Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
Okay since this shape is pretty new (and I only found 1 other review of this board in a search) I figured I would throw out a quick review on it now that I have a couple of sets on this new board. (Big thanks to Austin at the Liquid Playground in San Jose for the demo).

First things first, I am coming from the Lidberg/Militant shape. I have been riding this shape since Double Up was in business (except for a small trial period, less than 1 summer on the shane board, before switching back to the militant). My main intention with changing boards/shapes was to try "new technology" and see what improvements have been made in boards. I was looking for a board that was fast when flat, tracked deep in the water on edge, and lots of pop (stiff 3 stage).

I also demo-ed a Byerly Monarch (both the Monarch and Conspiracy are the 54" size). One important thing to note about the two boards is that the Monarch has a substantially larger insert pattern allowing what I refer to as "gangster stance"...an extra inch over the Conspiracy (measured outside insert to outside insert) so its not completely "apples to apples" since my stance was wider by about an inch on the monarch.

Initially I really liked both boards (monarch and conspiracy) and was completely torn between the two. The conspiracy popped harder, rode a bit smoother and was way more locked in than the monarch (the only feature that drove me towards the monarch over the conspiracy was the locked in feeling of the conspiracy).

Overall I am really happy with the board and my decision (Conspiracy). My next step is to ask around in the industry if anyone has been shaving down the ABS fins to loosen up the ride. I was a bit skeptical of the size as 54"(137cm) seemed small for me (170lbs 5'10" riding 140cm boards usually ). I was also a bit concerned that the board would handle like a tank given its wider blocky dimensions. Both of my concerns were not an issue. The board rides exactly how I want it to, fast, deep on edge and with plenty of pop. I also found the board to land quite smooth, a welcomed feature I was not expecting. (Today it seems every single board review includes "lands soft"...)

Quick facts: I rode this board behind my boat which I have ridden my militant and the monarch behind. I would consider myself an "advanced" rider with multiple inverts, 3's, 5's, bs spins, etc. I have about 4 sets on the board so far. I ride at 80ft around 25mpn.