Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Are CWB and Conelly owned by the same company? HO Watersports maybe? Check this page out... http://www.connellyskis.com/bindings.php
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
cwb = Connelly Wake Boards

(Message edited by dakid on May 25, 2007)
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Ooooooh.... If I had known that before hand I would've thought their boards were bad because they come from a ski company.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
will, you know i am your friend... but that is just the stupidest thing to say... hyperlite, obrien, ronix and cwb all have their ski lines (most started as ski companies, wakeboarding started mostly from skiers)
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-25-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
They are all pretty much owned by the same entity, but are ran as seperat companies.

H.O. skies=Hyperlite
Connelly=CWB

I am not sure of the connection with connely and bad gear... all of my connelly/cwb products are top notch!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-25-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
most of the pros on the tour used to be 3 event skiers. zane, murray, shapiro, both bonifays jus to name a few
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2007, 12:21 AM Reply   
hyperlite = HO
CWB = Connely
Ronix = Radar

theres more help me guys
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2007, 12:43 AM Reply   
o'brien = o'brien
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-26-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
this is the ABSOLUTE stupidest thread I have ever seen. I cant beleive the iggnorance of this guy. Thats like saing I cant own a
X-Star b/c they make the prostar. Or an Air Nautique b/c of the Ski Nautique.
I SUK at sking and would challenge any of the haters to put a ski on. This thread is DONE. Some one with an attitude like this belongs on OTE boards. (ON THE EDGE) because I dont think they make skis
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Damn Spin! Do you have a brutal hangover this morning or something

IMO the "Who is he boat swamper" thread was much more retarded.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-26-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
lol just a bad day...just blowin off some steam. haha
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
How bout, Stinger, Jobe, EP, Kidder and Maha.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-27-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
WHAT ABOUT THE FORCE
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-27-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Jason said "most of the pros on the tour used to be 3 event skiers. zane, murray, shapiro, both bonifays jus to name a few"

Not very true.
Zane did FREESTYLE jump on the OLD protour, as a SHOWSKIER from Cypress Gardens. Then moved to wakeboarding. He was as still is a GREAT all around skier. He also competed as a barefooter. But not 3 event.
The Bomifay's also come from a skiing family. There Mom Betty also skied at the Gardens. Parks also did some freestyle jump but not 3 event.

Shapiro...that would be some news if he was 3 event. Murray I think skied at Seaworld of Orlando as a show skier.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
no man parks did 3 event, i remember an interview with him he said the first time he saw a wakeboard it was a month before 3 event nationals, then his mom wouldnt let him use it till after they were over
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-28-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
I might get flamed for this but i don't like that the same companies that make wakeboards make skis, and even tubes. You don't see skateboard companies making rollerblades. I have nothing against skiing but i think that it just takes away from the whole wakeboarding being "core" thing.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
WAKEBOARDING IS NOT CORE!!!!it never will be. You your self probably bought a package board from Sport Chalet or Chicks. This Is not a core sport. This is a family sport. I dont know very many core people willing to shell out 100K for a boat and tow vehicle. That X2 in your profile was probaly purched by the most core person in your fam. your DAD.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-28-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
I guess all the snowboard companies are not "Core" either then, because they all started out making Snow Skies and most of them still do, or are owned buy a Snow Ski company.
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-28-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
regardless what the f they make.. CWB still puts out a top notch product
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-28-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
innov8tionactionsports.com, that's a huge generalization. And just to clear it up, the ski companies came into snowboarding after their industry was dying. A ski company was not one of the first companies to start making snowboards (burton, sims).

But yes, there are ski companies that make snowboards, and most likely always will. I don't think wakeboarding will ever be able to cut their ties from the waterskiing industry...I can't see that they want to either. But it's a little different these days because at least the kids who ride for these other companies ride like a wakeboarder and not a skiier...I think that has a huge effect on the politics of the argument...not to mention the money...and I'm sure from a consumer's point of view, if the gear can hang, they'll buy it.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-28-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
I really don't care that the companies do that. For example, though, i like how there are a bunch of small wakeskate companies that are doing there own thing and making products only for wakeskating.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-28-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
And ya my dad bought me a boat but im sure a bunch of skaters, surfers and snowboarders parents helped them pay for their stuff
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-28-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Yes Electricsnow it was a generalization, but actually it was Dimitrije Milovich His company "Winterstick" that is to be considered as the first snowboard company ever and I think that was in 1970, before Burton or Sims. I think Burton and Sims started producing snowboards in 1977 at about the same time.
Before any of them, there was a man named Sherman Poppen in 64 that made the first snowboard out of two kids skies bolted together, they called them "snurfers" and sold about 1 million of them in 10 years before the company went bankrupt.