Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-24-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden behind the 21 LSV? If so what were your thoughts on the wake. I am looking into a new boat probably the end of the season/year as was curious if the 21 LSV is worth a look.
Old    steveb7            03-24-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
The concesus is on the 21lsv it takes a little more weight to acheive the same size wake as the wakesetter due to a difference in the hull, but it has a much better ski wake. I have a 01 with the same hull as the lsv, but haven't experimented much with weight, but I was amazed at how well it skied
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
As Steve mentioned, the 21 LSV rides on the Diamond hull which is designed to create more lift so the boat rides higher in the water. The result is that it handles a bit better than the VLX, has a better slalom wake, and rides a bit rougher. If you're a family that does everything and wants a boat for boarding, skiing, tubing and cruising, the 21 LSV is a good choice. If you spend more time skiing than wakeboarding, the 21 LSV is the choice.

Check out MBO for more information on the 21 LSV. There are 4 or 5 members that have LSV's decked out to similar specs as the VLX, and I'm sure they can give you some feedback.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-24-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input, I checked out MBO found a great thread.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-24-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
David, I think the following.

It's the jack of all trades, master of none (except for comfort).
It's a v-drive, so you get that space/comfort/social benefit.
It's a v-drive, so you get a worse ski wake.
It's a diamond hull, so you get a worse wakeboard wake.

To get a top quality wakeboard wake, like what most of the people at this site desire, you will have to sack the boat a lot harder (I estimate 500 lbs more than the VLX). This means more sacks and more gas.