Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-10-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey guys, so I am finally comfortable hammering out whirlys on the tramp.. My question is, what can I expect comming to the water. I know it is going to different, but should I be able to get around quicker due to the whip of the boat/ or is it harder? Should I be able to come close at all?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-12-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
make sure your tantrum is high and clean. Take some video and really look at what you are doing on the tramp. I have seen people spin right off the mat and think it will work like that on the lake. Everything is harder behind the boat! Good luck and have fun
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-13-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
ahaha i have concord the whirly on the tramp and i can say i have tried it behind the boat tons of times and everytime i kinda spin out the back door bc of the pop, do the rotation and barley nose dip on the landing.... but listen to scott bc having a high tantrum is so important... so before you try to hit the trip try some really poppy tanrums and just go for it.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-15-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
so are you saying if I am coming off the wake spinning Im not gonna make it? Im pretty sure thats how I am doing them on the tramp.. seems like I read an article in WB mag that said right after you leave, to get your bicep across your face and roll your shoulders.. initiating the spin
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-18-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
You got it right after not on and dont use your feet to start the spin
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-20-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
pop straight up then do it.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Alright guys, here are a few crappy ones on the tramp.. Im sure the form isnt correct, but I just about think I am going to have to try it on water to move on from where Im at. We are taking out the boat tommorow for the first ride of the season, so hopefully if I can get the sac to try it, Ill have some vid of some sort of an attempt on mon.. holla

http://www.blackwaterrydas.com/whirlytramp.mov

Right click/save target as
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Please don't try that on the lake for your sake! You are spinning before you leave the tramp (watch your feet). You have tons of slack in the line. Both of these will yield huge crashes on the lake. Work on doing a tantrum with the line tight on the tramp first. Once you get that good. Move on to the whirly but make sure the spin is coming from the handle once you are in the air not on the mat. The timing of this is hard for most people don't let it get you down. remember almost all tricks in wakeboarding are UP then trick
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-03-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
im not sure if i would try it yet on the water either i could whirly 5 really easlily on the tramp before i could whirly on the water
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-04-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
dude dont try that on the lake your form is so insanely wrong you cant be spinning off the wake like that. Listen to Scott. BTW dont mean to be a dick but yeah those were messed up.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
make sure to pop high. take a big tantrum up before you initiate the spin... you almost want to create a little slack when you pop.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-25-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
also, keep that handle really close.... do not let it out!