Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (aerain)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-24-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Has anyone had problems with their Moomba getting the thermal cracks in the gel coat covered under warranty? We have an '07 LSV and noticed cracks at the beginning of last season and have had the boat in at service since Oct'08 and they said they are still waiting for warranty to get back to them... 5 months??? seriously??
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-24-2009, 9:23 PM Reply   
OK i give, what's a thermal crack? I've heard and seen stress cracks but this ones new.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-25-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
You live in Canada...you guys cant' ride for a least a few more months. IF you want it back , pay to have it get fixed then get reiumbursed.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
I work at a dealer (not Moomba) but I have to call shenanigans on that. Stress cracks are not a piece that needs to be fabbed together its a straight forward repair at the dealer, provided your dealer has an onsite gel tech. Find out if they actually do the work or sub it out, all your dealer needs to get started is a warranty authorization.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
i don't know what thermal cracks are, but i did have some gel coat cracks when i had my 05 supra. dropped it off at the dealer in november and didn't get it back till march. warranty was not the delay it was a back up of other boats having work before mine.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-25-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Never heard of thermal cracks either. Did you mean stress cracks in the gel coat?

I can't fathom having to leave my boat at the dealer for 5 months. No way I could do that. I've never had to leave my boat even overnight for service. Granted, I haven't ever needed any major repairs or work done to my Nautiques.

God Bless my local tech is all I can say.
Old     (aerain)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-25-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
I am not saying that they are slacking, I am just wondering if maybe its the warranty from Moomba that is slacking? No, I don't need my boat for another couple months, but, seriously? 5 months, going on 6? Seems excessive to me. I guess Thermal cracks and stress cracks sound the same to me. Its just what some people here call them. And our boat has been sitting outside without the winter cover on it (too late now to put it on) since October. We could have had it stored in our garage! BUT... I am mostly curious if there are others out there that are having the same issue with moomba warranties?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-25-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Where are these cracks btw? And seriously ... you're saying it's been outside uncovered in the Canadian winter? Snow, Ice , etc? Sounds like you might have bigger issues if that's the case? Just saying ...
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Wet/frozen or not, put the cover on it already!!! And contact Skiers Choice directly.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
Not to sound too harsh, but I think you're looking to shift some blame for your boat sitting outside all winter. Why wouldn't you take it the dealer for them to look at and bring it home, or email them pictures while they get the warranty authorization and keep it in your garage until they are ready to work on it?

I have never heard of Skier's Choice taking 5 to 6 months to provide a warranty authorization on something simple like that and I've been around a bit.

I am sorry, but your dealer appears to be slacking here.

Perhaps you should contact Skier's Choice directly to get the other side of the story.

Good Luck
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-26-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Agreed. Dealer issue most likely. Call SC.
Old     (aerain)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-26-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Hi all! Just to clarify, its has been at the dealer service department since October. Yes, sitting outside. I got an email yesterday (seriously, yesterday) from Skier's Choice saying that I know its weird, but your warranty came across my desk this morning... its been approved etc. Funny how, a day after I post this discussion, it gets approved?! Just saying.

I have to agree, I do think it was a dealer issue as I have had nothing but on-going issues with them all about different things but this one definately took the cake. My husband called them each week asking, has it been approved etc and they always said the same thing, we haven't heard anything. At least I know it is now being dealt with and in the email the guy told me to contact him directly if I have any other issues.

Believe me, he will be who I talk to from now on, if I do have any other problems.

Also, thermal cracks are basically the same as pressure cracks, just different wording. Its not normally stored out doors, just this year while it was at the service department. (mind you,the storage is free while its there not finished :-)!!)

I am definately not out to blame anyone. I did choose to leave it there, however, under the ideal that it was only going to be there a month, not 5. I just wish they would have had better courtesy to call us and give us a status, rather than us call them all the time.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
The dealer has had your boat sitting outside, all winter, uncovered?? I would be furious!!
Old     (aerain)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-28-2009, 12:35 AM Reply   
uh ya... its a good thing that this has honestly been a mild (not much snow) winter!