Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-07-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
While at press conference up at Lake Arrowhead today with Governor Schwarzenegger, a crew in a nice Nautique figured out what was going on and picked a line right in the background of the camera shot. It was perfect since the event was about how the region is open for business after the fires.

http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/speech/8034/

The passes pick up after the first speaker. Unfortunately the good crash was just outside the camera shot!

...the whole time all i could think was "Damn, and I almost brought by board with me!"
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-07-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
dope!
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-07-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
Classic!

Even more classic is the fact that my department's cheif is in the video. He is the big bald guy, in his class A uniform, in the left rear of the video (speaker's right).
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
.....like a bug that wont go away...thats funny!...although I did like the firefighter comment from aaanold!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-07-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
HAHA!!! That is great! Go wakeboarders!
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-07-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
michael z,

Where in Toronto are you a firefighter? I visited a station in Toronto about 2 months ago while on vacation. It was in the ghetto. I think the name of the street was "Dundas???" It was not too far from young street.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-07-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
wow - a sean sighting! :-)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-07-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
looks to me like they are water skiing. just cutting back n forth. no jumping. it is far away but doesnt look like boardin to me
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-07-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,

Its true, I am still alive. I know the tabloids had reported things differently.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
The guy riding was just throwing some W2W jumps, nothing special. It was just cool to see someone riding.

...thought I would share just in case any of the riders were WW'ers.
Old     (kiwi1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-08-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
"I don’t know how many of the people will be able to actually see the scenery on TV, but I’ve got to tell you, this is fantastic."

hahahaha