Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-20-2012, 7:44 PM Reply   
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/nov/...e-simi-valley/

Are people really this freaking pathetic!?
One of these guys is out of work, has a daughter on break, has an ipad, and he "needs" a new tv? He already has an ipad (luxury) a laptop (luxury) and a daughter on fall break he isnt going to hang out with, because he "needs" a new tv!? People like this disgust me.

One more little item of interest i noticed today. There was a grocery store handing out free thanksgiving dinners today. As i left the store, i counted at least ten people in line playing on smartphones while waiting. There were at least 75-100 people in line.
I dont understand people anymore. It makes me sad.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-20-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
#obama
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-20-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
#hahaha
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-20-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
I've never understood any of this. How much money could you make in a fraction of the time wasted in line?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-21-2012, 3:45 AM Reply   
^I guess people don't see their time is worth anything.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-21-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
I went by best buy last nite to go buy a TV....ther was already a line of about 15 people camped out in tents...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
How is that all that different that working 60-80 hours a week climbing to the top and never spending time with your family? Isn't that pathetic too?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-21-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
^^^
not what most people would consider pathietic.

not working, mooching off the "system" while waiting in line for days for a tv, over speding time with family is pathetic.

it's hard to fault someone for working hard IMO. I respect that person more for making the difficult decision of trying to balance work and life.....
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-21-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
My mother in law was always up early to get all the deals. Then buy **** nobody needed. And put it on credit cards. At 19.8% interest. For years.
Guess who is flat ass broke and in need of bankruptcy. Yep. The big bargain shopper.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-21-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
"Dawson, who is between jobs, carefully planned for this event. He grew out his beard to shield himself from the temperatures, which were forecast for the low 60s."

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-21-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurtis_ttu View Post
^^^
not what most people would consider pathietic.

not working, mooching off the "system" while waiting in line for days for a tv, over speding time with family is pathetic.

it's hard to fault someone for working hard IMO. I respect that person more for making the difficult decision of trying to balance work and life.....
It doesn't say anything about him mooching off society. And who says that someone working many hours to advance a career is balancing work and life. Maybe they are ignoring their family solely because they want more money. This thread is an example of how people are quick to judge with no information.

None of you really have any idea how this man interacts with his family. He could be a dedicated father and husband. As opposed to someone who's spends all his hours at the office or entertaining business associates after hours. Yet the later is respected even though he isn't necessarily doing anything positive in the overall scheme of things.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-21-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
His daughter is on fall break from school, and he is choosing to spend that week camping out to buy a new tv that the family "needs". Sure john, he sounds like one dedicated father.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-21-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
I think a lot of the people like to do it for sport, adventure or so they can say they did it. I'm sure that most rational people realize that taking vacation time from work to save a few hundred bucks on a TV is of no real value. Hell these days Black Friday is every Friday up until Christmas.

Quote:
"Dawson, who is between jobs, carefully planned for this event. He grew out his beard to shield himself from the temperatures, which were forecast for the low 60s."

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
I love this...so damn funny. What does the low 60's feel like? Does your whole body just go numb from the cold?
Old    bigdtx            11-21-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
This has got to be fake.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-21-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
You all missed the best part of the story. The guy is wearing a Goonies Forever T-shirt!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
It doesn't say anything about him mooching off society. And who says that someone working many hours to advance a career is balancing work and life. Maybe they are ignoring their family solely because they want more money. This thread is an example of how people are quick to judge with no information.

None of you really have any idea how this man interacts with his family. He could be a dedicated father and husband. As opposed to someone who's spends all his hours at the office or entertaining business associates after hours. Yet the later is respected even though he isn't necessarily doing anything positive in the overall scheme of things.
Wow...this is your logic? Warning: The internet MIGHT be filled with stereotypes, judgements and partially true statements. I like to see that working 60 hours a week makes you a money grubbing deadbeat parent.