Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Here is the 06 X-2 at Ski World on delivery day

here it is finished and on new trailer

and in the water with full factory balast

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
Very nice Joe.

Any plans for a stereo yet? The NVS fill that tower nicely.

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-28-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
jrod, how much are those?
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-28-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
NIIIIIICCCCEE BOAT!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
I have been talking to Christopher Bishop @ Kustom Kar Audio in Santa Rosa . Im open I really do not know alot about systems , were talking about batterys a perko switch a alternator amps and a tower box so far . Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated . Joe
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-28-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Hey Joe- Is that rear storage big enough to fit a wakeboard (or two)?

Nice setup. You can really see the detail of the flames with the boat sitting on the trailer. It definately looks big for a 20 foot boat...
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Jrod By that tower set up is bad ass .
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
My only suggestion would be get a second opinion from someone that specializes in boats before you do anything. You need to select components that sustain quality sound at loud volumes. What really pounds in a car won't necessarily pound in a boat. A car audio shop did my first system and I was unhappy. Neptune Marine Audio in Stockton did a great job on my system. Grant with Sound Illusions has an awesome reputation also. Both do custom applications, lighting, video, etc.

Mike: They were 1800 I think
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Thank you for the info we have purchased the video equipment already I beleive the lense is a Hoytec? I have looked at it but once again dont know much about it . Would you go with a custom box or seperates ? A big concern for me is it has to work I dont want to messin with a system at the lake and for sure no charging issues . Joe

Oscar and Chris thanx and no you cant get a board in the rear but you can put alot of ballast batteries etc they are huge .
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
"Would you go with a custom box or seperates "

If you're talking tower speakers, it's really a matter of what you think looks better. I like cans over fiberglass boxes but it's just preference.

Check out the boat show in January at Pleasanton (Alameda Co. Fair Grounds). You can see EVERYTHING there. And consider letting Skiworld put your boat on display. It is definitely show qaulity. Great advertising for Skiworld, and the guy that did your trailer.

Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-28-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
Jrod yes I was refering to the tower I kinda like the cans better my self , im sure this is a generic question because of amps etc but what would be a good can type speaker set up and how many 4 or 6 ? also what is a good light set up .Thanx Joe
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
I dig it. Thats a sweet boat!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-28-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
Joe,I told you before but that thing is bad a$$.

IMO I think that if you are putting tower speakers they need to be loud enough for the rider to hear,if not you really shouldn't do anything.That said I think that J-Rod is right on with his posts.
Having such a quality boat,only the best should go on the tower and that's either the NVS or the defcons.Personally I think the NVS are MUCH better for the rider but that is prefferents.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-28-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
joe, Kustom Kar is the best around sonoma county. they did some work for me that is unbelievable.

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-28-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
Here are mine and SOOO happy with them (1010's)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-29-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
Cool work, as many might know I'm not a huge fan of flames but cheers for getting it just the way you like it & doing it right. "Go big or go home" has got nothing on you. I'm super impressed with your trailer, thats the second triple axle on dubs I've seen and it looks nice. So with wheels & triple did it double the traile price?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2005, 12:36 AM Reply   
WOW that is an awesome boat, the flames look awesome and so does that trailer. You sir are bling status. If skiworld want's to put your boat at the show Id definitley let them. Hope you enjoy it.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
Shawn I saw photos of your install and I was blown away ! nice rig . Big Ed - Jrod im liking what I see , those NVS look killer .Thanks again I was having a hard time with the tower box and will definatley check into the NVS speakers . Joe
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Joe, nice meeting you at Berryessa. I wish I would of known you were looking for a system, I could of shown you some of Grant and Clay's work. Regardless of where you decide to have the install done, I would consult with these guys. They know their boat audio. While I haven't dealt with teamneptunes, I've only heard and seen good things. As far as sound illusions, Clay is the man. He will make sure you get what you want for what you want to spend.

Here's their websites:

http://www.soundillusionsaudio.com/
http://www.teamneptunes.com
Old    mendo247            11-29-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
there is no comparison between the before and after shots joe.. it looked great before but man with those flames and sittin on that trailer its just unreal! youve done a great job and i cant wait to see what you do for a stereo.. congradulations..
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-29-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
shawn, do you have any where to sit or place ballast in that? SHEESH, dope set up man.

Bid Ed/JRod, those cans look sweet.....Id love to hear em from about 90 feet back!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
Mike you should see the install photos of Shawns boat its art . Joe
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-29-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Shawn, whats the point of all that sound if you can't fit anyone in the boat to enjoy it? Seems a bit overkill to me.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-29-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
If you like to check out my install that sound illusion did.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/262998.html?1131774475

Clay is the man!

Thanks Mike and Joe!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on November 29, 2005)
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-29-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
joe that looks sweeet!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Big Ed its always nice to see stuff done right and the owner happy. Seat heaters now thats pimp .Joe
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thanx worm !
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-29-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
Joe,

If we can help in any way feel free to give us a call.

The boat looks great.

209 466 8863
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
I am sure all those speakers, fiberglass etc. in the back of that boat is a pretty sizable ballast itself. Where you sit is another issue though.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Overkill? no such thing. We have so many friends with boats that we ride with, that seating is not a problem. if you look at the first pic, you can see i have jump seats that face the rider between the the engine and the sides.

As for ballast, the box helped but i also have a 700lb sack plumbed in the rear locker, so thats not a problem.

Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-29-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sorry Joe, not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted you to see Kustom Kar's work since you are already talking with them.

BTW, your boat looks amazing, can we see a pick with it behind your semi?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-29-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
Curious as to why you went with a triple axle trailer? The boat only weighs 3500#'s. I mean it looks cool and if that was the only reason than more power to ya! OH and it is a nice looking boat much props.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Shawn not a problem I think your boat is sick.

David looks was why I did it but one thing came out of it I pulled it on a tandem with torsion bars a tandem with axel's and a triple with axel's . The triple wins hands down no comparison.Tandem with torsion was second . Joe
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-29-2005, 4:36 PM Reply   

Joe,the only down grade on your trailer to the one of MC is that,MC trailers have 4 wheel disc brakes and also have a boat buddy.With those things added I would definetely take that trailer over MC but those 2 things I feel are safety and convinience.

Just my .02

Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-29-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
Big ED The brakes that Ellis use will stop 5500lbs per axel the boat and trailer do not weigh 5500lbs combined. As far as why there is only one brake axel is this they claim that four lighter duty brakes have a tendency to overheat and warp the rotors , putting brakes on two axels with their brakes would be overkill and not be a smooth brake . Joe
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-29-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Joe,
That is a very nice looking boat and trailer. I would be afraid of getting it dirty driving it around or dropping it in the lake all that shine will keep you busy detailing it looks so good. Congrats on your toy it looks great.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-29-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
All i have to say is SOUND ILLUSIONS is the way to go
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-29-2005, 11:50 PM Reply   
Kustom Kar Audio does all of Ski World in Santa Rosa's work so they definetely do a "few" boats. Gary uses them for a reason. They are fully capable of doing anything you want. I have seen some kick butt sound systems come out of their shop.

So local shop? Someone farther away? Might want to think about warranty/adjustments. Who ever builds it, I am sure it is going to be sweet :-)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-30-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
I hear you on that but the way I see it the more braking power the better b\c you sometime get in tough situations and need ALOT of brakes.When I'm going downhill and towing my boat,it feels like they are slowing me down and keping me in control without constant pressure on the brakes.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-30-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
Is it paint or a sticker? I lovethe boat and trailer
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-30-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Peter, yes we use Kustom Kar and they do alot of boat systems and are by far the best quality around, but Gary wasnt the one that recomended them, they are good friends of all of us down here, and that, along with the quality of their work is why we recommend them. Every system they do always gets the highest attention to detail. if anyone ever has a problem with amps or the charging system, they are right there willing to help however they can.
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
Jon those flames are painted on by Dick Vale
@ Vales Custom Colors in Socal
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
look like a trend