Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-24-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
sad day, my team should be ashamed. Stand for the people who server our country and give us freedom, stand for those who gave their lives for US. This is not about politics, its about supporting the people who have fought to support our country and freedom. Really sad
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-24-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
It is 100% about politics. Shows the deep divisions in the country right now, lack of leadership has got you there.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Think about how much better the world would be if nobody was concerned about whether you stood or not. People are too jaded from being concerned over unimportant crap. I bet the people who fought for this country could think of better ways for you to support them than performing obligatory poses with music.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2017, 9:32 AM Reply   
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Who walks away with the V on this debate. NFL or People how will not tollrate NFL players/Teams who don't stand. I'm on the side of "F" these guys. Not like it matters but I'm not watching any more NFL games. I know a few people who have said they gave up on the 49rs when CK took a knee. I have heard them say. "Best thing they ever did, Now they have their Sunday back, they are not sitting in front of a TV all day. I saw Steph Curry (warriors) was on the fence weather he should attend the visit to the WH & then Trump tweeted that his invite was rescinded for him being in sure weather he wanted to go or not. LOL I love it. F" steph curry. And this is just my opinion but I have a feeling TRUMP would way rather host Miltary Family's or Regular folk at the WH rather then these players.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-24-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
wow, maybe we should get rid of our flag, its an obligatory flag, maybe we can then have our own individual flags, maybe we can have non obligatory language, maybe we can all speak pig latin. god forbid if we have something we can all honor and support. The song that expresses our freedom. If its a democratic fight to not stand for the office of the presidency as their argument, then stand, but not against the theme that is the USA, not democrats or republicans, but Americans,
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-24-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
I cant remember a single time in my life, rep press or dem pres that i did not stand up and support our country. Maybe if a democrat gets elected next term, I will just have to not stand anymore? Is that what this really is? Childish BS
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-24-2017, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Think about how much better the world would be if nobody was concerned about whether you stood or not. People are too jaded from being concerned over unimportant crap. I bet the people who fought for this country could think of better ways for you to support them than performing obligatory poses with music.
Coudn't agree more.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2017, 11:01 AM Reply   
What I find strange is the people who sit or kneel are the ones who are complaining about this country being devided, But they are the VERY people who are deviding the country.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
wow, maybe we should get rid of our flag, its an obligatory flag, maybe we can then have our own individual flags, maybe we can have non obligatory language, maybe we can all speak pig latin. god forbid if we have something we can all honor and support. The song that expresses our freedom. If its a democratic fight to not stand for the office of the presidency as their argument, then stand, but not against the theme that is the USA, not democrats or republicans, but Americans,
I agree and on top of that what are they protesting? I understand the words, but we have laws in this country about equal rights. Take it to the courts if thats what you believe. Instead they are disrespecting what this country stands for. At least it seems that way to me. If i did that at work they would fire me because of the message i was sending as a member of that organization. There are better ways to express your grievances against the Country if thats what you believe. Well i guess they might think twice when negotiating contracts . No NFL, NBA and maybe baseball. They are not entertaining me with their disrespect. Would be a real bummer to go to a game. It might be more entertaining if they had a real debate away from the field. It almost seems as if they are holding the leagues and their fans hostage with their behavior.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-24-2017, 11:13 AM Reply   
Protesting for a guy that nobody would give a job to, who was released from a team who hung him out to dry, treated him like sh*t and leaked a bunch of negative things about him to his own fan base to try and save face.. all of this because trump says if a guy doesn't stand get that son of a b off the field.... the whole league had already done that and his own team did far worse than trumps words.. Obama called kanye a jackass where were the protests? thats right the same people who think kanye is a god also thought obama was too.... I want a president whos pissed when somebody doesn't stand for the anthem. Hes out there everyday working for us, he damn well better have pride in this country too.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPvOIifa260
Players were warned.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
These clowns make millions of dollars off of us if they don't respect our country tell them to pack there bags and take a hike
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-24-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
These clowns make millions of dollars off of us if they don't respect our country tell them to pack there bags and take a hike
Where too? What makes it your country but not theirs? Making a stand (or taking a knee) making a protest to make the country better is the act of a patriot.

The point I'd like to make is this. Player takes a knee, POTUS says it's bad and should be fired. The reaction is a massive upsurge in players taking knee and teams support their right to do so.
POTUS shows weak and ineffectual leadership again. If it's his goal to divide the country even further then he is nailing it.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:20 PM Reply   
"Taking a knee is patriotic" lol what? some fool made it up and the rest follow him like a herd of sheep. What about standing on your head is that patriotic too?.instead of putting on these shows why don't they donate money to foundations for our youth and do some volunteer work with all the natural disasters going on around.These clowns just want to stir up some attention. What a bunch of idiots sabotaging there own jobs haha Real Americans wont watch the NFL anymore and it was boring in the first place.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-24-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
What I find strange is the people who sit or kneel are the ones who are complaining about this country being devided, But they are the VERY people who are deviding the country.
So if they don't agree with YOU and use their constitutional right to protest, THEY are the ones dividing the country. Got it...MERICA
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Taking a knee is patriotic" lol what? some fool made it up and the rest follow him like a herd of sheep. What about standing on your head is that patriotic too?.instead of putting on these shows why don't they donate money to foundations for our youth and do some volunteer work with all the natural disasters going on around.These clowns just want to stir up some attention. What a bunch of idiots sabotaging there own jobs haha Real Americans wont watch the NFL anymore and it was boring in the first place.
You should probably take a look at all the foundations and donations players make before you start down that road. Crazy right? People putting their own job security at risk to better the lives of others, what an idea. Doesn't Trump have natural disasters to attend to? Or is he just gonna bitch about this all day.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
So if they don't agree with YOU and use their constitutional right to protest, THEY are the ones dividing the country. Got it...MERICA
Its their job they get money for playing in the NFL do you get that?? What your saying is when you go to work tomorrow your gonna get a flag and run around the office using your constitutional rights??
how long do you think until your boss fires you lmao you have to do what your paid to do you signed up for it if you want to protest fine go and walk around the streets and waste your time protesting instead of doing something productive with your life. Watch this interview with Floyd like he says focus on yourself and not worrying about things you shouldn't be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi510bs2TfI
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You should probably take a look at all the foundations and donations players make before you start down that road. Crazy right? People putting their own job security at risk to better the lives of others, what an idea. Doesn't Trump have natural disasters to attend to? Or is he just gonna bitch about this all day.

Trump is pointing out straight facts and he doesn't beat around the bush like everyone else does.IMO
they should be playing football not getting into politics
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Where too? What makes it your country but not theirs? Making a stand (or taking a knee) making a protest to make the country better is the act of a patriot.

The point I'd like to make is this. Player takes a knee, POTUS says it's bad and should be fired. The reaction is a massive upsurge in players taking knee and teams support their right to do so.
POTUS shows weak and ineffectual leadership again. If it's his goal to divide the country even further then he is nailing it.
Please be more specific. What is the message of this patriot? He was 5 seconds away from being cut when Kapernick decided to do this.

Last edited by deneng; 09-24-2017 at 1:50 PM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump is pointing out straight facts and he doesn't beat around the bush like everyone else does.IMO
they should be playing football not getting into politics
That's fine, so you think this is a bigger deal than North Korea or the fact that Puerto Rico is flattened right now? They have a right to get into politics, it's hilarious you guys want to **** on the constitution now.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its their job they get money for playing in the NFL do you get that?? What your saying is when you go to work tomorrow your gonna get a flag and run around the office using your constitutional rights??
how long do you think until your boss fires you lmao you have to do what your paid to do you signed up for it if you want to protest fine go and walk around the streets and waste your time protesting instead of doing something productive with your life. Watch this interview with Floyd like he says focus on yourself and not worrying about things you shouldn't be.

Yeah, let's listen to Floyd, the woman beater, great guy.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Trump makes millions of dollars and gives back by becoming president for NO pay.NFL players make millions by playing a game and give back by crying "oppression". ROFL
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump makes millions of dollars and gives back by becoming president for NO pay.NFL players make millions by playing a game and give back by crying "oppression". ROFL
Yeah all that golf on tax dollars and time in southern Florida has been free huh? Thank god he didn't take the few hundred grand though, that woulda really been a killer for us. Not the security for his wife and kid to live up in New York or all the vacation time. You're right, good point.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, let's listen to Floyd, the woman beater, great guy.
LMAO nobody in the NFL beats their wives/girlfriend's? haha nice comeback Floyd was telling you how to make money but my bad I apologize apparently you have enough of that.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
LMAO nobody in the NFL beats their wives/girlfriend's? haha nice comeback Floyd was telling you how to make money but my bad I apologize apparently you have enough of that.
You see me posting videos of Ray Rice telling people how to live? Haha
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah all that golf on tax dollars and time in southern Florida has been free huh? Thank god he didn't take the few hundred grand though, that woulda really been a killer for us. Not the security for his wife and kid to live up in New York or all the vacation time. You're right, good point.
Your telling billionaires on how to spend their money haha nice. You got to earn it before you can spend it.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
You see me posting videos of Ray Rice telling people how to live? Haha
Floyd makes in a hour what Ray makes in a year man no comparison at all here zero.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
He did it at the same time that the Niners were trying to get rid of him. Nobody else in the league wanted him. Now the message is he can not get a job because he protested the National anthem. Nice move. When did he become a wanted QB in the NFL.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Floyd makes in a hour what Ray makes in a year man no comparison at all here zero.
Considering they both beat woman, yes, there is a great comparison there.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Considering they both beat woman, yes, there is a great comparison there.
What's up with you and talking about beating women all the time weird man you always seem to bring it up.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
He did it at the same time that the Niners were trying to get rid of him. Nobody else in the league wanted him. Now the message is he can not get a job because he protested the National anthem. Nice move. When did he become a wanted QB in the NFL.
Owners are not gonna want these protesting clowns on there team because most people don't care for people who don't respect this country so there gonna be looking for a job elsewhere soon.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Owners are not gonna want these protesting clowns on there team because most people don't care for people who don't respect this country so there gonna be looking for a job elsewhere soon.
Well their were some teams like Seattle that wanted him because he protested the flag. Nobody wanted him for his QB skills. He blew that because he would not accept anything other then a starting job. This guy has it made.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
Steelers didn't even come out of the locker rooms.Just a disgrace to everyone smh.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-24-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
The steelers did not take the field, not take a knee, or turn there back, they made a team decision to ignore our flag, our heritage, and our military. only one man came out, stood up to the BS and supported our country, he also was a in the server and served in Afghanistan, Oh, sorry maybe the word Afghanistan is too upsetting, Persia, IS that better? Did not want to start a Berkley riot
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your telling billionaires on how to spend their money haha nice. You got to earn it before you can spend it.
This doesn't even relate to anything I said.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
This doesn't even relate to anything I said.
Your whining about the way Trump spends his money how does it not relate?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
The steelers did not take the field, not take a knee, or turn there back, they made a team decision to ignore our flag, our heritage, and our military. only one man came out, stood up to the BS and supported our country, he also was a in the server and served in Afghanistan, Oh, sorry maybe the word Afghanistan is too upsetting, Persia, IS that better? Did not want to start a Berkley riot
Right on agreed he's a real patriot. While the rest of the team cowered in the lockers both the Seahawks and steelers.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/TopStoriesU...4986509820526/
Some of us love what America stands for.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-24-2017, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:

You are absolutely right, have you noticed the owners who are right there with their players? Most seem to be supporting their decisions. So ultimately it doesn't matter if you bitch about it. If you don't like it look it's your choice to boycott. 'MERICA
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your whining about the way Trump spends his money how does it not relate?
When did I whine about the way Trump spent his money? Last I checked that isn't his money he's spending, or do you just not know how that works for the president? You think Trump is footing the bill for air force one when he goes down to Florida? LOLOLOLLLLLLLL
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 3:32 PM Reply   
There's MANY thing in life you don't want to do,Like show up to court on time ,,,It show RESPECT for the judge...You bite your tongue,AND STAND ,BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN ... THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE IN THE WORLD...
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
Notice how all the celebrities said if Trump won they would leave well did they? Nope nosiree we are proud to be American and when someone disrespects us like this take the knee garbage it makes us mad. People fought and died for us to have our freedom and this is how they treat us they are more then welcome to go to any part of the world where they don't feel "oppressed" but we know very well they won't because they won't make anything close to what they make in the NFL.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Notice how all the celebrities said if Trump won they would leave well did they? Nope nosiree we are proud to be American and when someone disrespects us like this take the knee garbage it makes us mad. People fought and died for us to have our freedom and this is how they treat us they are more then welcome to go to any part of the world where they don't feel "oppressed" but we know very well they won't because they won't make anything close to what they make in the NFL.
You also voted a draft dodger who insults POW's.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 4:25 PM Reply   
Man your probably one of the people that lays down on the floor starts crying and banging his fists on the ground when you don't get something you want.

Last edited by wakeslash; 09-24-2017 at 4:32 PM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Man your probably one of the people that lays down on the floor starts crying and banging his fists on the ground when you don't get something you want.
Relevancy means nothing to you.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 4:56 PM Reply   
Says the guy who lacks a very small amount of common sense.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Relevancy means nothing to you.
Listen how about the people that feel "opressed" leave the NFL guess what they won't.They are all talk and no walk just like the people that would leave America if Trump won what happened they turned out to be fakes all talk no walk if you say something then do it don't hide in the corner if it's time to turn your words into actions.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2017, 6:09 PM Reply   
Let's take a wager.

See what the NFLs attendance and TV ratings are in week 2 b4 this Started and let's see what the Ratings and attendance are after?

I'm curious to see if people put their money where their mouth is.?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 6:13 PM Reply   
HAHA peep this entire stadium pretty much empty.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...nout-stadiums/

nobody cares about NFL in the first place what these guys are doing is nailing the final nail in the coffin
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 6:43 PM Reply   
Also thank goodness NASCAR has some common sense left unlike the NFL. The owner warns the team that Anthem protests BS will get you fired about time someone stood up for what's right for a change.

HERE is a quote from the article itself "

Hall of Fame driver Richard Petty and current team owner of the No. 43 Cup Series team of Aric Almirola agrees with Trump.
“Anybody that don’t stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period. What got ’em where they’re at? The United States," Petty said, adding that any protester within his organization would be fired.
"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...cid=spartanntp
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-24-2017, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:

nobody cares about NFL in the first place what these guys are doing is nailing the final nail in the coffin
It goes without saying that if you quote Breibart as a news source you lose ALL credibility, attendance at Levi Stadium was 70,178, and nobody in L.A. cares about the Chargers protests are not, it's very easy to find out these things.LOL

Last edited by magicr; 09-24-2017 at 9:21 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 9:27 PM Reply   
NFL = No Fans Left
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
It goes without saying that if you quote Breibart as a news source you lose ALL credibility, attendance at Levi Stadium was 70,178, and nobody in L.A. cares about the Chargers protests are not, it's very easy to find out these things.LOL
You didn't even look at it there are tweets from multiple games showing empty stadiums are you tripping?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-24-2017, 9:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
You didn't even look at it there are tweets from multiple games showing empty stadiums are you tripping?
They showed a Thursday night game in Santa Clara between the ****ing Rams and 49ers. You think people taking work off early to go to that? Not a chance. They showed a game from the Chargers, the Chargers who left their fan base this season to move to LA. And a game between the Rams and Washington hahahaha. ****ing Breitbart. You guys will listen to anything they say, including the pedophile Milo. Why not post a picture of Green Bay Cinci? How bout that Patriots game eh? Those protests really hurting!

The NFL is a ****ing juggernaut, anybody who says "nobody cares about the NFL" is clueless.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 10:00 PM Reply   
These jackasses are all millionaires for God's sake. Most of their fans are working people who live from pay check to pay check. If they hate this country that means they hate its people and let them play football in Haiti or Zimbabwe and see how much money they make in those countries. People work all their lives and never ever accumulate any net worth and we're sick of being snubbed my these millionaires who hate us.

These people are enemies of the common man and they need to be bankrupted. THEY ARE MILLIONAIRES BY VIRTUE OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE INSULTING. SCREW THEM. They may have a right to their gestures and opinions. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE MONEY IN OUR WALLETS!
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-24-2017, 10:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
These jackasses are all millionaires for God's sake. Most of their fans are working people who live from pay check to pay check. If they hate this country that means they hate its people and let them play football in Haiti or Zimbabwe and see how much money they make in those countries. People work all their lives and never ever accumulate any net worth and we're sick of being snubbed my these millionaires who hate us.

These people are enemies of the common man and they need to be bankrupted. THEY ARE MILLIONAIRES BY VIRTUE OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE INSULTING. SCREW THEM. They may have a right to their gestures and opinions. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE MONEY IN OUR WALLETS!
Then don't go to their games or watch them on T.V. It seems like a very easy solution for you. Were you this angry about the Tiki Torch brigade chanting Jews will not replace us? You hear hardly a peep out of Drumpf or the right about those dudes exercising their rights, but wholly moley the NFL protesters are going to destroy America, your outrage is laughable.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-25-2017, 4:03 AM Reply   
wow, your taking an issue of anti simetic protest vs. the american anthem really? I get so tired of this being a JEW thing, A BLACK thing, A muslim thing, ITS an american thing!. All jews, whites, blacks, muslims, etc etc who don't stand up for our flag, our history, and be proud to be an American because one simple little man, who will only be there for 8 years tops, got under their skin that easily? REALLY? Wow, weak ass people. If you let Pres Trump upset you so bad you no longer can support the people who protect us, you need to leave and find a new country to live in. Obviously some of the NFL are so weak and SAD that they cannot walk on to the field and let the people of this country (ALL WATCHING BTW) SEE their sorry @SS sitting or kneeling and disrespecting our country, They need to be fired and replaced with new management to control this **** show.

The players who hide in the tunnel, afraid to be seen acting the way they are, are pathetic, My grandfathers are dead, would have killed them to see that yesterday.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 4:17 AM Reply   
I’ve seen a lot of posts over the last 24 hours regarding “respecting the flag” and what that means…and how athletes who use their public forum to voice dissent are somehow “unpatriotic”. I want to offer a different opinion.

My father is buried at the foot of the flagpole in Golden Gate National Cemetery. He landed at Normandy, fought at the Battle of the Bulge and liberated Nazi camps in Germany. His enemy was fascism. I served as a Green Beret in the early 1970s (pretty sure you all know what that entails). Our enemy at the time was communism. My son is currently a serving officer in the Army, who on his dress blues wears the Bronze Star he was awarded during a year-long tour in Afghanistan. His enemy is and was the Taliban and the threat of terrorism.

Three generations of my family, serving the USA, in harms’ way. Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait. ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them. All of them are intolerant and demand “loyalty” to the leader.

I can tell you, speaking for three generations of my family, it is PRECISELY for men like Kaepernick, and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve. There is NOTHING more respectful of our country than living up to its ideals. There is nothing more patriotic than to say “I’m concerned with injustice, and will use my position to try and address it.”

Want to know what’s unpatriotic? Using your privilege to avoid serving, citing “bone spurs in the heel” while playing varsity tennis at college while others went. Want to know what is antithetical to American values? Using the most powerful pulpit in the land to incite violence – against ANYONE. Want to define disgraceful behavior? Denigrating a man like Senator John McCain’s service and heroism while you sat home.

Want to respect the American flag? Then respect the ideals for which it stands. Bullying language and calling peaceful protesters “sons of bitches” who should be fired aren’t among them.

p..s. anyone wishing to share this, please feel free.

Sgt Michael Sand
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-25-2017, 6:21 AM Reply   
Well said and thank you and your family for your service.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 6:29 AM Reply   
Not me, just sharing but agree with your sentiment
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then why do you keep giving it to them? Oh yeah... because you want to watch football. So who's gonna win your love? The people who tool you into believing that these football players are enemies of the people, or the guys that give you the ballgame you love watching? It seems to me the former are just giving you a lot of anxiety, and the later are making you happy sitting on the couch with a beer.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 7:53 AM Reply   
http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/wwii-ve...them-protests/
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
Men and women died so you can make millions of dollars. Stand up in their honor. If you want to protest find a different way that doesn't disgrace the men and women that can't watch you play because they made the ultimate sacrifice.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
It doesn't disgrace them at all, as the vets above have stated (and countless more too).

As pointed out, the president's 5 deferments and disparaging comments about McCain and others that have served and lost loved ones who've served are what's disgraceful.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2017, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Men and women died so you can make millions of dollars.
No they didn't. But there are people who served in the US armed forces but weren't citizens and then later deported. But football players protesting is a far more important issue for those who feel more accomplished when they are expressing their self righteousness.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Men and women died so you can make millions of dollars. Stand up in their honor. If you want to protest find a different way that doesn't disgrace the men and women that can't watch you play because they made the ultimate sacrifice.
I don't think that people died so a small sector of the population could make millions of dollars playing a game. Now, they did give their lives to uphold the constitution and values that you guys and Trump keep trying to forget about. You guys are so quick to bring up the constitution when it comes to guns, but so quick to **** on it when it comes to free speech.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
I'm not saying Trump was right in what he said. I just don't like them taking a knee during the national anthem. I have a right to say that.

I just wish they would find away to protest a different way that's all, I agree things need to change but we need to change our culture on both sides.

Stand and locking arms = bringing us together!!!! Taking a knee = I don't care what people before me did to live the privileged life I live now.

All I want is for them to find another way

That is all
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not saying Trump was right in what he said. I just don't like them taking a knee during the national anthem. I have a right to say that.

I just wish they would find away to protest a different way that's all, I agree things need to change but we need to change our culture on both sides.

Stand and locking arms = bringing us together!!!! Taking a knee = I don't care what people before me did to live the privileged life I live now.

All I want is for them to find another way

That is all
That is completely acceptable and I can respect that. The flag and anthem mean something different for everybody, my issue is the president of the United States going after people for exercising their rights as an American Citizen, the same rights the people before died for to uphold. The anger is pointed at the athletes, which is fine if you want to be angry with them, but you should be doubly as angry for letting Trump **** on the constitution the people before died to uphold.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:18 AM Reply   
Making millions or not we are privileged.

I used to travel to China for work.

Go live there at their minimal wage FOR lets say 3 months then come back here and tell me how back your have it.

I had a hotel once with a "City" view not the lake and mountain view. At night you could look down and see dozens of people lay on grass matts on their roofs sleeping. Because it was summer time and they didn't have any way to cool off their apartments.

Then by 6:00am every one of them was off to work to make a few dollars a day.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Making millions or not we are privileged.

I used to travel to China for work.

Go live there at their minimal wage FOR lets say 3 months then come back here and tell me how back your have it.

I had a hotel once with a "City" view not the lake and mountain view. At night you could look down and see dozens of people lay on grass matts on their roofs sleeping. Because it was summer time and they didn't have any way to cool off their apartments.

Then by 6:00am every one of them was off to work to make a few dollars a day.
Do you try and better yourself in life or do you constantly look at a homeless man on the street and think, "You know what, I'm doing better than he is, I don't need to take that job promotion or try and better my life in any way possible."

You guys are the ones screaming "Make America Great Again", why are you getting mad when somebody else is trying to do it in their way? Your way or the highway eh?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:22 AM Reply   
I don't disagree with you at all.

Quote:
That is completely acceptable and I can respect that. The flag and anthem mean something different for everybody, my issue is the president of the United States going after people for exercising their rights as an American Citizen, the same rights the people before died for to uphold. The anger is pointed at the athletes, which is fine if you want to be angry with them, but you should be doubly as angry for letting Trump **** on the constitution the people before died to uphold.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:35 AM Reply   
That's terrible you just to assume that I and I'm quoting you

"You know what, I'm doing better than he is, I don't need to take that job promotion or try and better my life in any way possible."

My wife and I both work homeless shelters and help with children's ministries with under privileged kids.

I'm just a good old boy from the south. I don't judge anybody may you should try the same.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's terrible you just to assume that I and I'm quoting you

"You know what, I'm doing better than he is, I don't need to take that job promotion or try and better my life in any way possible."

My wife and I both work homeless shelters and help with children's ministries with under privileged kids.

I'm just a good old boy from the south. I don't judge anybody may you should try the same.
That is an incredible thing you're doing and I apologize for any disrespect you took in my comment. I was simply trying to show that as analogy as to what these people are doing. They're trying to better the country for those that don't have the means to do so at the moment, just like you are. They're all doing just fine in the world for the most part, like you said, they have millions of dollars and get to play a sport for work. However, many of them came from backgrounds and have family members that are struggling mightily, and they see an opportunity to better the country for them with their platform.

My analogy was one of simply saying our country is currently the best, we don't need to improve it anymore.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
See this is how a discussion is suppose to go.

We have different opinions and probable won't ever completely agree. But I can see and agree with parts of your points.

I appreciate that.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 9:00 AM Reply   
All of them are hypocrites saying there "oppressed" while coming home to their 3 million dollar mansion lmao in that case we all wanna be "oppressed" as long as I get that indoor pool with a water slide haha working paycheck to paycheck is rough lol.

You keep ignoring the fact that NASCAR said it wont tolerate this BS and they don't have to deal with it pretty smart if you ask me.At the end of the day some people are for it some against it but its not gonna be good for the NFL there just gonna lose a ton of money off of this whole mess now there gonna need to do good damage control.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-25-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:

14 bucks a seat in new stadium. Nobody came .Minimum price tickets regular 85 bucks. What do you expect when you disrespect half of your base. I guarantee
you will not fill the stands with Hillary supporters.

Last edited by deneng; 09-25-2017 at 9:09 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
All of them are hypocrites saying there "oppressed" while coming home to their 3 million dollar mansion lmao in that case we all wanna be "oppressed" as long as I get that indoor pool with a water slide haha working paycheck to paycheck is rough lol.
You simply can't wrap your head around the idea that people are willing to stand up for people that can't can you? They're not saying they're oppressed, but many of the same background are.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-25-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
See this is how a discussion is suppose to go.

We have different opinions and probable won't ever completely agree. But I can see and agree with parts of your points.

I appreciate that.
Exactly, cheers.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-25-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Paid 70,178. Nobody wanted to come to the game.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-25-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
People are saying TRUMP is making America more devided. By doing what? Speaking his mind. I do get what people are talking about. But is this Trumps fault? I feel it's your right to protest and say what you like. And it's my right to tell you how I feel and spend my time and $ elsewhere. Both sides have the right.