Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm finally in a position to upgrade to a VDrive but I am facing the decision of what I should be looking at. I know most of the in's and out's of most manufacturers on wakeboard wakes but I'm struggling to figure out what the best all round boat for me will be?

I'm 34 6', 220lbs and my wakeboarding career is starting wind down a bit considering the 19 years or so of wakeboarding and snowboarding so my knees and back don't like me as much as they used too. I need a boat that is good in rough water as the lake where our summer house is can get nasty quick. As much as I like wakeboarding surfing is going to start becoming more and more the usual. Most of my friends are all bigger guys like myself and have struggled on my small DD surf wave.

I have all brands locally so service isn't an issue or something I care about that much. I have a 2000 MB DD and it's been in the shop twice and was never an actual dealer.

Budget of about $ 40-50K Canadian
I'd like a boat that can fill ballast fast like an MB and put up a decent wave with little work.
I'd love a 226 or a MB TWB but I will probably have to wait another year or so for the prices to come down enough and there isn't too many near me. A local dealer just picked up MB last year.
VLX . Great wakeboard wake and boat. What's surf wave like?
LSV. Same thing.
Nautique 210,220. Steeper wakeboard wake. What's the surf wave like?
Tige. Great wakeboard wake and boat. What's surf wave like?

A local dealer is suggesting a Supreme V208, 232 or older Centurion Enzo. I know they put out great waves but honestly the styling of these boats aren't really my favorite.

I know you can pretty much surf behind any of these boats and none of the waves need to be the ultimate wave. Something that is large enough to allow people to surf with ease and relatively simple setup is more important.

Suggestions?