Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (alemati)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'll problaby buy it, what do you think about this sk8?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
If you are just getting into wakeskating you should probably pass on it for now. It catches its edge very easily on lip tricks or if you dont rotate a trick all the way.

other then that it has a very snappy ollie and is super fast on the water. even though its 14lbs it feels light on the water because the edges are sharp and sits very high on the water like a wakeboard.

even though it has a wood core it feels like a composite board. the fiberglass wrap destroyed the wood feel to me and sits too high in the water. you can grind down the edges which i would highly recomend if you get the board (im asuming it voids the warranty though). i tried the stock rails.

to me the pros of the board are that it is fast and has a super snappy ollie that comes up quick.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Mitch, they just recently fixed the edges the Zarial, thats why shipments are scheduled for for late march/early april.

I'm picking up mine tommorow which should be the final version,

I'll tell you whats up with it after I get in a test.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
caleb, kids on wakeskating.com got theirs and it has the same edges. they posted pics
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hmm, that's strange,

I talked to my rep a few weeks ago, and i was pretty sure he said that they were shipping later to work on the edges.

That's weird, I will probably end up messing with the edges anyways, I'm a perfectionist, haha.

I'll put up some pics of mine when I get it, and see if anything is different.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
cool.

theyve been out in austrlia for a while now.
but even the US kids that got them this week have the square edges.

take the router to them. i love customizing things. you could round the center and leave the tails sharper.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I already had plans for this board, this just ads to the fun.

Yeah I was planning on doing it alot like the Edges on the ONE board, more rounded in the center, and sharper towards the tails.

Im also planning on replacing the grip tape and putting some designs in the new grip.

I'll put up pictures of that if it looks decent, haha.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
awesome dude.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Speaking of which,

what skate are you on this year?

and why do we hi-jack every thread? lol
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
because we are the only people that post here on a regular bases (no lives)
but i think people can learn from our discussion on boards and tricks. haha

im on the 42 sst right now but im waiting for the 40.5. the 42 is a lot to handle but im feeling really comfotable on it even though its longer then im used to. i love the feel of it. my favorite bilevel ive ridden so far.

it pops so good reenty (my favorite) for me and i think thats what won me over. im still get comfy on it for all around ridng though. ive only ridden it 2 times out.

the zariel has great flat ollie pop but i wasnt feeling it for reentry.

i cant wait to take th sst out behind a ski and get some flats tricks down on it. fs bigs float so smooth on it. and my switch shuvs feel more solid with the big board

(Message edited by wakemitch on March 14, 2008)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Mitch, have you rode a devotid bi level? How does that compare to the SST - I'm either going with a 42 Devotid Passion, or the 42 SST.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
Sinko, I haven't ridden one yet.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-15-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
That's true, haha. I'm pretty sure we are the only skaters on WW

Nice, the one in my shop looked pretty sick, if one of my friends has it out one of these days, ill try one, but ive always liked composite more (I know im weird, haha).

Turns out we were both right about the zariel. They re-vamped the edges of the top deck, while leaving the bottom deck relativly un-touched; haha.

But it definantly looks sick, and I cant wait to try it out
Old     (hidden_lake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
sst= money

caleb u ride for ronix?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-16-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
yup :-)
Old     (saltsk8)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
I loved the concave. It was very "Cassette", the bottom deck doesn't touch the bottom and the side concave is more angled than a SST. The width is drastically narrower than the SST as well. I like a quick deck so the Zariel with the narrower design was a tad faster. I also felt that the Ronix sat higher in the water maybe due to the construction. The shape is non directional if it matters to you. What else...the rail is way sharper than the SST which I could see getting caught up on some moves. It is a prototype that I have and I here the production decks will be more rounded/more forgiving. The weight is also a tad more, it tipped my scale at 14.8 pounds. Durability looked really solid-no signs of any wear. And the compression molded wood seems to be a really good idea in my book.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-01-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
Yeah dude, I rode mine at teh OKC cable park last week. Definantly the sickest skate I've ever rode.

Mine was 13.5

you must have the 44"?
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-01-2008, 9:41 PM Reply   
Austin,

I have ridden the SST and I now own a Zariel. Interestingly enough when i looked at both of these skates I assumed the Zariel would be more prone to getting caught up than the SST. After riding both I found the SST caught on some tricks easier than the Zariel. Also looking at both I liked the width of the SST, again after riding both the Zariel just seemed to feel better to me, especially w2w.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
nothing caught worse than the oak team edition i had. Didnt want to file down edges on a collectors board so i sold it.

My old 484 41" kills it on reentry and forgivness. Just hope my deuce pop is forgiving and fun.