Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-28-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Hello All,

I'm new to this whole surfing thing as of this year and have read tons of posts on the subject but was wondering if any specific information was out there on my boat. I have a Sanger V230 and just about have the Perfect Pass installed and am ready to start playing (dialing in) the wake as best I can.
I have purchased what I believe to be enough bags and have played around with it just once at the end of a somewhat cold day. I have 1100lb, 750lb and 2 400lb bags, plus the 500lb center ballest bag. On my first trial day I only filled the 1100 port side locker and 750 on the floor nearest the port side seat. I have read enough to know that I'm just going to have to play with different set ups but does anyone have a good starting point for bag placement? My wave looked tall enough and somewhat clean, didn't have much or any washout, but it didn't seem as long as some of the dialed in wakes I've seen on this site. Can my boat even produce those nice clean long wakes like I see in a ton of pics? Thanks in advance for any help, as I certainly need it. Brent
Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-29-2013, 2:51 AM Reply   
I'm not trying to hijack my own thread, but I read tonight on this site that in order to pick up a downed surfer you turn your high (non-ballasted) side into your oncoming wake as it approaches your boat, is this correct? I would think you'd want to turn your ballasted side into the oncoming wake. If you turn your high side to the wake it can drop the low side even further and the potential to take on water would be greater. Am I correct or am I overthinking this? By turning your ballasted or heavy side to the wake it will lift that side and drop the high side, correct?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2013, 4:07 AM Reply   
Sangers tend to like a lot of weight in the front, even when surfing. As a general rule of thumb, weight in the front or increasing speed lengthens the pocket but reduces height of the wave.

As for driving, if you are surfing a passenger side wave, when you power down turn right and then left all the way around so you turn inside your wave.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-02-2013, 9:14 PM Reply   
I just picked up 400#s of LEADWAKE in 50# bags for my 237. Will be out all weekend moving weight around the boat. I was told Sangers like 60/40 back front weight. Will let you know outcome next week
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-03-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 Sanger v230 ....... in our opinion it throws as good as a wake that there is out there ........ our basic setup is 500lbs of lead in the rear compartment with a 1100 bag on top ( we fill that bag only about 3/4 ) ....... we use about 350lbs of lead under the side seat ....... 150lbs of lead on the front seat in front of the driver ......... center stock tank filled ....... we have surfed this the past 2 years with 2 kids in the boat and me a 300lb driver ......... this year we are filling a 550lb sac in the opposite rear about 2/3 and this has given us a very big and long and powerfull wave. I am 310lbs right now and I will post a pic from this upcoming weekend of me way in the back hanging out with just 2 kids in the boat!! As you add more people in the boat you need to move more weight up front ........ I'll move 100lbs of lead up to the front for every person over the count of 4 from under the side seat!!! We love our Sanger and hopefully you will also!! Feel free to PM me about any questions and if you ever want to Surf the Delta we will gladly meet up with you or take you for a Ride!!!
Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-03-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
I've been out again since I posted... Luck has not been on our side as far as weather goes, so I still haven't had a ton of time to play. All I did this time was fill the 1100 in the rear and the stock center ballast, wow, lengthened it right out. So yes, it needs the weight up front. It really was a nice looking wake, I'll have to play to dial it in, but I'm going to think in terms of the 60/40 split also, which is nice, keeps the bow rise down a bit when surfing. I'm going back out on Sunday, if the weather allows and hopefully I can take some pics to post. I'd love to see yours as well and thanks for the info, I have been reading for nearly a week straight on this site and others, still not sure I know anymore, but it's fun to see how others enjoy this past time. Thanks for the Delta invite, I may just have to take you up on it, wife has been at me for years to take her to California. Thanks guys.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-03-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
Here is what you can look forward to!!
Attached Images

Old     (Brent44)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-03-2013, 5:59 PM Reply   
Really nice looking wake, hard to tell the length of it in that pic, but I'm sure it is nice and long. Thanks for posting the pic. I'll try weighting in a similar manner. What speed do you surf at?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-05-2013, 11:36 PM Reply   
This picture was from today ...... taken with iPhone from the drivers seat ....... no clue as to speed as we don't have refect pass ........ anywhere from 10.8 to 11.2 I would guess
Attached Images