Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    hitmeandmyfrend            02-22-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
Hey my name's Francis i'm 15 and 140 lbs. I've been riding this CWB sol 135 for like 2-3 yrs now and i'm lookin to get something with better edge hold and something that doesn't have huge ass fins so i can pull surface tricks a little easier. I can do like a 180 surface and in the air (wake to wake)and a lot of grabs but i have an I/O crownline and im lookin for something with smooth but big pop to get me off the water. CWB or hyperlite i have been told are best.

Thanx
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-22-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
If your looking for edgy and pop check out the LF balance, but of course the best way to find out whats best for you is demo demo and demo
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
yes sir, demo would be the best. if you can't demo boards, then let me tell you, you don't always get what you pay for. usually, the more you spend the nicer the board will be, but it might not be what you want in a board. all board reviews will rave about edge hold and pop, so my guess is find something with molded in side fins, and a rocker greater than 2.3". 3 stage rockers are usually really abrupt launching, while continous or progressive rocker usually tends to be more mellow and smooth but will still boot your ass into the air. also, don't be scared to put out some money on a smaller name board. you don't have to stick to Hyperlite, CWB or Liquid Force to get a nice board. search through the board section of this site and find a few that are appealing. Wake Tech, Double Up and J-Star have caught my eye with promising products just as much as any other big name so don't be scared to put out money to a smaller named company.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-22-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
I would try the 2005 CWB Absolute 135.. its your size and its EXACTLY what youh are asking for. If you ride without the center fins you can do any surface tricks you want and still have good hold on edge. AWESOME BOARD!!
Old    murrayair            02-22-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, if you are going to stick to just the big name brands I would go with the CWB Absolute. It's a really great board. Also, Hyperlite's Parks might be what you are looking for. It's very aggressive and has really explosive pop.
Old    hitmeandmyfrend            02-24-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Yea an absolute would be easiest for me to purchase i'll try to demo some though.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-24-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
I would try the Hyperlite State, it is suppose to make you edge different for toeside and heelside, it is asymetrical.
Old    walt            02-24-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
Demo as many different boards as you can but try the Blindside Blade if you get a chance.
Old    hitmeandmyfrend            02-26-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Heard anything about a CWB pure? and where can i get some good prices on boards?
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-26-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Francis:
The pure, is very much like the old prodigy platinum and the current flame, all are excellent boards with good pop, and edge control. I was just checking out the 05's cwbwakeboards.com they have excellent audio on most of the boards, and you can zoom in and look close-up at the graphics. But everyones right demo,demo sometimes you just find a board that feels right, and evryone less you talk to dislikes it.
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-26-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
nice typo's everyone else you talk to dislikes them.
www.cwbwakeboards.com
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-26-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
I would highly recommend the Pure 134 for you. I had the chance to ride it and it was a great board. The hold was AWESOME edging into the wake AND out in the flats you could do all kinds of surface tricks too. I loved it. Also its design on the top of it is really sweet looking. Anyway, my local boardshop carries CWB and has them for 295 dollars. If you find that board cheaper then that, they will match the price.
Later,
Chris