Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shreddymunster)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-31-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Check this out. It will help you get in and out of your wetsuit. Works great!

Thought I'd share.

www.githru.com
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-31-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Looks like spam from a spammer.
Old     (shreddymunster)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-31-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Looks like spam from a spammer.
Its not spam. It's just a post.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-31-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
$15 for what a grocery/plastic bag has been used to do for years. I'll stick with my plastic bags, and seems pointless for taking a wetsuit off. Some silly business ideas these days.
Old     (shreddymunster)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-31-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
$15 for what a grocery/plastic bag has been used to do for years. I'll stick with my plastic bags, and seems pointless for taking a wetsuit off. Some silly business ideas these days.
A grocery bag is

1. terrible for the environment.
2. is useless once the bag is ripped.
3. doesn't do anything to help you get out of a wetsuit.

These footies help to reduce the friction of your feet when your pulling your foot out of the wetsuit leg. Its reusable which will help restore the negative effect that plastic bags have had on the environment.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-31-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Am I missing something? Why are people having trouble getting out of wetsuits?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-31-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
The idea is sound, especially for the amount of times I've punched through a plastic bag with my foot, which is just annoying picking a plastic bag out from the ankles of your wetsuit.
It's also good cause I no longer use plastic bags for grocery shopping, so I'll run out at some point soon and this'll be a good durable replacement.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-31-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Here's my method that is 100% foolproof.

1. Take off the right leg of your wetsuit.
2. Take off the left leg of your wetsuit.
3. Profits!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-31-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
^^^hold on you lost me after point 1..... :P
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-31-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddymunster View Post
Its not spam. It's just a post.
When your very first post is a link selling something it looks like spam from a spammer. Just say'n.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-31-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddymunster View Post
A grocery bag is

1. terrible for the environment.
2. is useless once the bag is ripped.
3. doesn't do anything to help you get out of a wetsuit.

These footies help to reduce the friction of your feet when your pulling your foot out of the wetsuit leg. Its reusable which will help restore the negative effect that plastic bags have had on the environment.
Starting to seem like you do have something invested in these patent-pending products.

1. You're right, but outside of L.A. and Austin, most anywhere else you get a plastic bag every now and then, and it's better for the environment that it be recycled, or reused in any manner outside of carrying something out of the store.
2. I have used the same two plastic bags since late Sept-early Oct, they haven't ripped yet, and that's riding 5+ times a week.
3. As stated, I don't need any help getting the wetsuit off, it's for getting it on. I've also been taught to roll the wetsuit off anyway, which these will likely lead to pulling the wetsuit off, stretching and potentially damaging seams.

Plastic bags reduce friction, and again, who is having that much trouble taking a wetsuit off? It's hopefully wet and will come off pretty simple. Plastic bags are not good for the environment, and it's good to reduce our usage of them, I use my own re-usable grocery bags, and actually ask to not have purchased product bagged when at all possible, even if it means carrying a bunch of stuff to the car (forgot my re-usable bags once, so I just reloaded groceries in the cart and took that to the car), and I recycle plastic bags that I do receive, so I feel the environmental concern. However, it also seems to be the next popular thing to create a "need" by claiming environmental impact, and ride that wave as much as possible.

Still seems like $15 on a patent pending sock, that surfers have used a plastic bag to do successfully for years and years.

Here is help on removing a wetsuit if anyone is having trouble...

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-31-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
@ A-dub, if only getting out of wetsuits were always that exciting!
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-02-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
" Why are people having trouble getting out of wetsuits? "

^this
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-02-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
Never heard of using plastic bags for wetsuits. Do you use a plastic bag when putting on and taking off? Do you tie around your ankles?
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-02-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
If you stick you foot in the back and then just push it through the leg it glides better. But personally, i just bunch up the leg and put my foot stright through the hole and then the other and then pull up the suit. I don't think it is too much effort. Removing it you just roll it down. Simple. Not sure how one needs a bag to remove a suit.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-02-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
I thought for a minute maybe I had super powers or something bc I dont have a problem putting it on or taking off. But apparently Im not alone

Tonight I'll take a video of me changjng in/out of one while standing on an indo board.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Never heard of using plastic bags for wetsuits. Do you use a plastic bag when putting on and taking off? Do you tie around your ankles?
Yes, when putting on a fullsuit it just makes it easier, faster, and I think gives the wetsuit a chance to last longer. Take 2 plastic bags, put one on each foot, then insert legs into the wetsuit, and take the bags off. I have never used them for removing, as I have been told to roll the wetsuit off legs and arms for wetsuit longevity, as well as it's wet and stretches more, plus you're not in an anxious hurry to hit the water.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-02-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Here's my method that is 100% foolproof.

1. Take off the right leg of your wetsuit.
2. Take off the left leg of your wetsuit.
3. Profits!!
Not sure why it needs to be any different then this.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2013, 6:10 AM Reply   
I just pull if off like a normal person