Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-28-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Where are the closest locations to ride? I had heard of some riding in Petaluma any help appreciated i would really love some pulls on the weekdays and weekends.
Old    walt            04-28-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
Petaluma river...I sent you a few contacts so check your E-mail

Your other options are, Sonoma,Mendocino and Berryessa.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
South Petaluma River is cool and you'll only see 1 other boat (probably Mikes) with riders - but they stay north most of the time.

Also, if you can hook up with anyone on Bel Marin Keys, chances are you'll be the only boat - but it does get breezy and rolly so the river is where we went. You have to be a home owner in BMK, so go knock on 61 Del Oro Lagoon or the houses on either side and see if they will "rent" you a key.
Old    walt            04-28-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Mike doesn't ride any more. He's a Bass fisherman now.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
What an old fart....too bad cause he killed it.
Old    walt            04-28-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
Steve,
Check out #13 !

http://www.wonbass.com/pro/results/north/2-clear_lake/pro_final.html
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
HEY!!!!!!! I still ride...... I just rode....in september.....lol.... Ok I need to ride more. I am just on a different schedule than everyone else. I play weekdays. But I have been chipping away at the MC 205. New starter, steering cable, battery, Alternator and prop is next. So You WILL see me on the river if I can find some non-dorks (excuse my stereo type) to enjoy some gas guzzling 2500lb wake.

P.S. did Steve Jones call me an old fart? If I retired and went fishing yeah, call me an old fart. But I just added another Pro status. Bass fishing. And it pays way more than wakeboarding or BMX!!!!! and I can do it when I am "Old fart" but for now, I enjoy BMX, wakeBoards, Bass fishing and all the bikinis I see at the lake.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Mike, im down to ride. im also a weekday rider. And im pretty sure im not a dork
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Walt, that's awesome. I bet while Boardstock was going on, Mike was fishing for bass.

Mike, LOL. Kills it on a board and a bike but geez, a fisherman? Don't tell me you fish of the Mighty MC!

Mitch, beware of Mike's double (triple) ups and be sure you don't land in some farmers field. I think he and Brady had to paddle about 6 million miles one day.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
i heard that mike is such a good fishermen he doesn't need a fishing poll. he just grabs them with his hands.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Steve, that would be a funny site to see me hitting a triple up on my skate
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hey mike i ll send you a PM but im pretty sure im not a dork i think i can handle 2500 lbs ofg ballast and i have gas money. Let me know if you gotta spot next time you ride!