Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
Please help!! My boat came up missing on thursday. If you know anything or see this boat please call the sheriff department asap!! Boat was taken from my hoist. THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!!!

Upload
Upload
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Free pulls for life if found!
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-23-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
wow dude im sorry to hear that ill keep an eye out for it!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
PLEASE EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR THIS BOAT!

Myke's boat was so sick! There is only one other boat with the same colors and it's on the east coast. So if you see one that looks like this.....It's his!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-23-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
Wow, that sucks man. I can see why they stole it though, great lookin' boat.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Man do these people have balls or what? Myke, I too am very sorry to hear of this. I'm sure it will be found soon but am afraid of how it will look. I remember when Jim from Team Neptunes had his stolen and what it looked like upon return. I'm pullin for you man.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-23-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
What's up with all the theft in and around Disco Bay? I guess where there is money, the dirtbag delta rats will surface. I hope you find your boat soon in A-1 condition.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-23-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
sorry to hear that myke! that sucks so bad!

i hope someone catches these dirtbags!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
maybe its like pimp my ride, they took it, overhauled it all and will bring it back better?

prob not...but either way karma will kid the whoever took it, watch the news for the guys who got killed from buring up in boat fire, in a stolen boat
Old    Ben Kerran            02-23-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
SUX Mike, can't even imagine the feeling. Can't miss that thing, I will keep my eyes peeled
Old    walt            02-23-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
That blows. I hope you get it back.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your help! I can't even describe how bad this sux....
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
SOrry to hear man. Didn't you have it up for sale?
Old     (ripping_trends)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
I'll keep an eye out down here in SoCal. Best of luck getting your ride back!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-23-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Nooo f*****n way!
Hope they find the bastards - THats nutz.
soory about that bro.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-23-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
2 of my best buds are cops around that area and ride with me at the delt all the time. Just called them and gave them a heads up - keep an eyeout.
theyre on it.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
That sucks, I remember him needing to sell this ASAP. Hope you find it!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/523980.html?1203288713
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
shawn that looks like a fishy find to me. i hope not though.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
didnt want to be the first to say it but i thought so too scott
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Probably someone he gave a test drive to......
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-23-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Sorry Myke best of luck in finding it. I just hope you still want it after it's found.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
Yes the boat was up for sale... IN NO WAY DID I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT COMING UP MISSING!

I really appreciate that support
Old    walt            02-23-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
You guys sure jump to conclusions fast and I think that sucks.

Way to kick a guy in the teeth when he's down.

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
if i was doing an insurance job i would for sure post up it was missing... i tried to find it... i did everything i could

*not saying thats what you're doing...it sucks a lot... but if they never find it, would insurance cover that? not asking to be a dick, asking to wonder about insurance, we always leave our key in the boat and don't lock the lift... maybe we should start
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
I started running one of those krypton cables through the grab bar on the back of my boat last year when all the rip offs were going on. I'm not sure it will really stop anyone but I heard that back then when this was happening it was unlocked boats that were being jacked. Sorry to hear that though, looks like a very nice boat.

On a side note, that looks like my old lift, are you the guy that bought it from me?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
if anyone knows anything about pulling insurance job they would know that if you file a claim with the insurance company on a sunken or stolen boat the company ends up jackin your rates up so high you cant afford it or drops you after the deal is done.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Scott and Nick... You obviously don't know Myke. He would never do anything like that.

Very classy guys, very classy....
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Myke what does your speaker bar look like?? i ride the delta pretty much every day when it warms up and the speaker setup usually distinguishes one boat from another.do you have any pics of it so the next time i see a black sante on the water i can check it out.??

yeah and im sorry to here about that my bu is deffinitly getting locked up asap. what is disco coming to?
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-23-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Just to put a positive spin on this; it appears that Mike didn't think that this might come off looking as a potential insurance scam. The insurance agent is going to have the same thoughts, so probably good to be prepared for that.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-23-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Myke, that sucks so bad. I am so sorry to hear. I hope she turns up safe and sound real soon. We'll def. keep our eyes out
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Thanks andrea, walt, ant and everyone else for the support.

Anyone who knows me knows how horrible of a month I have had, and this just topped it off. Believe what you want, but I am not that type of person to do an insurance scam (never have.. never will). I have never brought it up but I bought this boat as a present to myself from a settlement that I received from a car accident that my fiance and I where involved in which took her life and almost mine, which the boat was named after her. The boat went up for sale when I decided this is a good time to buy in the real estate market.

I have no clue if I will get anything from the insurance company if it is not found. I guess at this point I'm going to have to put my fist up and fight, since people who don't know me have no idea what kind of person I am, that I had nothing to do with it being taken... which disgust me
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
What a drag to hear about someone's boat being ripped off. I've considered installing an alarm in mine for this very reason.

Since it was a Nautique, I'm wondering how someone bypasses their push button ignition system...... I thought this was a security feature in itself. Guess it's been hacked now.

Hope you find it in good shape.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Myke I was not saying you had anything to do with your boat coming up missing. I said I hoped not. It just looks fishy. I know of a few boats that came up missing and it seems they end up on a private lake with a different paint scheme. I know that sometimes good people know a few bad ones and often those bad ones try to help out without consent. I am not even on a private lake and I think only 2 wakeboats out of the 15 or even currently registered. I know they don't have #s. In case any of you are wondering mine has #s and all the paper work but I had a chance to buy the same boat for 10k less without papers.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
we put a motion detector from radio shack in our boat... if it moves of detects movement (duh) a buzz goes off.... it's just a piece of mine
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-23-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
Mike I'm really sorry to hear about you loosing your fiance, I couldn't imagine living with that. I really hope you get your boat buddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-23-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
Good luck Myke. My brother lost his fiance in a car accident in 96. Things have been rough since, but time moves on. I look at his two young kids and those shi%%y times seem to melt away. Good luck and take care.
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
Mike Sorry to hear about your Boat. Hope you get it back and in the same condition. Good Luck
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-24-2008, 12:34 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear, I'll keep an eye out.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       02-24-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
we will have our eyes open in the central valley,
hope it turns up,nice boat gunna be hard to hide.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-24-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
This really sux, but is an unfortunatel fact about keeping your boat at Discovery Bay. Over the past 25 years since we have had a home there I have heard of probably 10 or so missing/stolen boats.

My brother-in-laws X-30 was taken from the marina dock one night. The boat was found about a week later by a fisherman. The thiefs had ran it aground out by river's end.

The neighbors jet'ski's were pulled off his hoist and towed away.

I have even heard about people watching their boats get stolen. It happens so quick and it's rare to be left with something to chase them with.

My guess it that it is floating or beached somewhere as far as whatever gas in the tank would take them. The X30 just needed a new prop and stereo when they got it back.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-24-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
sure they didnt repo the wrong boat ?????? i have heard of it happening !!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Sorry for your loss Mike. If the boat is insured you may be better off not getting it back.

I have always wanted a webcam at my dock. I may need to look into that and a recorder if I get a new boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
"If the boat is insured you may be better off not getting it back."

I'd agree with that. Mike, sorry to hear about this and feel bad for you. Lets all hope someone could be caught. Unlikely, but I always hope for it.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-24-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
they must have had some kind of trailer to get it out of the water huh? where can you just find a trailer to fit the boat?

and eventually they will bet a safety check out on you boat when having a good time and they will run the identification and insurance and get caught i imagine. i cant see how they would be able to get away with it for too long??
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
William, in this neck of the woods, they steal them, strip them, then beach them. No trailers, no vin numbers, no problems.

I'd be suprised if the boat did not turn up. That's why I repeated that it might be better if they didn't find it, it'd suck to deal with the repairs.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       02-25-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
Myke,

That more than suck man. I will for sure keep an eye out for it. Same type of thing happened to Neptune audio a few years back. They did get it back but it had been banging against the rock for a while when they had found it. Stripped and thrashed.

Bill,

It is advertised by Nautique as a security measure but the master code to override is floating out there a lot by their own fault. I have never owned one but I tried it out on my buddies and sure enough it started right up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
Nooooooooo!!!

Holy crap. Good luck Myke. First time I've seen something like this happen.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-25-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Your insurance will cover it. I bought a brand new moomba lsv in 2006. I had it for 2 months and it was stolen. That is the worst feeling in the world in your stomach looking out and seeing your boat gone. Anyways insurance came through. However I did learn my lessons about buying new boats and bought a older boat. I cant belive how fast new boats Depreciate.
Old     (rzrich)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Good luck Myke.

Scott - why wouldn't you report this????

"I am not even on a private lake and I think only 2 wakeboats out of the 15 or even currently registered. I know they don't have #s. In case any of you are wondering mine has #s and all the paper work but I had a chance to buy the same boat for 10k less without papers"
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-25-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Ah man.... Sorry to hear it Myke. Hopefully you'll get the rig back or get taken care of by the insurance company.

There's nothing I hate more than vandals and thiefs. Some people just have no respect.

I'll keep my eyes open for sure.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-25-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Just to throw a question out there to all boat owners... Has anyone considered or currently using a GPS tracking for your boats? There is a newer system out that will alert you on your cell phone if your boat is tampered with or moves more than a few feet. You can then trace it to a location from your phone or computer. You can even activate starter kill, sirens, lighting or anything else you can think of from your phone. What do you guys think?
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Ben,
Can you post some info on that GPS system please.
Thanks.

(Message edited by LITTLETNA on February 25, 2008)
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
lo jack has units for rv's, boats etc.
Old     (rcogrady)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Dude WOW WTF, Good luck in your search.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
damn i didnt know they were stealing boats to strip them. must be a pretty good size lake. man i hope it turns out well for ya.. good luck
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-25-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Kevin- Give me a call and I can give you the full update or go to http://www.c3autopageusa.com/ .

GHatfield - Lojack can work on anything that you want it to but it is not as affective as the C3. Lojack is only activated after you report the boat or vehicle missing. This doesn't do much good if you are away from home for hours at a time or away from where the boat is kept for days to months at a time. Once it is activated the LoJack emits a RF signal that is only received if in range of a tower or police car that happens to have the equipment to detect it.
The C3 can alert as many phones as you want to pair with it when the boat is tampered with or moved. C3 operates off the 3G network with a SIM card in addition to a GPS antenna that can be mounted anywhere in the boat or car. C3's primary use is for vehicles but nothing is stopping us from using it in boats. Just about anything is possible with the unit. If you sum it up the C3 is a security system with unlimited range, GPS tracking and outputs for your imagination (Remote start, starter disable, train horn activation, light flash, self destruct.

If any of you guys want to test the program I can send it to you as a text message to your phone. This will give you a demo version that doesn't cost you anything. Let me know.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
there has been alot of theft activity in disco lately. this past weekend a friend of mine had their car stolen from their driveway saturday night. no broken glass. had to be a somewhat professional job to hotwaire the truck after opening the door with no keys.

a few weeks ago there was a lady that had a (pardon the racial sound of this) black kid in mid teens come to her door asking to come in and talk with her about somethin he was selling or somethin, she said no and about 10 people rushed the door, hit the lady and knocked her down and then robbed the house.

the problem is is that disco is a rich town, with only 2 cops on patrol, right in the middle of 2 ghettos, antioch and stockton. damn hoodlums messing with our safe quiet town. im about ready to go down and buy a shotgun. a little bit of buckshot will teach you to mess with me
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Trick stuff, Ben.
So this C3 system is GSM compatible. Does this mean you have to have a cell account on a GSM system, ie: AT&T, Cingular, etc.?

Or will it send you messages a Verizon phone too?
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-25-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Hey Hey Hey Callen ! Stockton's a great town lol.

Just givin you a hard time.

But i guess you think i live in the ghetto. haha
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-25-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
Kind of spaced.

Myke, super bummed to hear that. Thats real unfortunate, a few boats were stolen by our camp in stockton last year all within a matter of a couple days.

Best of Luck with everything man. Always welcome out to Stockton any day of the week for a pull.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-25-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
Basssteds... That's rough man I hope you get her back.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
hey brid man whats happenin. you got room for me to come get a pull? ill give you a shout. you are right though not all parts of the town is ghetto. just gets a bad wrap because the area that is is really bad. you know its bad when every window of every house and business is barred up.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-25-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
Bill K - The C3 has a SIM card and you do not need service, it is included. The C3 system is powered by custom written Moshi software that establishes a relationship between your boat or vehicle and your phone and own private login online. It will communicate almost any phone that can accept data on any network any where. We have tried it on BlackBerrys, Blackjacks, Palms, Nextel Motorolas, LGs, Samsungs and even the newest Nokia N81. During the first demo I tried I was tracking, remote starting, checking temperature, checking vehicle status and locking and unlocking the doors of a truck in Torrance, California from Las Vegas. During another demo I was able to look up the bread crumb trail of a vehicle from a certain date and time to see where it had been and how fast it was going. This is pretty amazing stuff and I see it working really well in the marine industry. Not all of the features that is capable of will be needed on a boat but the ones that are most important will be. C3 will not use up any text messages or cost you any more on your phone bill. You just need your service providers minimum data plan.

I put the demo program when first available and it really made a believer out of me. I already have two on order for myself. 1 C3 module can be controlled by as many phones as you like and 1 phone can control as many C3 modules as you have.

Here are a few of the menus on my phone.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-26-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
Myke, no updates yet?
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Hey mike sorry about the boat. Got the CF number memorized If I see it I will handle the issue for you (Blindfold and hold till you arrive to give punishment) :-)
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-26-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
hey myke thats all bad. I hope for the best and that it all works out. I cant even imagine your situation and how your feeling. I just moved out here in december and i have already had a run in and some really suspicous people around. My gf i live with called the sherrif one nite as she heard someone in the house when she was sleeping i was in tahoe. she called 911 it was busy called again and it took the cops 25 mins to get there. I guess the person took off when she got up and called 911. I have seen several people just parked, i stand there and stare hard until they leave.
Keep your head up man, you sound like a good guy and will prevail even things will turn around. If you ever need a pull i got you, i'll keep my eyes out as well. Good luck
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-26-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Nothing yet Jarrod.. I meet with the investegator 2morrow afternoon so I'll keep you updated.

Thanks Soli.. I'll be hitting you up for sure this summer.

I will be installing many camera's around my house in the near future.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-27-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
BUMP

Please keep an eye out everyone.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Myke,

Thats f-up big time! I'll keep my eyes open here around Folsom and the river. And I'll throw the bastards a beating if I see them.
Old    K.B.C.            02-28-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
wtf,such bs and that is such a sweet ride. good luck with the recovery
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-28-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY MAN. THAT SUCKS I FEEL FOR YA BIG TIME!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-28-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
I'll also keep an eye out. I had my jetski stolen from a marina storage shed a few years back. It's the worst thing in the world when someone takes something that you worked hard to get.

Good news for me was 2 weeks later I saw my jetski out on the delta and had a boatload of people to commandeer it!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-28-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
thats brutal Myke. sorry to hear. I hope it all works out for the best. I'll keep my eyes peeled down this way.
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2008, 11:54 PM Reply   
Any word yet????
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Have you found your boat yet?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-12-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
Horrible story, any updates?
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-12-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-12-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sorry for no reply.. my life has been crazy the last week.... No word yet
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       03-12-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
dude sorry to hear that hope things get better.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-13-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Look in Mexico