is just underneath my feet at the helm). Perhaps the rear is jammed, but the front is dead.

1 - what's a good way to access the rear bilge pump? I'm sure it will take removing the partition wall between the engine compartment and sidewall. Do I have to take out a ballast tank?

I have searched this site and have not found pics of the location of the rear bilge pump. I'm sure I saw it when I did this.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...21/693846.html

2 - anybody use a dispersant in their bigle. My bilge water seems to have gelatinous mats of something, about the size of a quarter to half-dollar, and are fairly near neutral bouyancy, although sink when the boat is at rest long enough.
Attached Images

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
I meant to also say, in the link to earlier WW thread, the 4th image down in the one which shows the most of my engine compartment when I had a ballast tank removed.
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-03-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
What year/ model boat do you have? On my boat I have a auto and manual bilge switch. My manual activated my rear pump and my auto actives my front but it's automatic off of a float switch in the bilge.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-04-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
2006 Sv211.

I never knew about that automatic function until reading up this week. As far as I can recall, when I push the bilge button on the dash, only the rear pump ever pumped ... since I've owned my boat. I have never (and I'm the original owner) seen water discharging from the front bilge port.

I have an AUTO function (I think). If I do, I know of no button on the dash which would enable it. Instead, my guess would be that it is enabled by a 3-position toggle switch under the dash. I have never switched that toggle to the AUTO.