Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-01-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
With all the gimmick's out there ,you would think somebody would of come up with a box fin.
All I read about is pop this ,and pop that ,pop1,pop2,pop3 pop4 ,snap, crackle & pop,and my favorite pop go's DA weasel
If your board DOES NOT have a box fin your losing POP or I like to call it "BLAST"
If fin is put on by screws your fin is has to be TOO WIDE ,And a fin that is TOO WIDE,creates CAVITATION which creates LESS POP or I like to call it "BLAST"
Now a box fin is 1/2 the thickness of screw-on fin ,which allows your board to sit DEEPER in the water. So your board can cut though the water "like a hot knife cutting though butter" that creates MORE "BLAST" OFF THE WAKE

That's are opinion... What's your
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-01-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm surprised that WB manufacturing companies do not counter sink fins into the base of the board before screwing them onto the board. This would allow for the thinest fin possible because the screw taps into the counter-sunk part, not the actual fin. Of course it would have to be all metal.
Old    byerly137pro            02-01-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
Whats the deal with the new "fin" or whatever on Byerly's wakeskates, wouldn't it make it impossible to 50-50 something? Sure it could help lock you on the slider for nose slides but it would be useless in a session or comp where you wanna do more then one type of slide.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
you wouldn't be able to change fin length
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-02-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
you see John ,you'ld have to have skilled labor to do that.if you cheeck out nobulljustmoose.com/board.htm that what a box fin looks like,and yes J-Rod you would be able to change fin ,How that sound.
I've worked closely with the Bahne Bothers ,And beteen them and me we have over 125 years in making fins. store.finsunlimited.com/index.html

That's are opinion... What's your's
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
I think as long as a fin has a smooth transiotioned foil it doesn't create cavitation. Thicker leading edge that tapers to a thinner trailing edge reduces the drag as well. Doesn't a box fin have a gap in it that would create cavitation?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Hilts, it like this ,it that thcker leading edge that creates the lift {it's call pushing water},times that by 3or 4 fins ,THATS A LOT OF LIFT. That's the thing doesn't allow the board to sit deeper in the water.
A thin egde fin cut though water like a hot knife cutting though butter, that what I want my fin to do.
HEY WHAT HAPPEN TO ALL YOU WAKEBOARD DESIGNERS.

That's are opinion....What's your's