Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-13-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
Its the same as when wakeboarding started except in this case its not the skiiers who think wakeboarding is going no where, its the wakeboarders who think wakeskating is going nowhere.
Old    buttacup            02-13-2004, 11:40 PM Reply   
??????? are you answering someones question or stating a fact?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-14-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
That's a good point and I do see that quite a bit, but I don't think the situations are exactly alike. When it was skiing or wakeboarding, I think skiers could see that this was basically going to come in and take over skiing. I don't think wakeboarders believe that wakeskating is going to replace wakeboarding. They are very complementary.

Some think that wakeskating is technically difficult and that will present a barrier to entry, but I think if you just watch Fuel TV for a few hours and see the level of what just about every Tom, Dick and Harry is doing on a skateboard, this is probably not a very good argument.

I also think there are some good points to be made for wakeskating's easy accessibility when compared to wakeboarding with jet skis and things like The Winch coming out.

It will be really interested to see where wakeboarding and wakeskating are in relation to each other in 10 years.
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-15-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
"??????? are you answering someones question or stating a fact?"

I didn't mean to say this as if it were a fact, i was just thinking.

I think that that will be interesting too, i'm the worst on a wakeskate, but I like it a lot more. In fact I actually picked up skateboarding so I could be good when the season starts. I think that the reverse will sort of happen to skateboarders, they will wakeskate because it seams a lot like skateboarding, and it is.