Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-03-2003, 2:03 AM Reply   
Anyone know roughly how long ot will take to fill a fat seat with a rule 1100 pgh pump? These pumps are the only real option for me as I'm in the UK and they are fairly cheap.

I was thinking of mounting the pump flat on the hull floor and tee into the water intake and then run the pipe along the rear and into the fat seat.
Any thoughts?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-04-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
I am doing the same thing, but I mounted the pump vertically in a second through hull in my boat. In most cases, the inlet pump will prime because of the pressure from the displacement of the hull, but if you mount it vertically it will prime more reliably. It takes about 10-14 minutes to fill completely.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-05-2003, 2:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice.
I'll try to mount vertically. Don't want to drill another hole unless I have to, would prefer to tee into raw water intake.
10-14 minutes is fine as it takes that for me to load up and drive slowly through our harbour.
Will also be fitting a small tank up front to bring the bow down a little, probably a 5 - 10 gallon water tank.
Old    skippyh2o            03-05-2003, 11:44 PM Reply   
Be very careful. If you "t" into the raw water side you could potentially get an air pocket from the pump and burn up your impeller... I would sacrafice the extra hole for a burnt up engine. As for the 1100 GPH thing.---> 1100GPH divided by 60 minutes equals 18.3gal per minute. 500lbs divide 8lbs/gal= 62.5gals. Thus 62.5gal divide 18.3gal per minute= around 4 minutes to fill a 500lb sac. Is that right? SKIP

(Message edited by skippyh2o on March 05, 2003)
Old    doubleup1080            03-15-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
Yes, that seems correct. You could probably shave off even more time if you use thicker hose or shorter hose length. I don't know if the 1100gph rating is with the hose or w/o.