Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-25-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
We've seen a silent, slow and steady increase in prices over the last few months. Are they on the way back up, or have they leveled off?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Till June when everyone gets their checks and it goes to the same corps that took too much last time.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
I think they'll come back up again like they do every year, but they won't come up a high as last year.

My prediction for the summer is that it will top off around 3.50/3.85 here in TX.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
I heard the Saudi's aren't raising gas prices because of our economy.... 1 positive at least is coming from all of this.

**Also there is some new super oil field that use to be unreachable that people can now harvest.... it adds like 60% or something nuts to what they thought they had... on 20/20 or something they said they would rather cap gas prices at like $2.50 and try and keep barrel price and price at the pump a consistent number, we'll see if it actually happens.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-25-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
I heard something like that too, Nick. I also understand that it's going to cost a small fortune to drill it because it is so difficult to reach.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-25-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Technologies are there to access oil that we've never been able to pump before. It doesn't make sense to explore them with prices at $45/bbl and $2/gal. I think a cap would incent companies to develop and bring those technologies to the market, but have fun getting public support on something like that.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-25-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
Gas prices will hit 7 bucks this summer, or not.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-25-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
$1.99 right now at Markley on Berryessa. Couldnt' believe it
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Paid $1.55 in Washington Diesel yesterday!
Old     (smith86)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-25-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
its 1.87 for regular in charlotte
it was nice to put 25 bucks in and get a half a tank instead of 60 last summer
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       03-25-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
They will go back up because the crooks know they can get away with it....sux
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-25-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
They'll be higher than now for sure, but I wouldn't expect them to be too much higher.

As an example, at the pump in Canada where I am it is around 96cents/L. I'm expecting to pay up to $1.05 to $1.10/L this summer. Much better than the $1.50 last summer, but still inflated...
Old     (wakes84)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-25-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
i would love to pay 1.87 its 2.20 in la an last summer it was up to 4 something
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-26-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
nope...gas went up 15 cents overnight...2.09 here in pa
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-26-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
I figured gas would go up because of summer.....err...a "shortage". I filled the boat up last weekend, only needed about 17 gallons, but better getting it at 35 instead of 65. $60 dollar pump days got tiring last year... the day after I filled the boat, gas prices shot up 15 cents. lets hope thats not a continuing upward trend.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Blacksburg gas prices have been running between 1.60-1.80, raising and lowering depending on whatever.

However, if you get out on I-81, ten miles from VT there's a gas station charging 2.00 bucks a gallon. However, I think that these prices will generally hold, save for the typical rise in prices that comes with the summer. The fact that it didn't steadily rise as spring rolled in says to me that they won't go up as high as they did last summer.

Not to mention the Saudis aren't so dumb as to raise gas prices again like last year and witness a lowered revenue due to their biggest customers ceasing to consume in a relevantly large amount. I mean look at last summer, people were forgoing vacations and even 1-2 hour trips just to save money on gas. I was coasting half of my trip to work and burning half as much gas. Hyper-miling tendencies showed up in tons of people.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-26-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Nick, you all arent too far away from us and yet your prices are lower...arg...lol..but regarding last year and prices. I can remember people were lining up at the pumps to get gas because we were going to run out and I needed gas in the boat to ride, so I got in line like everybody else, evil looks from all, paid my $4 a gallon and started to pull away and they closed the station down for gas since I took their last little bit...I had a great day of riding though. I didn't panic and let it run me, I needed gas, so I got it. Sucked that it cost about 70 bucks, but the lake sure wasnt too crowded. lol
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-26-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
$1.85 here in NC. If it can stay under $2 this summer I will be thrilled. $80 to fill up my 210 would mean many more lake trips for us. Last year it was over twice that.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-26-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
diesel is 1.99 at my spot in fresno...half mile down the street is 2.59..thats the kind of stuff i dont understand. buy it when its low like greg said. i did the same thing. bought diesel at one spot and gas at another. i also top off my truck as often as i can when prices are rising and even fill up a 5gal jug. then when prices are dropping i run till empty. i was even able to get the lady to understand this philosophy. i will jump on board with everyone else that gas will go up this summer but not as high as last summer. suppliers were pretty shocked to see how much people would cut out when being hosed that bad.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
I was in Miami when gas was like $3.50 +/- all over.... and there was a gas station right in the heart of South Beach, the only one I saw, and gas was like $.80 higher than everyone, just because they could.

Clearly two stations down the street with that price difference is odd.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-26-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
$1.85 here in NC. If it can stay under $2 this summer I will be thrilled. $80 to fill up my 210 would mean many more lake trips for us. Last year it was over twice that.

Word. I put $300.00 worth of gas thru my SAN last year July 4th weekend alone. It gets old,but you gotta ride.... It's a short season for us.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-26-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
Who really cares? yeah they were kinda high but it didnt stop me from riding and I have to pay for gas when I use our boats and sea doos. People went way to crazy when the prices went up, everyone was expecting like 8 bucks a gallon last summer, and they thought it would keep going, look at it now. I dont think it stopped too many people from boarding. Now though its a different story i guess because of this ish economy so sorry for saying who cares, I just get frustrated when ppl complain about gas when most will spend $3 on a red bull or even an bottle of water when a gallon of gas can get you farther. The guys in europe laugh their arses off when they see us americans complaining about gas prices when theirs are wayyyy up there, yet they make do. Dont get me wrong I would love to only pay around $2.00 for gas in the boat this summer, but if they do go up high, it wont stop me, I just need to spend a little more time working, and asking people to throw down. But my guess is that they wont go anywhere near as high as last summer.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-26-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
Who cares? I would like to travel more and ride more and can't do so if gas stays under 3 bucks a gallon.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
^^^HUH
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-26-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
If gas goes back over 3 bucks a gallon...oops.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-27-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
everyone has to pitch 20 on gas if it gets crazy. right now i supply the boat with a full tank of gas and i always pull with my truck so i eat the diesel too (unless its a long trip). the deal is whoever else is going has to figure out the rest...beer,ice,food,entertainment. its easier for me that way. i fill up the day or night before and everyone shows up in the morning and we load up and hit the road, no pre lake stops.