Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-18-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
i've been running in a private lake feed by well water for a few months now, and the water spots are collecting up.

what is the best product to remove the spots, and what wax would be best to keep them from coming back (assuming i wipe her down every day).
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Use the third one down.... wear your gloves.... this stuff is strong, but it works.... #600 Hard Water Spot Remover http://www.automagic.com/solvents.htm
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-18-2012, 3:49 PM Reply   
Diggs, where to buy in the Portland area?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
If you want to try something a little less agressive at first try Hot Sauce

http://boatbling.net/products.php

Theres a little video showing the product in action. A lot of guys on here really like it.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-18-2012, 4:44 PM Reply   
I get crazy hard water spots on my truck. I use my own mix: 3 parts water, 1 part white vinegar and about 1/4 cup of regular Turtle wax. Put it into a spray bottle and shake well. Keep shaking every few squirts and wipe down with a microfiber cloth.

Works for me.

I also use Rainx Wax and don't have to wash nearly as often.
http://www.rainx.com/products/waxes/
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-18-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
i have tried all those products above.. and the one that works the best is www.performanceboatcandy.com
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
I've had pretty good results with 303 and a little bit of elbow grease.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Hey Derek
You have to have an account with Auto Magic I think. Mainly dealers and detail shops use it. I have a whole gallon. If you are ever in Tigard, I can tell you where I live off line and you can drop by and I can give you some. I have used it on some pretty nasty boats that have come from the auction and it works pretty good. Little elbow grease, but it will get it. Otherwise we are going to be boating on the Columbia around Government Island this weekend. If I remember and you are going to be up there, I can bring you some. Where do you boat?
Drop me a PM
Old     (KnoxVol)      Join Date: May 2012       07-18-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
Comet Bathroom Cleaner - spray bottle has always removed water spots really well for me. I like to go back over it with some Babe's Boat Bright or other spray wax if I'm in between actual wax jobs.
Old     (saskrider)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-18-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
+1 to performance boat candy, just tried it today and it worked awesome