Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-27-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   

Out here at the Seattle Boat Show. Bumped into Zach Schneider and got the low down on his ride for 2011.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-28-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
WOW Nice looking Deck!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-28-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
I was just going to post a question about this exact board. That is a much better clip than the one from Ennen. My main question is how much different is it from a Response? Anyone ridden both? I am leaning towards the Newton over the Response this year, but want to be sure.
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-28-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
The ballistic series newton is geared more for the wake rider due to the carbon cupped rails that provide a stiffer pop off the wake. the newton and the response are the same shape except for the molded channels, both continuous rockers, both full wood cores with amazing flex. if you ride a lot more cable than boat, the response will offer a little more flex to play around with. if you ride more boat, definitely go with the newton. newton still rides smooth on rails, just not as flexy as the response is all. plus, the newton has THE best graphic in all of the industry and every color set is different. hope that helps!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-28-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Ian. that's exactly what I was looking for. Now I need to find a place to buy one. Have you ridden the RAD boots yet? Curious on those as well.
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-28-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
the boot is just as amazing as the board. the boot liner is awesome for winching and cable riding so you dont have to walk back to the starting line barefoot. also the lace system is super cake to use and definitely cinches the boot tight. support and comfort is essential in a performance boot and slingshot killed it in both categories. i think the video mentions a site you can pick one up online, id check that out for sure.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-29-2011, 4:00 AM Reply   
I can't wait to try out that setup. I love the graphics too.
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
Best Slingshot board so far, stiff and poppy with great flex. Loads better than previous years
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
Am I wrong or does the Ballistic Series NOT have a grind base? I know they have the new sidewall construction that's infused into their core. But, if Im reading the specs right, the Recoil, Response, Reflex, Pearl, and the Choice are the only boards offered with SlingShot's "Dura Base".... I think the boards look sweet this year but Im wondering how the Ballistic series will hold up in a Park setting?

CH

Last edited by chrishopf; 01-29-2011 at 6:43 PM.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Last year I switched from the Recoil to the Reflex (3 stage to hybrid 3 stage). My reason was I wanted a little bit faster board. I loved the kick of the recoil though.

So I have two questions:
1.) Will the Hooke (Recoil with channels) be faster than the recoil?
2.) Are the 2011 Balistic series with all of their changes lighter than the 2010 boards?

Oh yeah, and I am needing a new board in 2011 because the core of my 2010 has really broken down and is much softer than it used to be. I am pretty sure that the core has started to separate. The boards are made of strips of wood that are glued together. A few of the strips of my board are raised up now and have been getting worse. Its weird, never had that issue with my recoil.

Last edited by wakebrdr38; 02-05-2011 at 1:09 PM.
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       02-05-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishopf View Post
Am I wrong or does the Ballistic Series NOT have a grind base?

CH
This
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-06-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   

The Ballistic series has an amazing base too, it appears to be very similar to the others. I think the 2011 boards slide and perform better than any previous Slingshot to date. Setup weights aprox 12lbs
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwrighttexas View Post

I think the 2011 boards slide and perform better than any previous Slingshot to date.
The Ballistic ones or all models? Did they change the material of their "durabase" for 2011... If not I would think they would slide the same..?
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       02-06-2011, 9:09 PM Reply   
another questions, do any bindings work with this slide track, I have some CWB AA's so there mounts are a bit different to the norm holes in the plate.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-07-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
The Fast Track system works with any bindings.

Chris the Ballistic Series will still hold up like a champ on rails. Ive been riding mine at cable parks, rails and still no show of wear. The slider base is just a added barrier from your board and the elements.