Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    outnumbered            10-05-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
I found one of these (1998 model) and I was looking for opinions on the quality, ride (I'm looking for a smooth riding boat if possible), wake, etc. I'm an older rider and don't get big air so if the wake is not huge its no big deal. Smooth ride in the chop is more important to me.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

(Message edited by outnumbered on October 05, 2005)
Old    mendo247            10-05-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
that would be an awesome boat! awesome wake and well built! if your really concerned about smooth ride and handling look at the sangers.. you should be able to pick up a well equipped v210 a couple years newer for the same price.. ive never been in one but i have owned sangers and allot of people on here say they handle very well espically in rough chop...those malibus really hold there value.. a guy i see at work has a 1999 vlx and the interior and boat in general has held up extremly well over the years malibu has always made a quality product
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-05-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
Won't be smooth in the chop at all. If smooth ride in the chop is most important, you might want to look at a newer I/O with a deep V.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2005, 6:21 AM Reply   
John, its a great boat...I just picked one up about a month ago. I love it. The one I got had almost perfect interior because it was well maintained. You can get a good wake out of this boat. We put about 2500 lbs in it and it was really good. Like Richard said its very well built and a very comfortable boat.
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       10-06-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
John, we have a '99 Sunsetter VLX and have been very happy. It's a family boat shared with my brother and his family...so 4 adults and 4 kids. We keep it at Lake Havasu and use it almost exclusively there. I saw in your profile that you live in AZ, so you know how nasty Havasu can get. I would say for the most part, the boat does well in rough water. A larger inboard (like the newer 23-24' boats would definitely be an improvement (or an I/O with a deep V for that matter), but if you are looking at a late model 21' V-drive I think the Sunsetter VLX is as good as any.