Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-17-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
First time I have taken the boat out and when we got to the lake, I realized I forgot a tow rope. Oh well. Here are some pics
Cal Air Pro V
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-18-2005, 12:44 AM Reply   
Dan,
Good to see you finally let that baby have a drink. Don't you just hate it when you do something stupid like forget the rope? Nice boat by the way. Where did you take it out?
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       03-18-2005, 7:13 AM Reply   
Dan - next nice day during the week, give me a call and I may be able to meet you at Emigrant. The temps in the 80's are gone for a little while - breezy with rain for the next few days in the Rogue Valley. That's OK - we need the water.

cell - 301-5833.

Dave
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave, I will call you if it looks likt I want to go out again.
Old    1wakedad            03-18-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
I always keep an old rope in the ski locker....JUST in case I (oops)shred my good rope!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-19-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
I have always like the design of that boat... The tower and hull shape just look really fluid.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-19-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
Thanks Leo, this is my first boat and I really like the looks of it to. I get a lot of people telling me they love it but have never heard of a Calabria. Im surprised they don't market better then they do. These boats are really nice, I was impressed by the wake to, if only I had brought the rope
Old     (habcaw_creek)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
i really like how the boat is square like in the back,to bad i have an outboard.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
Dan I didn't know that you got your boat with only 17 hours. Man that thing is brand new!
Any problems with gettin the boat back on the trailer when you were were done?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-19-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Lol John, lets just say I was glad I was the only one on the lake. If it were busy I would have ended up in the feedle position sucking my thumb out of embarrasment he he he
Old     (rebel_ma)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-19-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
17 hours! you're killing me! where the heck were all these boats when we were looking? I know what you mean about the fetal position, I am still recovering from our first lake trip where my husband christened my lack of boat driving skills by fire.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-20-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Hey Dan there's a little write up on docking in the new wakeboarding magazine theres some little helpfull hints in there. I'm slowly gettin it. I'm usually the one backing the truck down the launch and my buddies so far have been the ones to put it on the trailer. In the summer it'll be my wife. Fetal position....thats some funny sh*t dude.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
Hey Dan - I drove down Springbrook yesterday and saw a boat sitting there with a tarp over it a few houses down from Delta Waters. I could see the checkers along the side. Is that yours? If so, it looks great.

If you need any pointers, let me know. I can't wait for it to warm up.
Old    260searay            03-20-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
I have found that being intoxicated helps considerably.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-20-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
Dave, yes that is mine. Jessica what do you mean by the fire statment? was there a fire in the boat or something? John, I was kidding, the docking went decent I guess, when my buddy pulled the boat onto the trailor it kind of went sideways but we got it hadled. I remember last year we went to Shasta and it was so frigging busy at the laucnh ramp, I was backing my Jet ski trailor down to pick up my jet skis but couldnt see the trailor as I was backing up, well people started beeping and making me sweat man. I think my wife pretended she didnt know who I was he he he
Old    clubjoeskier            03-20-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Good lookin' ride Daniel! I know you've been waiting to get her in the drink...I still tie mine off, but I get to say I have to do everything still.

I'm sure the intoxication part will come AFTER my first attempt!! By the way, Jessica, congrats on your ride too....

Old     (rebel_ma)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-20-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. No Dan, there wasn't a fire just a busy ramp, He thought it would be better for me to drive the boat than the trailer. Oh and did I mention it was my First Time EVER driving a boat...A New...Expensive boat. I just kept thinking, we're well insured! He was patient to the extreme. He never yelled but I put enough stress on myself that my son asked if I was gonna cry or throw up! He said I did well but I have my doubts. He said I'll get better with practice. I hope so I hate to end every awesome trip with Maalox!
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-22-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
the boat's lookin' good Dan! I was planning on going out this weekend, but awoke to fresh snow on the ground this morning. tengo guevos poquitos. maybe next week:-)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-22-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Rhett, Shasta the 13-17th are you in? We need people buddy. Houseboat sleeps 16 hot tub slide fireplace its nice.