Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                04-27-2006, 2:43 AM Reply   
Is wake size important or is it all down to technique I feel I got good technique but my jumps are pretty lame...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
wake size does matter a lot! I used to ride in really small washy wakes and its very frustrating... not saying that mu technique was really good, but I was doing ok, and i could not go w2w! Firs time I rode on a slightly bigger wake, I got w2w. When i rode behind a wakeboard boat, it was so much better and easier. Sure, there are people that can go huge on small wakes, but I really like having a big one! or at least a well formed wake
Old                04-27-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
thanks feel bit better now...was starting to think i was never gona get good air...we have a bayliner may have to get some fat sacks
Old     (theresa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
imo technique is very important!!! But, depends on the rider. When I first started, a large wake was very intimidating...usually went half a** and would have the "fall" of the day! Sooo, to get use to a larger wake, we let the rope all the way out...that way I could get the feel of jumping the first wake. When I was somewhat consistent and landing close to the other wake, we brought the rope all the way in. I was finally able to clear the wake and then eventually cleared a ts w2w.
Once I was comfortable and got an idea of what I felt my board doing, the larger wake was definitely a PLUS!!! I've been wakeboarding for about 9 months now...still in the beginner stage! If you get a chance try to ride behind different boats, wish I would have. Sometimes going behind a boat that I'm not use to it affects my riding, mental blocks!!!
Technique and Wake go hand in hand!!!!
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
You can play with your trim tab, 1/4 up was pretty good on our old boat and shorten your rope a little. It's a little harder to keep the speed constant on an i/o but I found that was important too.
Good Luck
Old                04-28-2006, 1:09 AM Reply   
This is my third season in saying that it took the whole first season to get up and along..the second season It was only at the end I had the nerve to go over the wake at all..this season I have progressed so much have no fear got good technique and board control am so addicted it full on winter and I am still out in my fullwetsuit...got a new board EDEN but have tried heaps of diffrent bindings LF are the best but the variations frm xs to small are quite a jump in size need something in the middle...thanks for the trim tab tip will give that a go
Old                04-28-2006, 1:15 AM Reply   
forgot to add the 2nd season I found out I was pregnant so the fear factor then was a good thing..bubs is neally 2 now and can already say wakeboarding
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-28-2006, 3:49 AM Reply   
Anyone who tells you "size doesn’t matter" has a small one. This applies to most scenarios.

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
you got to buy fat sacks with a bayliner... IMO they dont make a decent small wake w/o weight