Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have a buddy installing LEDs in my interior tonight. There is an accesory switch that seems to do nothing that is right next to the nav lights. I was thinking of running the lights off of that switch, but wanted to make sure it was just an extra switch there for tower lights or something that i do not have. It is an 05 LSV.
Old     (gotsumgas)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-01-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
I know on my 08 22ssv there is an extra switch. My dealer told me for something I may add in the future. Nothing attached to it?
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Nothing that i know of, although haven't really checked it out. All i can say is it lights up when i push it!! Don't really have time to check in the manual as we are doing this on a whim in about an hour.

Who knows maybe its some kind of cool feature I didn't know I had!!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-01-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
Should be an empty switch with. If it came from the factory with something wired to it, it would be labled accordingly. If it just says ACC, then nothing is on it unless the dealer installed something. Make sure the breaker under the dash on that switch is rated for what you are trying to do with it.
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-01-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
On my 2005 Outback LSV it wasn't hooked up to anything, I actually hooked up my tower light to it. I just had to get a bigger breaker, stock was 10 Amp and I had to put in a 20 Amp.
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
I wired a bunch of LEDs to mine. The switch does get a bit warm...but it works.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       07-01-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Its for the docking lights option. If you don't have that than your golden.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
I just tied in my LEDs to the courtesy lights
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-02-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
It was dead alright. Got everything installed in a good hour. Even ran lights to the v-drive compartments. Pretty simple project really.

Thanks guys!!
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-08-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
You can tie your LED's to the NAV lights or the courtesy lights. Either makes sense.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-08-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
I just finished my install. I wired mine to the accessory switch on the dash. On my Moomba, there was an extra switch with nothing wired to it. The top half runs the tower lights and the lower half runs my Cabin LED. I also install two switches to operate the speaker can lights and the other runs the underwater lights. I will post pictures today sometime.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
I just realized the tower speakers that came with my 24SSV have lights in the center of them, but they don't appear to work or aren't hooked up at the speaker. I found they were attached to one of the accessory switches. I think mine has two extras, one is for the lights on my speakers.