Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    junglesmacks            03-28-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
..now that we have hopefully all gotten some riding time in.. How is the feedback from this board??

I'm currently drooling over the Transcend Platinum 143 with some Zeus bindings.. but.. $800 on a new setup makes me pucker!

Is this board living up to its billing?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have ridden all of the 06 CWB stuff. Most of the new CWB boards could be enjoyed by anyone, but honestly, the Transcend is one you might want to try before you buy. I personally liked it, but some don't because of it's slower speed and big rocker line.

What are you riding now? Have you considered the Absolute?
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       03-28-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod. I rode Most of the 06 Stuff last weekend and was not that impressed with the Transcend, however my friend loved it. I would definitely demo it befor you buy it.
Old     (tupper78)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have been riding CWB products for 3 years now, starting with the Zane Absolute and have tried the Marius and the Transcend, I ride pretty aggresivly and found that the Transcend is the perfect board for me. the Marius is more for floaty tricks and the Absolute for learning new stuff. I rode the transcend last year and I have seen a drastlic improvment in speed. The new platinum is sick and you should definatly get on it/
Old     (wawakeboarder5)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-28-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
what it be a good board for a second year rider
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
I wouldn't think so. I agree with Kaben and J-Rod. I though it was a decent board, but not for everyone. I'd check out the Absolute. It's a sick ride and very versatile.
Old    junglesmacks            03-28-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Don't laugh but I'm actually riding a 2000 Byerly 142..

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard2.asp?boardid=450

with '04 Temet bindings.. honestly it's a good board.. I'm just more than curious how different a current technology board feels now that I've progressed..

(Message edited by junglesmacks on March 28, 2006)

(Message edited by junglesmacks on March 28, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
The Transcend is very different. Both have big rockers, but the Transcend relies on two outer bolt-on fins (no center) where the Byerly is tracking on long, deep molded fins.

If you are used to your Byerly and like it, try the new Absolute.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
As is said a million times on this website, try before you buy.
I used to ride a Transcend and it was my favourate CWB shape for the boat and I had flames for sliders and cable. (Then I switched to a HL state and fell in love)
If I were you comming from the old byerly shape (Which was the best after the finless, IMO) out of the CWB lineup I would lean more towards the absolute.
Now here's the thing, if I were you I would take some time and go crazy on demoing boards from all the brands, alot has changed in 6 years.

(Message edited by kristian on March 28, 2006)
Old    junglesmacks            03-28-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
You know what's crazy is that if you look at those two boards side by side.. they don't look very different! The Byerly seems to have a deeper channel.. Both have cupped side rails and basically the same shape.

One thing I don't like that I noticed the other day.. the quick cut to the tail and the overall width. It seems like I'd like a little more width for those tail first landings.. Being as that I honestly have never ridden another board, I can't say that I know from first hand experience.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
Alot of boards look similar but its all in the details. Those details can make a world of differance.
The old byerly's hooked rails are far greater than the transends. Actually the transends cupped rail is more of a channel and doesn't really act like a cupped rail. I cant stand cupped rails!
They both have hefty rocker, but the byerly has a longer flat spot where as the transend has a more blended thing going on and about another half inch of rocker, this ends up with it being alot slower than the byerly. Not nessisarily a bad thing just a preferance.
Older boards had a tendancy of having much less surface area, I honestly like alot of surface area and more people should ride bigger boards, IMO.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-28-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
I have never ridden a Byerly, but I have ridden Absolutes and Transcends. I would lean towards the Absolute because it seems to do everything well and in my opinion it is an easy board to ride. The Transcend has a ton of pop and I had a hard time getting any distance out of wake jumps with it because I kept getting sent straight up and the 2005 version is fairly slow. I know that the 2006 Transcend is supposed to be faster with the same pop. The weird thing is two guys I ride with have Transcends and love them, but both of them stuck their first 3's, backrolls and Tantrums on my Absolute.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-28-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
The Trancend and the Absolutes are great boards and I have riddin both and I like the 06 Trancend better, but love the Absolute as well. Just get one of each and you cant go wrong!!
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
Maybe a little hijack, but I´ve been riding the Marius 140 for half a year and I liked it. Have been riding the transcend 142 before an tried it again this weekend.
And I'm diggin the transcend again. Even more than the marius.

"Hijack modus off"
Old    alanp            03-29-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
is the transcend a new shape for this year? i rode last years and couldnt stand it. WAY to slow for me and the pop was average.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Alan they but a new speed base bottom on the board that fixed the being slow part! Big difference over the 05 IMO, and you can buy an 06 with the Platnium core.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-29-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
2006 Transcend platinum is a great board--I highly recomend it--I rode the Absolute platinum last year, Transcend this year. good luck --have fun!!