Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
From a NY Times column entitled What Happened to Obama? a few days ago...

Quote:
Those of us who were bewitched by his eloquence on the campaign trail chose to ignore some disquieting aspects of his biography: that he had accomplished very little before he ran for president, having never run a business or a state; that he had a singularly unremarkable career as a law professor, publishing nothing in 12 years at the University of Chicago other than an autobiography; and that, before joining the United States Senate, he had voted "present" (instead of "yea" or "nay") 130 times, sometimes dodging difficult issues.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Does it really matter what he did in the past?.... his resume' now has PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES on it.... Yaa/Nay doesn't matter, his law professor days won't matter, and anything else doesn't matter at this point... all overshadowed by 4-8 years and a very important title

What I did in middle school didn't matter the day I started high school
What I did in high school didn't matter the day I started college.
What I did in college won't matter when I apply for a 2nd job after years of experience at my first one (the fact I went to college helps)

Love him or hate him, Obama is a smooth talker and was able to get into the White House, making his entire past not really matter. Anything he does after his term(s) as president will be an afterthought because he was "the man" for at least 4 years.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-10-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
You mean "WORST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES" on it.

and dodging difficult issues in the senate should speak volumes.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
What I did in middle school didn't matter the day I started high school
Wow! I hate it when someone makes my point way better than me!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Well, we now have two criteria that a President should not have in their background...

1) Been a law professor.
2) Been a Gov of Texas

Think we'll have any more in a few more years? Oh yeah I don't think Obama's opponent had ever run a business or a state.

I think that the people should start looking at themselves for the answers. We are the one's responsible for the failing economy. The govt is not reliable to act on it's own. The fact that the people aren't united and fuming that we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan is a poor indicator for the future. The fact that people can't see that exporting 10 of billions of dollars overseas every month is killing our economy is a poor indicator for the future.

Good luck with that focusing on that one man, whoever he may be.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-10-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
We need someone that knows how to run an actual business and that has done so successfully.

Warren Buffet 2012!
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-10-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
I would settle for "not been a politician"
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
In 12 years (when I hit 35) I am running for president on the following grounds, so vote for me:

I have no political experience - can't be worse than those WITH political experience right?
I have no business ties, I haven't already been bought.... let the bidding war begin!
I like to keep things crazy simple - because the "duh" answer is always best.... 100 pages of legislation for something that should take 15 seconds?!
War is stupid 99% of the time. Mess with that 1% and get zero tolerance - you're F**ked... no mercy.
Don't like taxes?... fine, don't pay, but if you're caught calling the police, fire dept, driving on a road, or sending your kids to public school you will be paying a hefty fine.
Legalize it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sending a non-politician into politics is like sending me in to QB the 49ers. How'd Jesse Ventura or the governator turn out?

Politics is a PITA. Don't hate the players, hate the game.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-10-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
"Legalize it."

You know the amount of money saved from the WOD, and the tax revenue that could be recieved makes a damn good arguement for this.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Getting a little off track. The point of the original post was, duh, we pretty much knew this guy was not qualified to run a candy store, much less the biggest economy in the world, yet we still elected him. Pretty amazing that a good speech and anger at the "other" party can make us completely blind and cause us to screw ourselves over in the worst way!! Hopefully, voters will be more careful in future primaries (I dream of Hillary ) and elections!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sending a non-politician into politics is like sending me in to QB the 49ers.
May not be the worst thing
Old    SamIngram            08-10-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
In 12 years (when I hit 35) I am running for president on the following grounds, so vote for me:

I have no political experience - can't be worse than those WITH political experience right?
I have no business ties, I haven't already been bought.... let the bidding war begin!
I like to keep things crazy simple - because the "duh" answer is always best.... 100 pages of legislation for something that should take 15 seconds?!
War is stupid 99% of the time. Mess with that 1% and get zero tolerance - you're F**ked... no mercy.
Don't like taxes?... fine, don't pay, but if you're caught calling the police, fire dept, driving on a road, or sending your kids to public school you will be paying a hefty fine.
Legalize it.
I think you just described Herman Cain...
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-10-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
David. Those of us that were not blinded by his speeches were either called racist or fear mongers. Go figure...