Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-15-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Got my System's this weekend, and when I went to mount them to my Roam, I had to put them way....WAY out for them to even fit The reason is the wider hole pattern in the Roam makes the 6" holes not fit in the regular holes, you have to use the inner holes under the boot and use the 1st and 3rd holes meant for the outside for the binding, thus leading to my stance being a few inches wider than normal. The problem is, and I've never said this before....it's way too wide, to the point my knees feel at jeopardy. I've looked around for extender brackets or retrofit kits such as those Ronix and CWB offer, but have not been able to find anything. Any ideas on this? Are they coming, just not out yet?
I really like them, and they bolt up to my boat board just fine, but for winching and cable, where I really want to use them, I'm scared I'm going to lose a knee.

Thanks
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-15-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
Just buy the Ronix extenders. I just put them on my GF's 2011 Syn board with 2011 syn bindings so she can use the far outside holes and they work fine.

http://ronixstore.com/products/produ...31.0.0.0?pp=8&
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-15-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
I have a set of those from my cells, and the pattern is different.......I'm already looking to try and retrofit them if I can though, we'll see.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-16-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Well they have held up on my GF's Syn's for 4 outings now without slipping or anything. If you can't find anything better then you can make them work.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-18-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
Sounds good, thanks man!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
You use the Hyperlite Claw on the outside of the binding just like the extender.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
Really......I'll have to check that out, I called hype and they didn't have any suggestions - but keep them coming!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
If you are trying to put them out as far as you can, then you just use the Claws.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-20-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Simple solution. Open trash can lid, insert quickly into trash and close lid. Then mark it down in your journal as a lesson learned on wasteful spending.

I told you not to buy those things.

Just kidding.. good luck.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2011, 1:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Jon! I know I'm a glutton for punishment - but they were already on the way when you told me that! Hopefully the knee is gettin healed up quick, can't wait to shred with you again