Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
So we have had our boat about 1 year and when we
first bought it we trailered it with the cover
everywhere. Then one day I was paying really close
attention and noticed the cover was not staying tight to the side of the boat, come to find out
it was actually moving enought to leave some
marks on the rub rails on both sides. Since then
I dont tow with the cover. Anyone have problems
towing with there cover on? Its a mastercraft cover which I like alot cause it have a ratchet system to tighten the cover down, but I guess it just doesnt hold the sides down tight enough.
On long trips I would like to be able to have it covered, cuts down on the amount of cleaning
Now we just use the cover for when its at home to keep the dust out of the inside.
Any thoughts??
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
What year is the boat? Some of the newer MCs have "towable covers" but it doesn't work all that great. I probably wouldn't tow mine too much with the cover on.
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
I do not tow with the cover. If you are serious about towing with a cover, you need to get the kind with snaps. The bummer is that you can't slide out of your boat as the snaps scrape your *ss and they are just plain ugly. I'd rather not have snaps and do more cleaning :-)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
Its a 04 X-star, the cover eveen states thats its
towable, but I wont tow with it anymore.
Just gonna use it to keep the dust out while its
garaged.
JohnE--I'm with ya on the snaps. Dont like the idea of putting snaps all the way around the boat.
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
It is the "towable cover" but they don't have the design down pat yet.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
I had my cover custom made and it fits very snug. The snugger the fit the better for towing because of less whipping. They still take a beating though so I only tow with the cover if i have too.
Old    grud8            08-07-2005, 10:04 PM Reply   
You shouldn't tow with a cover...ever. Dirt from the road gets in between the cover and the gel coat and will scratch and grind your gel coat.