Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 12:24 PM Reply   
I love it

https://youtu.be/UacG9sh0INc
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-05-2018, 12:46 PM Reply   
Yep great looking wall, it will be impossible to get over unless you have access to a ladder and some rope. Actually, you could just get by with just the rope.
Billion dollar wall vs. $20 rope. While we're at it got any investment advice? I was thinking of burning down my house to deal with a mosquito that got in.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
It is a solar power plant though so that's really neat!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 1:18 PM Reply   
Plhorn; if you use that Logic “a $20 rope or ladder” and your over the wall. That’s like saying Why lock the doors in your home or have a security system when someone can pick up a rock for FREE and throw it threw your window and let them selfs in. IMO nothing is fool proof Nothing is perfect, everything has a side effect.

I just thought this design was pretty cool. I love the idea of the Mono rail style cars that travel on top of the wall and are electric powerd and get electricity from the wall itself. The whole thing is just a engineering marvel.” BONUS it keeps illegal aliens out of our country”
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-05-2018, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Plhorn; if you use that Logic “a $20 rope or ladder” and your over the wall. That’s like saying Why lock the doors in your home or have a security system when someone can pick up a rock for FREE and throw it threw your window and let them selfs in. IMO nothing is fool proof Nothing is perfect, everything has a side effect.

I just thought this design was pretty cool. I love the idea of the Mono rail style cars that travel on top of the wall and are electric powerd and get electricity from the wall itself. The whole thing is just a engineering marvel.” BONUS it keeps illegal aliens out of our country”
It isn't an engineering marvel, we've had monorails since 1825. BONUS it keeps illegals that don't own rope out of the country, it does nothing. Doesn't expand our knowledge of monorails, fencing or solar panels or keep anyone out of the country. Oh and it will cost a $i%t load when our current budget plan is to head to 1.5 trillion dollars in debt.

The analogy of the security system is BS because the security system sets off an alarm and then the cops or neighbors show up. A better analogy would be keeping an open safe of money in the street with police tape around it. Only we'd have to pay Billions of dollars for the police tape.

The issue isn't that the wall isn't fool proof, it isn't anyone proof. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together can get over that thing.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 2:35 PM Reply   
Plhorn You sound very against it for what reasons?
A. It’s a moral question for you?
B. You don’t think it’s gonna stop anyone?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-05-2018, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Good, maybe you and the other Trumptards will now feel safer at night.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 3:16 PM Reply   
people in NON boarder states may see a wall as a complete waste of $. I get it. Ignorance is bliss for you guys. Keep putting your head in the sand
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Yep great looking wall, it will be impossible to get over unless you have access to a ladder and some rope. Actually, you could just get by with just the rope.
Billion dollar wall vs. $20 rope. While we're at it got any investment advice? I was thinking of burning down my house to deal with a mosquito that got in.
You're really dumb you know nothing about illegal immigration. First, the illegals are starved and dehydrated barely able to walk at that point there is no way they are climbing walls slanted in the opposite direction. Second, they always have toddlers and little children they carry with them they are not going to be climbing anything. This wall would deter about 99% of all illegal immigration and all the drug smuggling since you can see for miles across the border. And everyone is welcome to the US legally after you complete all the paperwork and requirements nobody is welcome here illegally.

Last edited by wakeslash; 01-05-2018 at 3:42 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2018, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeslash View Post
You're really dumb you know nothing about illegal immigration. ...... This wall would deter about 99% of all illegal immigration
You know over 40% of illegal immigration are overstayers right? I think it's clear who knows nothing about illegal immigration...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-05-2018, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Plhorn You sound very against it for what reasons?
A. It’s a moral question for you?
B. You don’t think it’s gonna stop anyone?
It is an ineffective waste of money. When something costs more than the problem you are trying to fix it is a bad investment.

The country is so F'd up right now I can name 20 better things to spend money on.

As far as the moral objection, I am morally offended by wasting government money.
If you want it to work then put in a long minefield. We have a ton of minefields stockpiled, at least it would be effective.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 5:05 PM Reply   
I disagree. The money we Waste on people that should NOT even be here is huge. The wall is a project that will pay off for years to come.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 5:13 PM Reply   
Google it yourself I just did a Google and I know the number can fluctuate but it said that the US spends 113,000,000,000 per year on illegal immigrantsThat’s a hundred and thirteen billion $
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-05-2018, 5:16 PM Reply   
Grant, are you aware that illegals like the kind wakeslash has pictured in his head....
Quote:
First, the illegals are starved and dehydrated barely able to walk at that point there is no way they are climbing walls slanted in the opposite direction. Second, they always have toddlers and little children they carry with them they are not going to be climbing anything. This wall would deter about 99% of all illegal immigration and all the drug smuggling since you can see for miles across the border
.... is a thing of the past.
Today they just hop a plane. The whole "wall" thing is coming from the mind of the sixth grader in chief at the White House. Don't support a waste of your tax dollars.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ants-come-air/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 5:29 PM Reply   
Darel: So ur saying all the DACA kids flew over here? Sorry try again.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 5:37 PM Reply   
And while we are on the subject of DACA. You all realize DACA stands for Deferred Action for Children Arrivals. That’s right “Deferred Action” wow OBOZO had a fancy name for Doing Nothing or Kicking the can down the road. The OBOZO kool aid drinkers just loved this kind of stuff “Yes We Can” ! . Make up a Acronym to Cover over the fact he did nothing! And now TRUMP has to be the bad guy and send them packing. Same go’s for North Korea, Iran, the list go’s on.
How come you Acronym lovers don’t like MAGA. I think that’s a great Acronym. Makes snowflakes melt like salt!

Last edited by grant_west; 01-05-2018 at 5:39 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbassRalph View Post
You know over 40% of illegal immigration are overstayers right? I think it's clear who knows nothing about illegal immigration...
RetardedRalph this thread is about the BORDER and the WALL 99% illegal immigration across the border like the thread suggests I should have added it in because imbeciles like you cant read the thread title and don't understand what were actually talking about here.There would probably be 1 person out of a million who could climb across the wall Grant mentioned the rest would not be able to.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-05-2018, 6:29 PM Reply   
No Grant, you are right there, but by definition, that was decades ago. They were literally kids 6 months 1 year, 2,3... years old. How much control of their parents actions did they have? You are worried about DACA people? Serious? Do you know the hoops they have to jump thru to participate? These are not the rapists and drug dealers trump threatened you with. Yes, Deferred action IF you can meet the requirements. You gotta have a clean arrest record. You have to complete school. You have to go to college and work part time or work full time. They serve in the US military (Semper Fi) , they own homes here, they are settled and many speak only English. These people are EXACTLY the immigrants we want to come to the USA. Here is a bad analogy for you. Say you are 5 years old and in the car with your dad, hes drunk, he hits another car and kills a family. Should you go to jail too? Educate yourself.

When the coyotes charge $2000 or more per head to sneak across the border a $450 plane ticket starts to make a lot of sense. Quit being incited by trumps lies.

Why are you guys so quick to call people names? It makes you look immature, like trump. Libtards, RetardedRalph, Lefties, Obozo, snowflakes..... I havnt looked back but I don't see the liberals calling trumpers baby names.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Why are you guys so quick to call people names? It makes you look immature, like trump. Libtards, RetardedRalph, Lefties, Obozo, snowflakes..... I havnt looked back but I don't see the liberals calling trumpers baby names.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-05-2018, 6:51 PM Reply   
Even though I don't understand your meme (or its just not funny) I'm pretty sure you are proving my point 'slash. Do you raise your kids to act like this?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 7:19 PM Reply   
Ok Wake is correct this Thread is about a Wall. So I guess the next question should be do you think “A WALL” dosent have to be the Wall In the video it can be any wall? Think of the WALL in Game of Thrones the one that kept white walkers away. is it a effective way to stop ILLEGAL immigration. Someone said people hop on a plane? Last time I checked we had customs, and you had to provide paper work to get in this country? Sure the wall is not the only thing that’s gonna keep illegals out. We are going to need to tighten up all access points into our country. That includes going UNDER the wall. But to simply say a wall will never keep people out so don’t build one well my friend that’s what we have done and look what we have now.


Ok To Address Darel and DACA: let’s say your parents who are illegals steel a car when you are just a child. They drive it for years here in the US 20 years later they give the car they stole to you. You drive it. You get pulled over in it. The car come up stolen from 20 years ago. Your defense is MY PARENTS STOLE IT 20 YEARS AGO DONT PUNISH ME. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP DRIVING IT. Don’t punish me for somthing my parents did when I was just a child? Sorry brother I could come up with Senarios all day long, and I’m sure you could. Let’s just settle on this. You either came into this country the legal way. OR you didn’t.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-05-2018, 7:31 PM Reply   
"Your defense is MY PARENTS STOLE IT 20 YEARS AGO DONT PUNISH ME. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP DRIVING IT. Don’t punish me for somthing my parents did when I was just a child?"

You are a cold dude if you can equate driving a stolen car to a child raised in the US being booted out as an adult. It only takes imagining if you were the one brought here illegally to invoke some empathy in a normal person. So no... that's not his defense. His defense is being a human. Something you seem to know nothing about.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Even though I don't understand your meme (or its just not funny)
haha, I'm sure you don't understand it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 7:41 PM Reply   
Like I said “You can come up with scenarios & so can I All day long” let’s just agree on the fact that your either in this country legally or illegally. Now how we deal with DACA people that’s up for discussion. Personally I agree with TRUMP. NO DACA deals with out a wall!
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 8:06 PM Reply   
No point in arguing here 99 percent of people on this forum want as many illegals as possible to flood into the US heck people like fly,95sn,ralph and the rest of the crazies would love for border patrol to quit altogether and maybe just have open borders everywhere right whats the harm its costing us too much to patrol the border as it is not to talk about the wall right?

So none of you fools propose a solution yet you just criticize everyone else that does. Its a problem that needs to be addressed and no we are not going to sweep it under the rug like Obozo did.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 8:09 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=plhorn;1972991

The country is so F'd up right now I can name 20 better things to spend money on.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely good man we need more safe spaces, counselors for when people step into reality and are offended and don't forget building more gender-neutral bathrooms, the best things to invest all our money in no doubt about it. LOL LOL LOL
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 9:08 PM Reply   
g~eeee why U keep wizzzing on Urself ??? what a waste of $$$ ,,,El Chapo builds tunnels ,,,make the wall 40 feet high...not going to help ,go after the employers who hires the illegals and take there business's.

Last edited by MooSeMan; 01-05-2018 at 9:09 PM. Reason: spelling what else
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 9:45 PM Reply   
Let’s try and put illegal immigration in terms that all of us Boaters may understand.

Think of the Boarder as the Hull of your boat. And let’s for the sake of this argument call the California/MEXICO boarder (the Transom of your boat) . So we are floating along fat dumb and happy. But the guys at the back of the boat (the boarder towns) recognize water rushing in the back of the boat. They start yelling to the rest of the people (the states) hey we got issues! We are taking on water HELP! The rest of the states they notice nothing! & are saying “hey what’s the big deal” I don’t see any water at all Carry on. The back of the boat is taking on water & it’s slumping big time. The rest of the states are staying high and dry, mean while the people at the back of the boat are saying Hey we need to patch this hole aka (build a wall) the rest of the boat is saying Why bother, water is just gonna make it in some other way you can’t keep the water out? Your foolish for trying it’s going to be to expensive to patch that hole. The Libs give lip service and say “Ok let’s try and patch this hole” (fix immigration) . BUT THEY HIRE Da Moose! (Chuck Shumer) to do it. Whell we have all seen Da Mooses “PATCH WORK” in the “This is how you fix Gell cracks” thread OMG we are all doomed!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-05-2018, 9:55 PM Reply   
Lol! I guess rain filling the boat would be equal to the Mexicans coming in via airplanes then?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 9:58 PM Reply   
Lol, this thread is getting good.
Old     (flight007)      Join Date: Mar 2016       01-05-2018, 10:26 PM Reply   
Bottom line is every American should be on board with policing our immigration laws better. In this day and age with the threat of terror so high, and the fact that we can not afford to keep paying the amount of money that illegal immigrants are costing us. I mean it doesn't take a genius to want to secure our borders and put our country and it's people as first priority. Everyone knows the only reason the democrats pretend to have such a heart for illegals is the vote. Over 90% of African Americans vote democrat. And a high percentage of Hispanics also do. The dems are simply buying votes with tax payers money. They are also pushing to have people in prison to be able to vote. Why? Because they know who the criminal element will vote for. That fact alone tells you a lot about the democrat party. And before anyone goes off on me I'm not to happy with the Republicans either. I am however a huge fan of Donald Trump. He has done more for the people of this country in a year then Obama did in 8. And that is with 90% of the media against him, Obama left overs against him...the Hollywood elite against him, the democrats skewing every word he says and even with all that he's winning. I for one can not wait to see what he is going to accomplish in 2018.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-05-2018, 10:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight007 View Post
Bottom line is every American should be on board with policing our immigration laws better. In this day and age with the threat of terror so high, and the fact that we can not afford to keep paying the amount of money that illegal immigrants are costing us. I mean it doesn't take a genius to want to secure our borders and put our country and it's people as first priority. Everyone knows the only reason the democrats pretend to have such a heart for illegals is the vote. Over 90% of African Americans vote democrat. And a high percentage of Hispanics also do. The dems are simply buying votes with tax payers money. They are also pushing to have people in prison to be able to vote. Why? Because they know who the criminal element will vote for. That fact alone tells you a lot about the democrat party. And before anyone goes off on me I'm not to happy with the Republicans either. I am however a huge fan of Donald Trump. He has done more for the people of this country in a year then Obama did in 8. And that is with 90% of the media against him, Obama left overs against him...the Hollywood elite against him, the democrats skewing every word he says and even with all that he's winning. I for one can not wait to see what he is going to accomplish in 2018.
Right on!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2018, 10:50 PM Reply   
Flight: I agree with you on the Dems Trolling for the minority vote but check this out.
In the month of December, the unemployment rate for black Americans dropped to just 6.8 percent, which is the lowest ever recorded. Prior to this month, the previous record was 7.4 percent in 2000.
I think if the economy keeps rolling the minority vote will have more proof the Dems have done little to nothing for them in previous years except pander to them come election time and the forget about them as soon as they get elected. Hey Flash back. When trump was on the campaign trail he was telling the black community vote for me “what do you have to loose”. I was thinking WTH are you saying, but like many other things TRUMP has said they come back to play out. And before you call me a TRUMPSTER, im forever who puts America first! Letting illegals come into America by the thousands & then doing nothing but comming up with a acronym (DACA) that is basically kicking the can down the road and letting the next guy (Trump) deal with it, & all while Obozo gets a NOBEL Prise for his time behind the wheel? This is just my opinion, Obama and carter will go down as the worst Presidents. MAGA
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2018, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Lol! I guess rain filling the boat would be equal to the Mexicans coming in via airplanes then?
Build a dome. #MAGA
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2018, 10:39 AM Reply   
Wakelash has a point: If you guys are so against the wall because you say it dosent work, what are your Ideas?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2018, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Let’s try and put illegal immigration in terms that all of us Boaters may understand.

Think of the Boarder as the Hull of your boat. And let’s for the sake of this argument call the California/MEXICO boarder (the Transom of your boat) . So we are floating along fat dumb and happy. But the guys at the back of the boat (the boarder towns) recognize water rushing in the back of the boat. They start yelling to the rest of the people (the states) hey we got issues! We are taking on water HELP! The rest of the states they notice nothing! & are saying “hey what’s the big deal” I don’t see any water at all Carry on. The back of the boat is taking on water & it’s slumping big time. The rest of the states are staying high and dry, mean while the people at the back of the boat are saying Hey we need to patch this hole aka (build a wall) the rest of the boat is saying Why bother, water is just gonna make it in some other way you can’t keep the water out? Your foolish for trying it’s going to be to expensive to patch that hole. The Libs give lip service and say “Ok let’s try and patch this hole” (fix immigration) . BUT THEY HIRE Da Moose! (Chuck Shumer) to do it. Whell we have all seen Da Mooses “PATCH WORK” in the “This is how you fix Gell cracks” thread OMG we are all doomed!
Hey G. My compliments to you! This has to be some of your best work. Man you are killing me. You are one pretty damn funny dude and I just want to drink beers and listen to you BS (in a good way, I'm not being sarcastic). But...back to immigration. @ slash, you seem to think this an all or nothing situation, its not.

Quote:
No point in arguing here 99 percent of people on this forum want as many illegals as possible to flood into the US heck people like fly,95sn,ralph and the rest of the crazies would love for border patrol to quit altogether and maybe just have open borders everywhere right whats the harm its costing us too much to patrol the border as it is not to talk about the wall right?
Fact #1, Obozo was deporting 400,000 immigrants per year.
Fact #2, no one, zero, none of the people here are calling for "open borders".
Can we agree on that? ^^^
Can you quit exaggerating in your responses?


Quote:
So none of you fools propose a solution yet you just criticize everyone else that does. Its a problem that needs to be addressed and no we are not going to sweep it under the rug like Obozo did.
He didn't.
The trend of illegal border crossings is going down partly because its easier and cheaper to fly in and because the economy took a big hit in 08. There are less jobs available so they don't come in the number that they did in 70's...80's...2000's...Plus the "trump factor" is a benefit, it scares a good chunk away. In the back of my mind I also think its a big deal for you guys partly because trump makes it a big deal. Its what he does, how he operates. So, I don't believe it is as big a problem as it has been in the previous decades.
I think we should be spending our tax dollars on
1. hiring more and better trained Border Patrol agents, lots more.
2. More technology such as drones, night vision, radar....whatever it takes. I believe we can cover more ground with less expense thru technology than physical walls.
3. More education, Let them know if they come thru backdoor (transom ^^), you are screwed. Educate on the right way to immigrate. Offer a path. We need the labor, we win too. Its why i have a Mexican gardener and house cleaner.
4. We should reward the DACA people for doing everything they can to be good citizens, yeah maybe a 10 year path to citizenship.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-06-2018, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I think we should be spending our tax dollars on
1. hiring more and better trained Border Patrol agents, lots more.
2. More technology such as drones, night vision, radar....whatever it takes. I believe we can cover more ground with less expense thru technology than physical walls.
No, we do not need more border patrol agents your just risking more human lives, Your not out there in the 120-degree desert exchanging shots with the cartels while being dehydrated. We need a structure to protect them. We already have radar,night vision and its not doing scat for us. Time to build the wall everyone's tired of this.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2018, 6:26 PM Reply   
When I saw the Demo Video. It showed boarder agents in the small trams going back & forth one graphic said it could take “visitor or tourist commercial” traffic. Hey have you guys seen the guys that ride in the Choppers & hog hunt! Blasting Hogs from The air. What if we armed the trams so that “visitor’s” could pay to ride in the trams & shoot at Cartel & people trying to cross. (We create an No go zone “Gaza Strip” style ) if your in that zone fair game. Yes drones and other items would also work great. Preadator Drones with Stingers LOL LOL LOL
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-06-2018, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
When I saw the Demo Video. It showed boarder agents in the small trams going back & forth one graphic said it could take “visitor or tourist commercial” traffic. Hey have you guys seen the guys that ride in the Choppers & hog hunt! Blasting Hogs from The air. What if we armed the trams so that “visitor’s” could pay to ride in the trams & shoot at Cartel & people trying to cross. (We create an No go zone “Gaza Strip” style ) if your in that zone fair game. Yes drones and other items would also work great. Preadator Drones with Stingers LOL LOL LOL
Lmao, this would be awesome make some money from it, Lol i have watched my share of youtube vids of wild hogs getting sniped out of helicopters it's awesome maybe someday...... Only problem is all the SJW snowflakes would die if they heard of that happening.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2018, 9:08 PM Reply   
Food Stamp enrollment down by 2 Million under TRUMP.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...million-trump/
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-06-2018, 10:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
And everyone is welcome to the US legally after you complete all the paperwork and requirements nobody is welcome here illegally.
Do you really believe this? This isn't any where near the truth. It is hard to come to the US and they are very strict. I have a friend at who immigrated here from Russia, she is a work professional with a nice six figure income.

Her sister cannot get a visa. Why, because her sister doesn't make enough money in Russia so they think she may come here and then not leave because she has family here. Having family in the US counts against you if you are poor. We aren't talking about her wanting to immigrate. We are talking about her wanting to visit for a couple weeks.

My dad's visa was initially denied for the same reason. Because I lived here he needed to provide proof that he wasn't going to stay. Luckily he has a fairly successful business that he was able to provide documentation for to prove he wouldn't be hanging around.

Now if you want to talk about actual immigration. That's much harder. That's not just paper work, you have to have a reason to come here to work on a permanent basis (highly skilled in some field, transfer within a multinational company).

It's not like all these people risking their lives to cross the border are doing it because they are too lazy to fill out some paperwork. They are doing it because they don't have any options.

As for the border wall, I'm against it on a basic cost benefit basis. I personally don't believe the benefit is there to building the wall and I personally believe it will never be built because everyone knows this. It's just a tool used to appeal to those who want less immigration. Maybe building walls in certain places would help but a wall across the whole US/Mexico border doesn't appear practical.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-06-2018, 10:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Food Stamp enrollment down by 2 Million under TRUMP.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...million-trump/
Do you know what that article fails to mention. It fails to mentions why enrollment is down.

I'll tell you why about half is because of the economy, this following the basic trend we have been seeing since 2012. The other half is because the requirements were changed and people who used to qualify now don't.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-06-2018, 11:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
What if we armed the trams so that “visitor’s” could pay to ride in the trams & shoot at Cartel & people trying to cross. (We create an No go zone “Gaza Strip” style ) if your in that zone fair game. Yes drones and other items would also work great. Preadator Drones with Stingers LOL LOL LOL
What was the point of this statement. Is this really what you believe? Are you just trying to get a ride out of the libtards? Or do you just believe that these people are sub human.

I'm not against shooting members of the cartel, it's the 'people trying to cross' comment.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2018, 10:08 AM Reply   
Paul : preadators with stingers was a joke kind of like Dr Evil sharks with Laser beams. Ok now with that all cleard up, Paul good point about the missing info on why I To was intrested in why? Was the economy better? Are there less people here? Is government Cheese bad? WHATEVER the cause is it’s great. I might even have to tip my hat to Obama. One artical I saw ( now I can’t find it) said Obama administration made people asking for food stamps have to give up “extra information” to qualify for the program. This extra info made people that were here illegal targets for ICE now that Trumps the new Sheriff. The artical claimed that illegals were not applying for food stamps because they didn’t want to trigger a ICE visit. WINNING! MAGA
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2018, 8:18 AM Reply   
So I have known a fair amount of illegal immigrants of the years in construction. They are all good family men and would LOVE to become a citizen as well as their family. What if there was a way, where a person who has been here, lets say 5 years, could apply for citizenship and pay per the years they have been here. Lets call it reverse tax or something like that. It would allow people to become citizens that are already here, allow for some tax income to the country and than get them on standard payroll. I am not saying everybody would jump on this, but it would solve the solution for thousands. So lets say a guy has been here 10 year illegally. He has worked 6 days aw week (under the table) and raised his family here. We say ok for $1000 (obviously in payments) a year in the rears, you and your family can become citizens. You will than need to follow our rules or paying payroll taxes, school fees, etc like every other American, but you do not have to fear being kicked out of the country at any moment. I as an employer would LOVE to be able to add a dozen of these guys to my team, but can not risk having an employee being paid under the table. It would greatly help the labor pool, which is lacking. Just a thought...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-08-2018, 10:52 AM Reply   
If they are already here and productive members of society, without criminal backgrounds, then they should be allowed to become citizens.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 11:10 AM Reply   
I had to Laugh, Ann Coulter says Let’s START by deporting DACA people first. She says DACA people are the MOST annoying illegals, DACA people are protesting & demonstrating in the streets & demanding amnesty all while hard-working illegal aliens are friendly & busy hard at work. I saw in another artical she said Let’s get the annoying DACA people and then go after the MS-13, WOW! That’s interesting she see’s violent MS-13 gang members as less annoying then DACA. I had to laugh because I thought” She has a point! “ LOL you don’t see MS-13 gang members protesting in front of government buildings holding signs demanding that the US hurry’s up and grants them citizenship .
http://www.breitbart.com/immigration...-the-dreamers/
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-08-2018, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Food Stamp enrollment down by 2 Million under TRUMP.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...million-trump/
You keep reading breitbart and it keeps making you dumber. What the article fails to mention is any semblance of reality:
taken from the government food stamp site:

here's the data as of January 5, 2018
no of people households per person benefit per household benefit
FY 2018 45,641,674 22,114,761 145.17 299.61
FY 2017 42,137,785 20,870,577 125.99 254.38
FY 2016 44,219,363 21,777,938 125.40 254.61
FY 2015 45,766,672 22,522,261 126.81 257.69

looks like the biggest drop was in Obama's last year then it continued going down and is now back up to almost 2015 levels.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/suppleme...e-program-snap

I keep telling you that Breitbart is lying to you and just telling you what you want to hear but you keep reading it anyways....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 1:36 PM Reply   
Plhorn: 100% Honesty. If the number of people OFF food stamps was highest under Obama then that’s great. Any true American, Republican or Democrat should be happy for America when Un Employment is low and the Economy is doing well regardless of who is at the wheel. BTW did you see that Black Unemployment is at a all time low. 6% under TRUMP, but wait I’m sure Obama had somthing to do with that as well, and I’m just being fed a bunch of Lies from Breitbart, I choose what media I want to be lied to from I think CBS is one of the biggest mis leading news sites but I never see you complaining about the BS they push. O well, alternitave facts LOL
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-08-2018, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Plhorn: I choose what media I want to be lied to from I think CBS is one of the biggest mis leading news sites but I never see you complaining about the BS they push. O well, alternitave facts LOL
I don't listen to CBS either; I only check Reuters, BBC or LeMonde. If you want to actually read the truth you have to get your news from non-profit based sources (usually outside of the US).
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 3:20 PM Reply   
Oooo so your letting Forgin New sources like the BBC or the Frogs tell us what’s going on in the US. Now that’s Rich! LOL all joking aside I understand what your saying, and just to keep it real I don’t need the News to tell me what’s going on. I watch the news as a form of entertainment, in all honesty most news forgin and domestic is about as real as “The Real House Wives shows” Netflix is a much better use of your time BTW check out Mindhunter it’s good!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2018, 4:12 PM Reply   
Mindhunter is rad, really enjoyed it
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2018, 4:52 PM Reply   
$278K spent protecting the prototypes. Why? Isnt that the whole point? ...so you don't have to patrol.
https://patch.com/california/imperia...iego-taxpayers

BTW, DACA people are protesting because they are being threatened by the trump administration.
29 states that voted for legal marijuana are also protesting the trump administration, The people have voted, they don't want to go back to the 70's. Why wont they change the schedule 1 rule?
Every state that has a beach and oceans are protesting because the administration is threatening going back to oil drilling in the ocean. Another throw back to the 70's. Cant this administration move forward? Its 2018.
Gee, why all the protests? Ann Coulter? Please, racist slut.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 5:18 PM Reply   
Hummm? Well IMO if your a citizen of the US you have every right to protest. It’s diffrent when your NOT a citizen of this country and your protesting in front of government buildings etc. Did you know in the “The list of DONTS when it comes to Mexico” in Mexico your NOT allowed to protest or demonstrate against the government If your Not a Mexican citizen. Makes total sence to me. Hey what’s good for the Goose right?

As far as Ann Coulter being as you called her a “Racist SLUT” ! Do you have any proof on either accusation? Or is it just because she is a woman you assume she is a slut! “How progressive of you”
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2018, 6:21 PM Reply   
What makes you think i don't "know" ann?

That's why we are the USA and not Mexico. I always tell people," don't compare your self with losers. '" if you do you will only be slightly better than a loser. Compare yourself with winners, you accomplish more. If you demonstrate against the govt in mexico the govt kills you, just one of the reasons rational people leave. We are better. BTW, the DACA people held up their end of the deal, its the Gov't who is reneging. There was no problem until trump rescinded the policy because....well...because Obama initiated the policy. He had no other reason. He has a serious jealousy or boner for the black guy who smoked him in votes, popularity, brains... hand size
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferr...dhood_Arrivals
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 6:27 PM Reply   
Hey D who should we compare ourself s with?

THIS IS THE BEST PLACE IN ENTIRE WORLD. We don’t compare with anyone! MERICA! LoL

Don’t believe me? People VOTE with their feet every year. America is the most wanted Visa/citizenship in the world! Only other place even close is. Monaco, Guess what NO TAX in Monaco!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2018, 6:32 PM Reply   
True that, others should compare to us if they want to be better.
We don't need to compare ourselves with anyone, we are the Gold Standard of the world.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2018, 6:45 PM Reply   
Story from work that is somewhat relevant.....

I work for a large food manufacturing plant - every year during "harvest" we shut down our main production lines to move the headcount to help with receiving in the fresh crop. This year we decided we were going to run the lines to keep up with demand + a new production line I had just commissioned .... to do this we had to bring in temp workers.

The town I live in should have a lot of blue-collar folks who could work (recently large paper mill shutdowns left a lot of people without work).... the local temp agencies gave us whatever they had (~10 people - all white males) but it wasn't enough.... so we had to look south and planned on busing in ~45 folks from Texas to help (all Hispanic).

The guy who manages the harvest area is as far Right-Wing as it gets --- Trump or Die stickers on his truck, wants the wall 10 ft. higher, etc etc etc.... very vocal about how pissed he is that we are taking jobs away from "local folks" (white people); despite the temp agencies being out of people.

Four business days into the harvest EVERY single one of the local white dudes had not shown up, walked out, or refused to do the job because they "had disabilities" without having the proper paperwork to prove that. The remaining 3.5 weeks was 100% staffed by the folks from Texas working extra hours because the White dudes all flaked on us.... not one complaint, not one per son was late, and everyone showed every single day.

..... after harvest was over the dude who manages that area swallowed his pride and said, "If that wall goes up, this country is screwed" ..... and "metaphorically" he is right. We NEEEEED an immigrant work force in the USA.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hey D you had me at “GOLD STANDARD” LOL you realize “gold standard” is a Clinton reference. You my friend are a real piece of work! LOL
Nick I hear ya and that kind of backs up Darrel’s so called “SLUT’s ” point! That These migrant workers your talking about are hard working good people that are not demanding $hit. They are not protesting & saying give me anything?

Last edited by grant_west; 01-08-2018 at 7:16 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2018, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
These migrant workers your talking about are hard working good people that are not demanding $hit.
And that's kinda the issue in a nutshell, the vast majorityof these people are like that but if you listen to Drumpf they are all rapists and murders. It's that kind of mindless bigotry which makes people demand a wall to keep them out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 10:23 PM Reply   
Ralph: your wrong, I have heard trump say what you talked about. Trump said one thing but you Heard or Have been told different. What I heard TRUMP talk about was talking about a border wall to STOP ALL Illegal immigration good & bad. Yes he said Murders & Rapists are comming across. And guess what! Its 100% TRUE. Are they all? of corse not! Did you need me to tell you that or could you figure it out on your own? I’m sure you knew exactly just like me what he meant but your chooseing to burp up what the left is pushing. TRUMP racist! TRUMP Facist! If wanting all people coming into the US to do it legally makes you a Racist then count me in as one. Mexico has been known to empty their over crowed jails and give the prisoners a ride to the border and say BY BY. If you don’t think Mexico dumps their trash over the boarder then you really are detached. Do they post this info on MSNBC or CBS or what ever news agency you prescribe to? NO. Go talk to boarder patrol people they will tell you straight up. Even if you were fed the truth. Would that change your mind? Nope I didn’t think so. You would still protest to a wall. That’s cool I understand and that’s why I think the way I do and you the way you do. It’s all good.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2018, 6:53 AM Reply   
Nick's scenario actually hit right on the issue with our current illegal immigration problem. His boss needed to hire some illegals, but can't just go down to the local Home Depot to pick some up and pay cash under the table. He then has to cover that up with the IRS and also has the whole moral dilemma that he's just done the unthinkable for someone with his political leanings. But what to do? He still has this problem so he goes and hires a "temp agency" to hire the illegals and sub them out to him as needed. Now all is well in his moral world because hey, he didn't hire illegals right? He can also pass the buck on the whole IRS issue and let the "temp agency" deal with that.

My question is what has the "temp agency" done to circumvent the tax laws? These are obviously illegal workers. How are they getting them paid legally and paying taxes on that income? Nick's boss is in the clear, but how are these guys? This is the heart of the problem. These loopholes need to be closed. If you choke off their ability to get paid, I can assure you that the illegal immigration problem will work itself out, no wall needed. With the money train derailed, the stations will be empty.

Sure there will always be a fair amount of illegal house cleaners and lawn care professionals, but these are hard working people not causing any problems. The problem is the farmers and business owners that choose to hire an entirely illegal workforce under the guise of not breaking any laws. After all, they're just using the system that's already in place. Who can blame them? The system is what's broken and a wall won't fix it.

My lawn care professional actually owns a home in my small, gated, country club community. He does just about every lawn in the community. There is no question in my mind that he is here in some way illegally. He's crew is most certainly here illegally. He can't speak a word of English so I can't just flat out ask him. His wife speaks enough to handle the invoicing and such for his business. My question is this, how did this cat get a mortgage? Someone obviously gave him one. This is not a cheap house or area by any means and he has one of the nicest homes in the neighborhood. He's obviously paying things like property taxes and the like, but how? To be clear, I like the guy and have no problems with him being here cutting my grass, but if you want to get rid of illegals, you have to close up the ways that they get paid and pay things like taxes on homes when they don't have paperwork. As it is right now, everyone just looks the other way and passes the buck on to the next guy hoping he'll do something, but nobody ever does or will because who the F wants to cut their own grass, pick their own veggies, or clean their own toilet. I know I don't.

Last edited by stanfield; 01-09-2018 at 7:00 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 7:20 AM Reply   
Why does everyone try to relate the problem with illegal immigration into these small personal experiences? 12 million in the country illegally, that's the size of LA or Chicago, an entire megacity of illegals if you were to put them in one area. Not only does the labor come, their families come, then their cousins & other distant relatives. Crime goes through the roof in most areas, schools go to ****. They bring disease cause no one gets vaxed, they bring roaches & bed bugs with their furniture. Then you have California liberals who support the illegals in their state then bitch if they move to close to their neighborhoods & want them elsewhere. We do have a labor issue with reg Americans refusing to do manual lab or but no where near the numbers of illegals in the country. The fact of the matter is the majority in the country illegally aren't good working folk & because of this myopic view that it's good the problem ones don't get deported. Among the ones that work are plenty of criminals in their free time, rapists, molesters & things that are the norm where they come from. They have an entire underground network with ID's available, birth certificates, social security numbers & anyone claiming to hire illegals knows damn well that's true. My mothers job as a social worker is to investigate fraud & deal with the illegal population since she lives in farm country. A liberal who supported the illegals has changed her tune & the stories she tells are alarming & ignored. Illegal immigration is a major problem that goes FAR beyond "needing labor".
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2018, 7:26 AM Reply   
What a well thought out post. Thank you for pointing out that "illegal immigration is a major problem," I'm not sure anybody had figured that out yet.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2018, 7:49 AM Reply   
"they bring roaches & bed bugs with their furniture"

OMG! Right after we finally got rid of all those bugs.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-09-2018, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
True that, others should compare to us if they want to be better.
We don't need to compare ourselves with anyone, we are the Gold Standard of the world.
By what measure are we the gold standard. We rank in the 20's in education. Our child mortality rate is right next to Somalia's. The immigration requests is ranked number 8. Switzerland is number 1 and they are tiny.
Other than the amount of weapons, tell me ONE thing that the US is the best at today. We used to be number 1 not any more. GDP per capita we are ranked number 20. The only reason we are number 1 in the Tech sector is because of H1B visa's. Amazon and Google are filled up with the smartest immigrants.

Whenever I hear people say "USA, is the best country" I think about a teacher telling the retarded kid in class that he's doing a GREAT job!


http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking (US ranked #17)
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking (US ranked #7)

And before you say if you don't like it hear you can leave. No I can't I have my job, familly, and friends here and I don't want to leave I want the US to quit kissing it's own a$$ and work on climbing the rankings. Show me someone who thinks he's the best and I will show you someone who isn't trying to get any better.

Last edited by plhorn; 01-09-2018 at 8:05 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"they bring roaches & bed bugs with their furniture"

OMG! Right after we finally got rid of all those bugs.
They weren't in Colorado till the last 5 years. I never had roaches in my apartment in MN till the seasonal workers took it over. It's always funny to hear from stooges like you who don't have to live with the problem so it's not a problem for you but one everyone else will have to deal with.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
What a well thought out post. Thank you for pointing out that "illegal immigration is a major problem," I'm not sure anybody had figured that out yet.
Clearly most haven't' figured it out or so many, including you, wouldn't be so supportive of it. Where's your faux rage when Obozo kicked out the Cubans & ended the program that allowed the ones who escaped to stay & sent them back? No? Your progressive news outlets didn't tell you how to feel on the issue? They're less human? You're just a brainwashed sheep.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2018, 9:12 AM Reply   
I honestly don't know what you're on about. The 2 states I've lived in are CA and TX so I've spent my entire life around far more illegals than most. I'm agreeing with you that it's a problem and I offered the way that I feel it should be addressed (going after the business owners that pay them vs a stupid wall).

Your above rant offered nothing to the discussion other than you pointing out that illegal immigration is a problem (lol no **** sherlock), that most a criminals, and that they bring bugs with them.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2018, 9:17 AM Reply   
Also the whole anti-vaccination thing here was a bunch of privileged white people actin' the fool.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
I honestly don't know what you're on about. The 2 states I've lived in are CA and TX so I've spent my entire life around far more illegals than most. I'm agreeing with you that it's a problem and I offered the way that I feel it should be addressed (going after the business owners that pay them vs a stupid wall).

Your above rant offered nothing to the discussion other than you pointing out that illegal immigration is a problem (lol no **** sherlock), that most a criminals, and that they bring bugs with them.
12 million illegals in the country, a fraction of that are "employed". Going after the employers will do very little. Shutting off the public assistance will have a deeper impact & the "stupid wall" will help cut down on the million plus that cross the border every year. You math bro? A million a year. It ain't the employment the vast majority come for
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
Also the whole anti-vaccination thing here was a bunch of privileged white people actin' the fool.
What? It's the illegals that come without being vaccinated or ever getting vaccinated once here. I know there are moron white people with their anti vaxer movement. The difference you can't register your white kid for school without vaccinations or a lot of paper proving some sort of religious crap. The illegals get to walk right in without ever being vaccinated cause political correctness. My kids school went **** in a year, they'd come home every day complaining they can't get **** done cause they got stuck with some Mexican kid next to them that can't speak English, wouldn't learn English, wouldn't do their school work & expected the white kids to do it for them. Their education suffered cause the teacher had to do everything twice, make accommodations for the new kids & now the school is a **** hole & I am so glad they are out of that place.

Last edited by racer808; 01-09-2018 at 9:30 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2018, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
It's always funny to hear from stooges like you who don't have to live with the problem so it's not a problem for you but one everyone else will have to deal with.
Yeah, no roaches in Florida.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-09-2018, 9:34 AM Reply   
"It ain't the employment the vast majority come for"

LOL WUT?

Sounds like you live in a real swell part of the country. I'd probably work on that first.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Yeah, no roaches in Florida.
Did you miss the MN part, Mouth of Wisdom? Florida is toilet bowl of the USA anyway
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
"It ain't the employment the vast majority come for"

LOL WUT?

Sounds like you live in a real swell part of the country. I'd probably work on that first.
Should probably gather facts first instead of your assumptions.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2018, 10:57 AM Reply   
Why people come illegally here is diffrent for ever single person. To say “They Come here for this “insert your reason” is foolish.
But I agree removing the revenue source’’ and the gravy train benefits will stem the flow. I agree stoping illegal imagration Its not just about “building a Wall” it has to be in conjunction with other Stop Fails & Do Not Pass Go! Laws. I think things like sanctuary cities only encourage illegal immigration. Here is how Israell does it. And guess what a BIG A$$ WALL is #1 on the list LOL

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...israels-model/

Last edited by grant_west; 01-09-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-09-2018, 11:08 AM Reply   
Trump just said the Wall will come with a "bill of love", so there you go libtards, he loves them.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2018, 12:06 PM Reply   
Wait what? Aren't Mexico paying for the wall? Ha ha
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/u...veillance.html
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2018, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
You know over 40% of illegal immigration are overstayers right? I think it's clear who knows nothing about illegal immigration...
I'm sure this percentage is higher than 40% but even with that it is sure to increase with a wall being built, and I'm sure Trump, the stable genius, hasn't thought this all the way through.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:48 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us