Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-18-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Just picked up a boat with a heater and never had a heater before. The water circulates through heater core at all times, correct? So if running antifreeze through engine, heater will be winterized too? ('08 raw water cooled Indmar MCX.)

Gracias.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-18-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yes but you want to get about 1500 RPM for 10 seconds or so to make sure. It takes a bit of pressure to circulate through the extra plumbing.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-18-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
It should but I would drain it first and then how ever much antifreeze reaches the core will be undiluted. If little or none gets there, then no fear of freezing anyway.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-19-2007, 3:16 AM Reply   
Thx guys. That is very helpful.
Old     (wakefarmer)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-19-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I just disconnect the hose and blow the line out with a air hose to make sure.
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-19-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
don't count on it, I ran 5 gallons through my engine. spring came and i had a nice suprise.4 breaks in my core. disconnect and blow air through it after your done.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-21-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
I agree with TigeMike and Steve. Drain that core first so you do not have to worry. The engine can suck up 5 gallons fast and the hoses to the heater core are very long and may not see all of the antifreeze.