Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-01-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Anyone had trouble with these bindings? After the first weekend I had Obrien warranty a new set - the stitching came apart at the seams. Here we are a year later and the same thing happened WTF.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
WOW...I'm surprised. I have had a couple sets of Xenons and never had any problems. Love those bindings. I thought about trying the Decades but not too sure about the CT.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-02-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
These have been my favorite bindings ever and have been very durable.... I am sad they do not make them anymore.... :-( I am getting ready to start riding the TActics that I got as a replacement.

I finally ripped the seams on my Xenon's with a BAD back edge catch on a roll to blind attempt. I would not say it is a common problem with these.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-02-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
The Xenon's have been my binding of choice since 2005. Sad to see them not in the line up for this year.

TQ, call Obrien's customer service and see what can be done because they've been great in the past with product issues that are reasonable.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-02-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
Gotta say that I'm riding a pair of 06 Xenons and am just now seeing some tearing in the seams. No complaints with construction/durability. Been a great binding but will likely switch to the 09 Murray at the end of the season.
Old     (intchamp)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-03-2009, 2:12 AM Reply   
I've been riding Xenons for the last 3 seasons. Just trashed my 3rd pair last week for stitching failure. I will say this, O'Brien has an awesome CS dept, and has always backed the warranty no questions asked.

(Message edited by Intchamp on August 03, 2009)
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-03-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
just call CS n they should help u out
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-03-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
TQ, I ride for O'brien, we should be able to help you out, call customer service. If you hit a dead end call email me.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-03-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
i love mine. i have the 08's. i have noticed they are starting to tear at the seems, but i have been riding them a year, next month. Im interested to see what they have for next year in open toe. Im told they have a good one wether its a new one or the tactic got upgraded.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Xenon's are the best damn bindings you can own.
Sorry you had trouble with yours, O'Brien also has probably the best dang warranty around so they will probably help you out!
I own three sets of the Xenon's they are the best in my view. Best comfort, fit, hold, looks, just a great binding! It's just a shame that O'Brien does not offer them anymore, what a great great binding they were. Bring em back O'Brien!