Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
My '05 Nautique 211 Perfect Pass Sucks! I have tried all kinds of KDW and NN adjustments, and I can not get it to stop hunting. I ride with a total of about 1,800# of ballast. I need some advise!
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-19-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Try to get your throttle setting at take-off as close as you can before perfect pass beeps and takes over!
When we do this we only have a varience of a couple of 1/10's mph.
Give P.P. a call I am sure they can make a suggestion!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-19-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
The Kdw and Nn only do so much. The most important number is the CS. It controls how the perfect pass engages.

Leave the Perfect Pass on, hit the up arrow and the the menu button at the same time. A menu will pop up, go to Control Settings, and you will see the CS and CR. Just mess with the CS. Change it 20-30 at a time until you get it where you like it.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Scott - Yea, I realize that the PP only does so much. I drive the boat to speed like I was driving without PP. The problem is that once the speed gets nailed and the beep sounds, the speed control sucks if I have a rider cutting out hard. I have to manually give it gas when a rider is cutting hard, otherwise it will slow down big time, and then speed up big time. Ahghhh! I have had the Perfect Pass Rep. do some adjustments, and he got it to within 1/10 of a M.P.H., but with nobody behind the boat. Once I got a rider behind the boat, it was all over the place!

Travis, thank for the advise, I'll look into the CS and CR thing. I have no idea what these are, but hey, you da'man!
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-19-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
It is very possible that the paddle wheel alignment is off. Make sure that the arrow on the flange and top is pointed toward the nose of the boat. If it is mis aligned, then it will hunt as you are describing.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Todd, Thanks, that is good advice, I never even thought of that. I'll look tomorrow.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-19-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
No prob. In all honesty, I would reset your Kdw adjustments to factory settings and realign your paddlewheel. I run about 3000lbs ballast in my boat on factory settings and have absolutely no complaints or problems with the system surging.

Im surprised your Perfect pass rep didnt tell you to check alignment right off the bat.

}I had a customer a while back that had the same problems that you had, and a realignment solved this.}
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-20-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
How many degrees off of centerline was the paddle wheel??
Will just a slight angle mess up the unit?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-20-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Also make sure the bend in the throttle cable isn't too tight. I had this problem for a while until I moved the servo from attached to the heater hose to mounted under the deck behind the motor for a nice smooth bend. You can also remedy this problem by changing to a stiffer throttle return spring, or just adding another spring, but this can make your throttle lever creep back up towards idle as you drive.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
Scott, Try to point the arrow toward the nose and centerline of the boat to where water will flow directly over the paddlewheel without turbulance. Any air turbulance will cause the system to surge.
Old     (cp3)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Are you running it on rpm's. you might want to try that because my friend does it that way and never has a problem.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-21-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
rpms are the solution for when you just want to ride, go back to speed mode on chop water days and tell your riders to relax and wait for the boat to adjust before they start cutting out.
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-21-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
I have the same problem with my o6 211, my friend has a 06 B52 with the same problem and i have checked every thing. It seem's to be this new PP drive by wire. I had the old PP with the servo motor & never had a problem. If you figure it out let me know.
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
I just got done talking to Perfect Pass regarding the same situation on my boat.

On my '05 Centurion Elite-V, it is totally repeatable where when a rider pulls out to the right, the boat slows down and it speeds up when they pull to the left.

He couldn't offer any suggestions other than to explain what I figured was happening - the leaning of the boat is causing turbulance at the paddle wheel. I'm not about to cut another hole the hull to try another location.

Not sure what to do now. It is simply not usable like this.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
There was a problem like that on one of Malibu's hulls, the LSV I think, a couple yrs ago. They (PP) ended up providing an extended paddlewheel to get it below the turbulence, supposedly worked well.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-29-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
Yo, I had the same issues with my ride, spent probably 2 months(every weekend) on the water(delta) with perfect pass on the phone daily trying to dial it in. I always have alot of weight on the boat, so simillar issue. My settings that finally got it right are KDW 200, NN 100, make sure you reset your setting and pick the correct engine size of your boat. Good Luck - really frustrating!!